The Assault on the Keep of Karak the Greedy

The first real adventure the party went on was a daring raid on the tower fortress of an up and coming magic-user by the name of Karak. This was an adventure of my own design.

  See the complete map.

You were successful in your foray into the Caves of Shadow, but you couldn't rid yourself of that niggling suspicion in the back of your mind that there was more to the orc band than just a random monster lair. Your companions Regdar and Floren have gone their own way to seek their own fortunes. Perhaps you'll see them again one day, perhaps not. But you, Mialee and Jozan, have decided to root out the truth of the matter.

Your investigation has led you across half the barony, to a small town called Hillsview. Along the way, based on conversations you've had with other travelers and townspeople of dozens of villages and towns, you have become convinced that the Ogre-led band of orcs that you destroyed in the Caves of Shadow were in fact a scouting party for a larger, far more sinister operation.

It seems that the entire barony has been plagued of late with harrassment and plundering by goblin tribes. Although the Baron has tried to eradicate them, they seem to be much better organized than they are known to normally be. In addition, with the campaign season in full swing, the Baron and most of his best troops are off upholding their feudal obligations to the King, leaving the barony ill-prepared to deal with these incursions.

Putting together the bits and pieces of intelligence you have gathered, you've determined that the organizational force behind the concerted goblin raids is likely to be one Karak, a young sorceror, referred to by most as "Karak the Greedy." Karak's infamy is spreading throughout the countryside as a young, but powerful and evil sorcerer who uses his magic to increase the size of his treasure, which is suspected of being immense.

He has been clever enough to spread the raids out over a large area, and never be seen with the goblins, and has so far avoided stiking too close to home, probably to throw off suspicion such as you are now harboring.

In recent months, however, Karak has become more brazen in his extortion operations. He has sent messages to villages and small towns, demanding tribute, and if the towns refuse, or take too long, an army of angry goblins quickly follows, leaving a swath of death and destruction in their wake. Young men and maids have been kidnapped from their beds, and dragged off to the gods know where.

Karak lives in a mountain fortress, not too far from Hillsview, where he reputedly conducts ghastly experiments in magic, along with many apprentices. Stories abound about what might be found if anyone were brave enough, or foolish enough, to venture into his lair. It is also rumored that there might be a larger, darker Force aiding Karak. People in Hillsview swear that Karak did not build his tower home, but moved into a keep that had existed on the site for centuries. It had always been considered haunted by the townspeople, and no one in their right mind would go near it, before Karak occupied it or after. It is thought that his lair might contain everything from piles of precious tools to caverns full of hideous monsters and mistakes from Karak experiments.

Even though Hillsview itself has not been raided yet, the town fathers have gotten very worried about the situation, and have discreetly offered a reward of 1750 gold pieces for anyone who could rid the area of the problem before it does affect the town directly.

At a tavern called the What Ales You, ideas, plans, boasts, and tall tales abound concerning Karak. Suggestions vary from massing the people of the town and making an assault on the keep to sneaking in while Karak is away on a raid somewhere else and looting the place, and every other imaginable plan. The most reasonable sounding is the counter raid idea. Since your arrival in town, you have become acquainted with a dwarf going by the name of Flint, who is here looking for some kinsmen who diappeared while in this area trying to arrange some trade agreements. Mialee was also delighted to run across a distant cousin of hers by the name of Quenda. Quenda didn't learn as much magic as Mialee had, but instead, spent her time in studying forest lore and the ways of the wilderness. She has also made a special study about defeating all giant-kind in combat.

You have decided to join forces and continue your investigation. One of the townspeople you've talked to has given you general directions to the Tower, but has also warned you that it is most likely guarded by powerful magical glyphs and wards.

The approach to the keep is through rugged foothills and dense forest, a days' journey from Hillsview. As you approach the location of the tower, Quenda notices traces of the passage of large numbers of goblins, up to several days ago. As the sun sets, you can see the tower, standing out against the leaden skies. It appears to be located in a cleft of some kind on the side of a hill.

Your party carefully approaches the tower, taking care to stay hidden in the dense undergrowth of the forest. When you are about 200 meters from the tower, you can see that it is standing on a rock outcropping in the middle of a raging stream. There is a bridge that crosses the river in front of the tower on the dowstream side, but it does not touch the tower. There is a lone figure on the top of the tower, but in the deepening gloom, it's tough to tell exactly what sort of creature it is.

As you wait there in the gathering twilight, trying to decide what to do, you hear the approach of a large body of troops on the far side of the river. They chant in a low monotone, but are too far away to make out the words. Soon, you see several groups of creatures arriving at the streamside at the base of the tower, each group of 2 dozen or so bearing different weapons, with different devices on their small shields.

Trying to make yourself as small and silent as possible, you wait crouched in the underbrush for about an hour, watching the tower, growing more and more nervous as the number of creatures approaches and exceeds 100. Finally, another figure emerges at the top of the tower, holding a staff, with a pale nimbus of light surrounding his body. He steps up on the wall of the tower, and delivers a 10 minute speech in the goblin tongue, exhorting the creatures below to crush their enemies, and show no mercy on those who defy the might of KARAK!

As the figure finishes his speech, he steps off the edge of the tower, and floats gently down to the bridge below, where he lands on a carriage pulled by two ogres. His carriage rolls off the bridge, and down the hill, followed by his minions, each group in a motley gang, picking up their chanting again as they march down the hill after their master.

The last of the chanting drifts away, as complete darkness falls on the forest. You wonder where the despicable army of goblins is going, and wonder what you should do now....


========================
November 16, 2001
========================

In the woods near the town of Hillsview . . . .

<DM> ok, there you are, on a ridge, overlooking the tower
<DM> you don't see anyone on the top of the tower any more, and  it's been 30
    minutes since you last heard anything of the goblin army
<Jozan> time?
<DM> whaddya gonna do?
<Quenda> are there any windows
<DM> one hour past full dark
<DM> there are narrow arrow slits on the second story
<Mialee> How tall is the tower?
> Flint stakes the mule out in an area concealed from the tower.
<DM> the top has the usual crenelated battlement
<Quenda> shoot an arrow with the robe
<Quenda> rope
<DM> unless you have a rope of elvenkind, (which you don't) the rope would be
    too heavy
<Mialee> That's what I was thinking.
<Quenda> oh well
<Mialee> Perhaps we should go do a pass around the base of the tower, get a
    closer look.
*** >> <Flint> >>   how 'bout that grappling hook you got Flint?
<Flint> I suggest we advance to the base of the tower.
<Quenda> good idea
<Jozan> good idea.  and check where the trolls were gathered for clues
<DM> who is going to go?
<Mialee> Who's the heavy here?  I don't know who's what. :)
<Quenda> I am
*** >> <Mialee> >>   Quenda is a 3rd lvl ranger
<DM> your distant cousin
<Mialee> I think we should all go.
<DM> opos
*** << <Mialee> << Gotcha
*** << <Mialee> << I knew someone was but couldn't recall the name.  Thx.
<Flint> I'm not to good at sneaking around.
<Mialee> Well, what say the elves go on ahead?
<Mialee> We'll report back.
<Jozan> ok
<Flint> OK
<Quenda> I'm with you
<Mialee> Quenda, lead on.
> Mialee readies an arrow, just in case.
<Quenda> lets go
<DM> what are you carrying in your hands?
<DM> ok, Quenda?
<Quenda> longbow
<DM> ok, you get down to the river side...
> Quenda moving out
<DM> and see that there is a bridge leading over the river in front of, but not
    touching the tower
<Mialee> How broad is the gap?
<DM> the tower itself sits on a rock outcropping in the middle of the river
<DM> 15 feet
<Mialee> So 15 feet of water between the end of the bridge and the tower?
<DM> and there is a drawbridge (up, obviously) on the wall next to the bridge'
<Jozan> how fast is the river?
<DM> yes
<Mialee> OK.
<DM> very fast
<DM> too fast to wade or swim
> Mialee looks around on the ground for anything unusual.
<DM> the arrow slits are one story above the bridge/drawbridge
*** >> <Mialee> >>   you don't see anything
<Mialee> Hm... nothing there.
<Jozan> are there any features on the tower to which a rope could be lassoed?
> Mialee looks at the drawbridge to see if there's any mechanism visible for
    lowering it.
<DM> Mialee, not from your side
<Mialee> What about on the other side?
<DM> Jozan, the crenelations on the top perhaps, but it's a long way up
<DM> the other side is all river
<Mialee> I see.
<DM> unless, Jozan, someone had a special tool for doing that
<Quenda> we need to find a way to get the rope on the bridge
> Mialee pokes at the bridge with a foot to be sure it's solid.
<Quenda> err drawbridge
<DM> the brideg is very solid, and of new construction
> Mialee walks out onto the bridge, cautiously.
<Jozan> check if the second half is just invisible :)
<DM> it easily supports you.  Remember, it held 2 ogres
> Mialee pokes off the end of the bridge with her foot, to see if there's
    actually bridge there.
<DM> hang on, I think we have a visualization problem
<DM> imagine a raging stream
<Mialee> Uh-huh
<DM> in the middle of the stream, there is an island of rock
<DM> on the rock is a tower
<Mialee> Right...
<Quenda> is there a fallen tree that we can place from the bridge to the rocks
<DM> there is a bridge that goes all the way across the stream, 15 ft
    downstream of the tower/island
<Mialee> Oh.
<Mialee> I see.
<Jozan> ah
<DM> you can see that normal operation would have the drawbridge lowered to the
    bridge, and entry and exit to the tower would be simple
> Flint fastens the grappling hook to the end of the rope for when the elves
    return.
<Mialee> I see.
<DM> but with the drwbridge up, there is a water gap between the center of the
    bridge and the tower
> Mialee crosses the bridge and looks around on the other side to see if
    there's anything to trigger the bridge there.
<Jozan> I think we better grapple across
<DM> mialee finds nothing over there, except the beaten down grass where the
    goblin army assembled
> Mialee crosses back.
<Mialee> I think we should see if Jozan can get across with his grapple.
> Mialee signals Jozan and Flint to come down.
> Jozan goes to the bridge
<Quenda> do we have the boots from last week
> Flint gathers his gear and follows Jozan.
<DM> a little out of character, but an excellent question
<Mialee> Ah, the boots would be potentially handy.
<DM> hmm, who had the boots?
<Mialee> Regdar.
<DM> too bad
<Jozan> yeah, he kept them since they fit so well
<Quenda> lol
<DM> :)
<Mialee> Heh
<DM> back to plan A
<Mialee> Well, Jozan.  Tarry forth. :)
<Flint> And the sword. :-)
<DM> actually, Flint has the rope and hook, I think
<Mialee> The sword I don't miss.  It gave me the creeps. :)
<Mialee> Oh, OK.  Whoever. :)
<Mialee> And really, Regdar had the worst luck.  Good riddance. ;)
> Jozan tells Flint to get busy
<Jozan> :)
<DM> Ok, Flint, roll under your dexterity
<Flint> how large are the arrow slits?
<DM> too narrow, but you might make it to the top
<Flint> Is the Drawbridge pulled tight against the wall of the tower or is
    there a gap at the top?
<DM> Gee, Floren would be handy here too, eh?
<Mialee> :)
<DM> There is no gap
<Quenda> :-(
<Flint> Yes.
<DM> it is actually recessed into the wall
> Flint throws for the top of the tower.
<DM> d20 please
*** Roll by Flint: 1D20 -> 1
<Mialee> Nice throw.
<DM> excellent!
<Flint> I think thats under my dex. ;-)
<DM> the hook sets, with barely a whisper
<Flint> Who wants to climb first?
<Quenda> I go first if you like
<Mialee> I don't want to climb.  I want someone to get that drawbridge open.
<Jozan> are we tieing the other end of the rope to the bridge?
<DM> an elf afraid of heights?
<Quenda> let me go
> Flint anchors the end of the rope
<Jozan> or hloding it so we can let Q. down onto the island?
> Quenda climbs
<Mialee> Afraid of heights?  Me?  No, no.
<DM> ok, you hold the rope so that Quenda is eased to the base of the tower,
    and then she starts to clinb the wall
<DM> Quenda, roll under your dexterity, but subtract 5 from the roll
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d20 -> 17
<DM> ouch!
<Quenda> ouch
*** Roll by DM: 1d6 -> 2
<DM> Quenda gets half way up, and falls, taking 2 hp
<Flint> Next time I'll knot the rope to make it easier.
> Quenda starts climbing again
<DM> roll again
<DM> good idea flint
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d20 -> 14
<DM> ok, you make it to the top
<Mialee> I'll go next, assuming my cousin isn't hacked to pieces upon arrival.
<DM> the top of the tower is empty
<DM> ok, roll Mialee
<Mialee> OK, gents, send me across.
<DM> roll d20 -5 under your dexterity
> Mialee grabs the rope and starts to climb.
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d20 -> 13
<DM> you make it to the top
<Flint> Go ahead Jozan.
<DM> .2
<DM> oops
> Jozan crosses
*** Roll by Jozan: 1d20 -> 2
*** Keysub '.1' set to '/roll 1d10'.
*** Keysub '.t' set to '/roll 1d12'.
*** Keysub '.2' set to '/roll 1d20'.
<DM>
<DM> you make it to the top with no problem
*** Roll by DM: 1d20 -> 10
<Mialee> Heh, one thing I remember from my days gaming in real life is that
    feeling of dread whenever the DM rolls for no obvious reason. :)
<DM> hehe
<DM> what's happening?
<Mialee> I think we're waiting for Flint to come up.
<DM> Flint, are you climbing or waiting for the drawbridge?
<Flint> Is the bridge made of wood?
<DM> Yes, stout oak
> Jozan twiddles his thumbs
<DM> at the top of the tower, you notice there is a stone circular stairway
    leading dow
<DM> down
> Mialee twiddles Quenda's thumbs.
<Quenda> lol
> Flint climbs the rope.
*** Roll by Flint: 1D20 -> 20
> Mialee winces.
<DM> ouch
> Flint falls.
<DM> into the river, but manages to hang onto the rope
> Mialee mumbles something about hoping Flint has a spare neck in his pocket.
> Jozan pulls up on the rope
*** Roll by DM: 1d6 -> 2
<Flint> got it.
<DM> Flint take 2 hp damage
> Flint climbs the rope again.
*** Roll by Flint: 1D20 -> 18
<DM> and gets to the shoreline next to the tower
<Jozan> 3rs times a charm
<DM> Flint gets up to the drawbridge level
<DM> and falls, taking
> Flint attempts to climb the tower again.
*** Roll by DM: 1d6 -> 6
<DM> ouch, six hp
<DM> dwarves have never been good rope clinbers
<DM> climbers
<Flint> One more time.
<Mialee> Flint, tie a knot in the rope and then just hang on -- we'll drag you
    up. :)
> Flint climbs the tower.
<Mialee> Or tie the rope around your waist or something.
> Quenda knocks an arrow and starts down the stair
<DM> theres an idea
*** Roll by Flint: 1D20 -> 7
<DM> and he's up, even with his dislocated shoulder
<Flint> Dwarves are tough.
<Jozan> how many hp do you have left, Flint?
<Mialee> But not so bright. :)
<DM> ooh, way out of character, Jozan
<DM> but he's about half dead
<Flint> Give or take.
<DM> btw, have I mentioned that in MY world...
<DM> a cure light wounds cures d4+4, not d8
<DM> ?
<Mialee> No.
> Jozan casts cure light on Flint
*** Roll by Jozan: 1d4 -> 1
<DM> and he gets 5 hp back
<Flint> Thank you, Jozan.
> Mialee peers down the stairs.
*** >> <Flint> >>   you're down 3 now, right?
<Jozan> is there anything else on the roof?
*** << <Flint> <<  Yes.
<DM> mialee sees the back of Quenda
<DM> no Jozan
<DM> Quenda, you see a guard room, ...
<Mialee> OK, let's establish a marching order and head on down.
<DM> , which has a few stools, arrows slits all round, and one orc guard.
<DM> snoring at the moment
<DM> The place is well-stocked with arrows and bolts, and there is a long bow
    and two crossbows on Wall
<Jozan> someone should sneak down and assassinate him
<Mialee> Who's a good sneak?
<Flint> Does it involve climbing a rope? <eg>
> Quenda shoots an arrow
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d20 -> 3
<DM> and the arrow clatters against the floor, waking the guard.
<DM> the orc raises his head, and grunts
> Mialee nudges Quenda trying to get her to go down the stairs out of the way.
> Quenda another arrow moving into room
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d20 -> 6
*** <Ken> has entered the room.
*** <Ken> has left the room.
> Mialee looks to see if she has a shot.
<DM> another arrow hits the wall
> Flint rushes forward and attacks the orc.
<Quenda> to much wine
> Jozan wonders where the disappearing Ken went
<DM> not without going down a bit
> Mialee goes down the stairs into the guard toom.
<DM> the orc grabs his spear and charges Quenda
> Mialee shoots the orc.
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d20 -> 13
> Quenda getting out sword
<DM> just barely missed Mialee
*** Roll by Flint: 1D20 -> 19
<DM> with what, flint
<DM> ?
<Flint> Battle Axe of course. :-)
<DM> did you throw it?
<DM> you were still on the roof last time I looked
<DM> oh sorry
<DM> i missed your charge
<Flint> it's ok.
<DM> Flint roll a d6 to see oif you get to the orc before he gets to Quenda
*** Roll by DM: 1d6 -> 4
<Jozan> the orc won't be, though :)
*** Roll by Flint: 1D6 -> 1
<DM> ok quenda you roll too
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d6 -> 1
<DM> the orc stabs at quenda
*** Roll by DM: 1d20 -> 4
<DM> and misses, distracted by Flints charge.
<DM> FLint roll damage
*** Roll by Flint: 1D8 -> 8
<DM> and spplits the orcs head open
> Mialee is impressed.
> Jozan goes down and searches the room for goodies
<DM> you look around the room, adn it has plenty of crossbows and quarrels
<DM> it also has several spears
> Mialee searches the orc's body.
<DM> you find 24 sp tucked in his boot
> Mialee takes the silver.
<DM> There is also another stair down from this level
> Flint stands guard at the stairs.
> Jozan examines the crossbows
> Mialee browses the bows.
<DM> nothing fancy, just serviceable
> Mialee shrugs.
<Mialee> Shall we?
<Quenda> lets move on
<Jozan> ok
<Flint> What's our marching order?
> Mialee nominates Flint to take the lead.
<Quenda> I 2nd that
<Jozan> i'll go 2nd since I have a war hammer
<Mialee> I'll to third.
<DM> ok, what weapons are you all carrying?
<Quenda> I'll go last
<Mialee> Longbow.
<Flint> You realize Dwarves are not usually very quite, don't you?
<Quenda> longbow
<Flint> Battle axe
<DM> map:
<DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
<DM> LLLL   _   LLLLL
<DM> LL    | [[  LLLL
<DM> L     |_]]] L ]]
<DM> LL   1a     LLLL
<DM> LLLL       LLLLL
*** You are now a room leader.
<Mialee> Whoops, forgot to make DM a room leader earlier. :)
<Quenda> that's ok your most knowledgeable flint
<DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.m don't know what to do with that anyway  :)
<Mialee> What's "1a"?
<DM> Room number
<Mialee> OK.
<Mialee> Is this the map of the room after going downstairs again?
<DM> oh, btw, here's a map key:
<DM> Map Key:
<DM>
<DM> LLL
<DM> LLL    Solid Rock wall, etc
<DM> ]]]]  Stairs down to the east
<DM> [[[[  Stairs down to the west
<DM> __   |    Doors    (could be parts of other things too)
<DM> Room furnishings:  NOTE: symbols do not depict orientation, only position.
<DM> h      Chair
<DM> H     B
<DM>
<DM> D     desk
<DM> C     Chest
<DM> w     Washbasin
<DM> o     Small round table
<DM> (o)   Larger round table
<DM>
<DM> a,b,c,d,e...        occupants: refer to letters for attacks
<DM> 1,2,3,4....       Room/Area number.
<DM>
<DM> H is Bed
<Mialee> OK.
<Mialee> Well, let's go on down.
<Mialee> Actually, could I request a short break?
<DM> what you see in the middle there is a spiral stait
<DM> yes, !
<DM> stair, even
<DM> Bio Break!
<Mialee> Yes.  AFK a minute. :)
<Flint> Good, Munchie run.
> DM wonders why his Courier doesn't seem to be monospaced in ProTERM
<Mialee> I'm back.
<Quenda> me too
<Mialee> [OC] Darnit, my MP3 player's headphones are here, but someone's
    wandered off with the MP3 player itself.
<DM> Map:
<DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LLLLLLL  LLL
<DM> ]]]]]]]                    LLL
<DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LLLLLLL   LL
<DM>
<DM>
<DM> There's what you see from the bottom of the stairs.
<Mialee> Is everyone back?
<Jozan> I'm here
<DM> Each "L" is 5' east-west and 10'Northsouth
<DM> I think Flint is still missing
<Jozan> lets send Q up to scout where the hall Ts
<Mialee> Sounds like a plan to me.
> Quenda walks down the hall
<DM> you come to a 4-way intersection
<Flint> I'm here.
> Quenda looks left and right
<DM> peering around to the north, you see a passage that soon opens into a
    room, where you hear some discussion
<DM> to the south, the passage goes down a ways
<DM> Map:
<DM> LLLL        LL
<DM> LLLLLLLLLL  LL
<DM> LLLLLLLLLL  LL
<DM> LLLLLLLLLL  LL
<DM> ]
<DM> LLLLLLLLLL  LL
<DM> LLLLLLLLLL  LL
<DM> LLLLLLLLLL  LL
<DM> LLLLLLLLLL  LL
<DM>
<DM> The discussion seems to be going on in the Orc tongue
<Flint> What is the light situation?
<Flint> I speak Orc.
<DM> the passage is dimly lit by torches set in cressets along the walls.
    Only one in 5 torches is lit.
<DM> The floors, walls and ceiling of this hallway is made of smooth, worked
    stones, anywhere from 1x3 ft to 3x6 ft in size.
> Mialee nudges Flint.
<Mialee> Go listen to see what they're saying.
<DM>  the stairs seem to have dropped  you about 30 feet underground.
> Flint examine the stonework to note it's quality.
<DM> good quality workmanship, but old
> Mialee mutters something about Dwarven stone fetishes.
<Jozan> do we still have a section of rope from last adventure?
<Mialee> We used it to get into the building, remember? :)
<DM> yes, you have that 50' plus the rope Flint was carrying
<Jozan> ok
<Mialee> Ah, more than one.
> Flint advances quitely to listen at the doorway.
<DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLL
<DM> L        LLLL
<DM> L    2   LLLL
<DM> L        LLLL
<DM> LLLLLLL  LLLL
<DM> LLLLLLL  LLLL
<DM> LLLLLLL  LLLL
<DM>
<DM> This room contains a few stools and benches, and is littered with moldy
    food and other junk.
*** <Dave> has entered the room.
<Flint> I have 2 50' lengths of rope.
> Quenda prepares an arrow
<DM> There are four orc guards in this room.  One is snoozing in a chair
    against the far wall, and 3 are engaged in a game of dice in the NE corner.
     You can see 3 spears leaning against the wall within reach of the orcs.
> Mialee readies an arrow.
<DM> Flint, roll under your dexterity d20 + 5 to see if you snucj successfully
<Jozan> how far are the spears from us vs from them?
<DM> snuck
<DM> they are within arms reach of them
<Flint> After you two fire your arrows, I'll charge in.
*** Roll by Flint: 1D20 -> 11
<Flint> no.
<DM> They look up, and cry out in anger, grabbing their spears!
> Quenda shoots
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d20 -> 17
> Mialee shoots at orc #2
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d20 -> 6
<DM> Quenda hits
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d6 -> 2
<DM> mialee misses
<DM> at which orc Quenda
> Jozan charges
> Flint charges into the room.
<Quenda> 3
<DM> ok, FLint, roll for initiative
*** Roll by DM: 1d6 -> 2
*** Roll by Flint: 1D6 -> 6
<DM> you got it
<DM> there are 3 orcs facing you, and one waking up in the corner
> Flint attacks with his Battle Axe.
*** Roll by Flint: 1D20 -> 10
<DM> which orc? 1-3?
<Flint> 3
<Flint> that's a 14.
<DM> why?
<Flint> Sorry, 11.
<DM> ok
<DM> doesn't hit
<DM> Jozan?
> Quenda arrow at #4
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d20 -> 9
<DM> The arrow clatters against the wall
*** Roll by Jozan: 1d20 -> 19
<Jozan> at orc #1
<DM> ok, that's a hit
<Quenda> good job Jozan
<Mialee> Excellent.
<DM> roll for damage
<DM> Jozan
<Jozan> which die?
<DM> what are you hitting with? Warhammer?
<Jozan> yes
*** Roll by Jozan: 1d6 -> 6
<DM> I'll give you the six, but it should be 2d4
<Quenda> great hit
<DM> the orc staggers form the blow
<DM> ok, the orcs' turn
<Mialee> Do I get to go this round?
<DM> jozan and flint are in front, right?
<Jozan> yes
<Flint> yes
<DM> we're still in rd 1
<DM> you shot once, right?
<Mialee> Yes, before initiative.
<DM> you can shoot 2 arrows per round
<Mialee> OK, I'll just hush and wait until I'm told to go. :)
<DM> so you can shoot one more this round, but flint and jozan are now blocking
    orcs 1-3
<DM> orc 4 is still wide open
> Jozan moves out of the way
<DM> an orc stabs at Jozan..
*** Roll by DM: 1d20 -> 10
<DM> and misses
<DM> another one stabs at Flint
*** Roll by DM: 1d20 -> 12
<DM> and misses
<DM> the third stabs at Jozan
*** Roll by DM: 1d20 -> 20
<DM> and connects, doing...
*** Roll by DM: 1d6 -> 2
<DM> 2 damage
<DM> oMialee, are you shooting that last arrow for this round?
> Mialee shoots orc #4
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d20 -> 6
<DM> a wide shot
> Mialee rolls her eyes.
<DM> here's the arrangement:
<DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLL
<DM> L   4321 LLLL
<DM> L     JF LLLL
<DM> L     QM LLLL
<DM> LLLLLLL  LLLL
<DM> LLLLLLL  LLLL
<DM> LLLLLLL  LLLL
<DM>
<DM> ok next round
<DM> Flint roll initiative
*** Roll by DM: 1d6 -> 5
*** Roll by Flint: 1D6 -> 5
<DM> try again, i dont' want to deal with simo hits :)
*** Roll by DM: 1d6 -> 2
*** Roll by Flint: 1D6 -> 2
> Mialee chuckles.
<Dave> lol
<Flint> <EG>
<DM> ok, simpo hits then
<DM> Mialee and Quenda, are you moving?
> Quenda moving in front with sword
> Mialee takes a couple of steps to the right, to get a shot at orc #1.
<DM> You mean to the left?
<Mialee> Well, from the map, it looks like it's the right, to me. :)
<DM> no, there's not enough room on that side
<Mialee> Oh.  That looks like 5' to me.
<DM> you could shoot, but there is a great danger of hitting flint
<Mialee> OK... then the other way. :)
<Mialee> I want to be able to shoot those orcs.
<DM> remember, Flint is bobbing and weaving
<Mialee> Yes, yes.
<DM> move way left then, adn shoot at #4
<Mialee> Then I'll swing way over to the left.
> Flint attacks with his Battle Axe.I'm not bobbing very high though. :-)
> Mialee shoots #4
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d20 -> 15
<DM> that's a hit
<Mialee> What do I roll?
<DM> d6
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d6 -> 3
<DM> ok, again
<Mialee> Again?
<DM> (simo hits)
<Mialee> I'm confused.
<DM> ok, you're right
<DM> wait a sec
<DM> Flint, roll
<Mialee> Of course I'm right, I know when I'm confused. ;)
<DM> LOL
*** Roll by Flint: 1D20 -> 10
<DM> Miss,
<DM> Jozan
> Jozan swings at #2
*** Roll by Jozan: 1d20 -> 2
<DM> almost dropping his hammer
<DM> and Quenda is moving this round.
<DM> orc #1 at Flint
*** Roll by DM: 1d20 -> 19
<DM> and hits!
*** Roll by DM: 1d6 -> 4
<DM> flint takes four
<Flint> Got it.
<DM> #2 at Jozan
*** Roll by DM: 1d20 -> 14
<DM> and hits
*** Roll by DM: 1d6 -> 2
<DM> Jozan takes 2
<DM> #3 at Quenda
*** Roll by DM: 1d20 -> 7
<DM> but misses
<DM> #4 at Quenda
*** Roll by DM: 1d20 -> 8
<DM> and misses
> Quenda laughs
<DM> mialee, your last arrow?
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d20 -> 16
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d6 -> 4
<DM> you catch the orc through the neck!
<DM> it crumples to the ground
<DM> gurgling out its life
> Mialee gives a little elven cheer.
<Jozan> goodie
<Quenda> yes
<DM> next round
<DM> Jozan, roll for initiative
*** Roll by DM: 1d6 -> 6
*** Roll by Jozan: 1d6 -> 4
<DM> the orcs go foirst
<DM> orc 1 at Flint
*** Roll by DM: 1d20 -> 16
<DM> and a hit
*** Roll by DM: 1d6 -> 4
<DM> Flint's taking it hard
<Flint> Got it.
<DM> #2 at Jozan
*** Roll by DM: 1d20 -> 2
<DM> and hits the floor
<DM> #3 at Quenda
*** Roll by DM: 1d20 -> 8
<DM> swish!
<Quenda> lol
> Jozan wipes sweat from his head
<DM> your turn
> Flint attacks with his Battle Axe.
*** Roll by Flint: 1D20 -> 7
<DM> miss
<Flint> and misses.
> Jozan attacks with his war hammer
*** Roll by Jozan: 1d20 -> 1
<Mialee> Ow.
<DM> and almost drops his hammer again
> Flint attemps to dodge.
> Quenda #3
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d20 -> 12
<DM> hits
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d8 -> 1
<DM> a nick
<DM> mialee?
<Mialee> Shooting at #3
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d20 -> 9
<DM> miss
<DM> 1 more
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d20 -> 7
<Mialee> Bah.
<DM> miss
<DM> next round
<DM> Quenda roll initiative
<DM>
*** Roll by DM: 1d6 -> 6
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d6 -> 1
<DM> the orcs go at you again
<DM> 1 at flint
*** Roll by DM: 1d20 -> 20
<DM> hit
*** Roll by DM: 1d6 -> 3
<Mialee> Ow.
<Jozan> uhoh
<DM> Flint staggers back...
<Jozan> how many hp do you have left Flint?
> Mialee wonders what an aitchpee is.
<DM> #2 at Jozan
*** Roll by DM: 1d20 -> 18
<Flint> I'm about ready to drop.
<DM> geez, another hit!
*** Roll by DM: 1d6 -> 2
<DM> Jozan takes 2 damage
<DM> 3 at quenda
*** Roll by DM: 1d20 -> 5
<DM> miss
<Quenda> lol
<DM> FLint, are you falling back, or attacking?
> Flint attacks with his Battle Axe.
*** Roll by Flint: 1D20 -> 9
<DM> in his injured state, Flint misses
<DM> Jozan
> Jozan casts cure light on Flint
*** Roll by Jozan: 1d4 -> 4
<Jozan> hope you feel better :)
<Flint> Yes, thanks.
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d20 -> 3
<DM> mialee?
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d20 -> 1
<Mialee> Oof.
<Flint> owww
<DM> maybe you should take up another weapon  :)
<Jozan> we all should :)
<Mialee> I dunno, I'm not exactly a physical powerhouse. :)
<DM> but meanwhile, roll another arrow
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d20 -> 1
<Mialee> Argh
<Flint> The only good bow is a crossbow.
<DM> and your bowstring snaps!
> Mialee curses elvishly.
<Jozan> better run upstairs and grab another
<DM> next round
> Mialee turns and runs upstairs to get another bow from the tower.
<DM> Flint roll initiative
<DM> you just need to restring your own, really
*** Roll by Flint: 1D6 -> 4
<DM> surely you brought extra strings
<Mialee> OK, I could do that. :)
<Mialee> OK. :)
<DM> it will take two rounds, though
*** Roll by DM: 1d6 -> 4
> Mialee starts restringing her bow.
*** Roll by Flint: 1D6 -> 4
*** Roll by DM: 1d6 -> 1
<DM> ahh, you go first
> Flint attacks with his Battle Axe.
*** Roll by Flint: 1D20 -> 20
<DM> hooahh
<Quenda> yessss
<Flint> Y E S
<Mialee> Woohoo!
*** Roll by Flint: 1D8 -> 5
<DM> and you cut the orc in two!
<Jozan> you were hitting all 4 at once, right> :)
<Quenda> lol
> Jozan attacks
<Flint> I don't have the arm span to do that.
*** Roll by Jozan: 1d20 -> 5
<Jozan> bleh
<DM> miss
<Quenda> ,2
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d20 -> 15
<DM> hit
<Quenda> yesss
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d8 -> 4
<DM> and the orc's head is crushed like a ripe pumpkin
<DM> #2 at Jozan
*** Roll by DM: 1d20 -> 19
*** Roll by DM: 1d6 -> 2
<Flint> ouch.
<DM> Jozan takes another 2 hp
<DM> 1 orc left
<DM> roll, Flint
<Flint> How are you feeling, Jozan?
*** Roll by Flint: 1D6 -> 5
<DM> for initiative
*** Roll by DM: 1d6 -> 3
<DM> you got it
> Flint attacks with his Battle Axe.
*** Roll by Flint: 1D20 -> 3
<DM> swish!
> Jozan attacks with war hammer
*** Roll by Jozan: 1d20 -> 9
<DM> miss
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d20 -> 14
<DM> hit
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d8 -> 1
<DM> and the orc is split in twain
<Mialee> Excellent.
<DM> whew!
<Quenda> :-)
> Mialee finishes restringing her bow.
> Mialee then starts searching bodies.
> Jozan searches the orcs
<Quenda> me too
<DM> What is everyone else doing?
<DM> The orcs were wearing banded armor, and between the four of them, you
    scrounge 125 copper pieces, 75 silver pieces and 15 gold pieces.
<Mialee> OK, what else is in this room?
<DM> This room contains a few stools and benches, and is littered with moldy
    food and other junk.
<DM> Searching through the junk reveals a canvas bag with a bottle of liquid in
    it.  On the label is a black circle with a diagonal line bisecting it,
    covering what looks like a face full of pock-marks
<DM> That's all you see of interest
<Mialee> I'll take the potion.
<Quenda> moving on
<Mialee> Identify it at some other time.
<Flint> Who needs healing?
<Jozan> i do :)
> Flint casts Cure Light Wounds on Jozan
*** Roll by Flint: 1D4 -> 3
<Quenda> good job
<Jozan> so much better :)
<Flint> Any body else?
<Quenda> I'm good
<Mialee> I'm fine, thanks.
<DM> Flint you're at 9, right?
<Flint> Yes
<Flint> I think I'll give myself one and save one for later.
> Flint casts Cure Light Wounds on Flint.
*** Roll by Flint: 1D4 -> 3
<Flint> I Feel Good....
<DM> So you're back to max?  (15)
<Flint> Yes, as the big happy grin on my face says... :-)
*** >> <Flint> >>   what spells do you have left?
<Mialee> I think we're ready to move on. :)
*** << <Flint> << One Cure light and One Bless.
<DM> hang on
*** >> <Flint> >>   but you're only a 2d level cleric!
<Flint> Wisdom Bonus.
*** << <Flint> << Wisdom Bonus.
<DM> oh, right!
<DM> I was cheating Jozan, hang on
<DM> thanks for reminding me Flint
<DM> It's been too long  :)\
<DM> Jozan, you shold actually start with 4 1st level and 3 2d level spells
<Mialee> I'd like to go back up the tower and get some more arrows; I've used
    almost half of mine already.
<DM> go ahead, we'll wait  :)
> Mialee quietly climbs the stairs, refills her quiver, and returns to the
    party.
<Jozan> cure light is 1st level?
<DM> so let's add 2 more cure lt, a silence 15' radius, and a slow poison
<DM> yes, cure lt is 1st
<Jozan> ok
<DM> so you should have left  3 cure lt, silence, slow poison and hold person
<Jozan> I've used 2 cure lights, should be 2 left
<DM> ok
<DM> ok, ready?
<Mialee> Yes
<DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
<DM> LL        LLLLLLLLLL
<DM> LL    2   LLLLLLLLLL
<DM> LL        LLLLLLLLLL
<DM> LLLLLLLL  LLLLLLLL
<DM> LLLLLLLL  LLLLLLLL
<DM> LLLLLLLL  LLLLLLL  L
<DM>                    L
<DM> LLLLLLLL  LLLLLLL
<DM> LLLLLLLL  LLLLLLLLL
<DM>
<Flint> Ready.
<Jozan> straight ahead?
> Quenda moving out with the bow
<Mialee> Yes.  My bow is ready, just in case.
<DM> you're going south, back to that intersection?
<Mialee> Yes.
<Quenda> ok
> Flint follows Quenda.
> Quenda going south
<DM> map:
<DM> L  L
<DM> L  L
<DM>
<DM> L  L
<DM> L  L
<DM> L  L
<DM> L  L
<DM> L  L
<DM> L  L
<DM>    L
<DM> L  L
<DM> L  L
<DM> L  L
<DM> L
<DM>    L
<DM> L  L
<DM> L  L
<DM> L  L
<DM> L  L
<DM>
<DM>
<DM>
<DM> so there is an opening 70 feet south to the east
<DM> err. west
<DM> and 100 ft down to the east
<DM> and at 110 feet to the west
<DM> that's all from the intersection
<Mialee> Well, let's go to the first intersection and take a look.
<Jozan> fair enough
> Quenda go down to the west
<DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  L
<DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  L
<DM> LL               L
<DM> LL_ _ _ _ _ _LL  L
<DM> LLf|e|d|c|b|a L  L
<DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  L
<DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
<DM>
<DM>
<DM>
<DM> you see that the opening to the west opens into a cell block
<DM> letters a-f indicates cells
<Mialee> Interesting.  Can we tell if anyone is in them?
<Mialee> Are there guards?
<DM> no guards
<DM> the doors are wood, with barred peepholes
<Mialee> Well, let's go have a look and see who or what is in the cells.  Who
    wants to do the honors?
<Quenda> looking at cell a
<DM> This cell is empty
> Flint looks at cell b.
> Jozan looks at cell c
<DM> This cell has a skeleton chained to the opposite wall.
> Mialee looks in cell d.
<DM> C) In this cell you find 2 dwarves, badly beaten and malnourished.
<Flint> What size skeleton?
<DM> Flint-- humans
<DM> D) This cell contains a goblin,
> Flint looks for keys
<Quenda> cell e
<DM> There are no keys, the doors are simply barred from your side
<DM> There is a halfling in this cell.
> Flint opens cell C.
<Mialee> Before we open those cells...
<Quenda> are they alive
<DM> The dwarves, halfling and goblin are alive
<Mialee> We should probably look for guards in the other rooms. :)
<Jozan> I bet the skeleton isn't
<Quenda> lol
*** >> <Flint> >> You recognize these as your kinsmen, Dalwin and Thror! (The
    ones your were down in this area looking for)
> Jozan searches the skeleton
<DM> Jozan, you find nothing of interest
*** << <Flint> << I thought as much!
<DM> on the skeleton
*** >> <Flint> >> They tell you (in the dwarven tongue) they were captured 2
    weeks ago in a raid on a village about 15 miles from here.
<Mialee> Well, in for a penny, in for a kilo.
<DM> The dwarves are talking with Flint in the dwarven tongue.
> Flint greets his missing kinsmen, Dalwin and Thror!!!!
<Mialee> That's wonderful news!
<Mialee> Do they know anything about the halfling and the goblin?
<DM> The halfling in Cell E grabs the bars and cries with relief:  "I'm saved!"
<DM> "Please. let me out!"
> Jozan tells the halfling to be quiet
<Flint> Some body better let the halfling out.
<Quenda> lets let him out
> Mialee lets the halfling out.
<DM> Oh, thank you kind lady
<DM> My name is Rollo
<Mialee> However did you come to be in this cell?
<Quenda> tell us all you know
*** <DM> is now known as <Rollo>
<Rollo> I'm a merchant.  I buy things and sell things.
<Rollo> I was travelingfromtown to town when I was beset with a horde of
    goblins, and dragged up here
<Rollo> I used to be in the home guard, though, so I'm handy enough with a
    short blade if you have one to spare.
<Quenda> what things do you buy and sell/
<Jozan> Rollo, do you know the layout of this tower?
<Rollo> Anything that people are willing to sell and buy  :)
<Rollo> no i was blindfolded when I was brought in
<Quenda> hmmmmm
<Jozan> Would you like to avenge your capture?
<Flint> How long have you been here?
<Rollo> I'd just like to get home!
<Rollo> I've been here about 2 weeks I think
<Rollo> but it's hard to tell underground like this
> Mialee has an epiphany.
<Quenda> \what about the dwarves?
<Mialee> Did anyone see the inside of the drawbridge as we came down through
    the tower?
<Quenda> not me
<Mialee> I didn't.
<Mialee> So where is it?
<Rollo> it was there.
<Mialee> We're underground now, so we must have gone right past it.
*** <Rollo> is now known as <DM>
<DM> rather it was there
<Jozan> maybe further on we go back up
<DM> the tower was 3 levels high:
<Mialee> OK
<DM> the roof, guard level, and floor level, with drawbridge
*** << <Flint> << (In Dwarvish),Dalwin, Thror; Do you know anything about these
    other prisioners.
*** >> <Flint> >>   not a thing
<DM> the stairs went about 30 ft underground from there
<Mialee> I rather suspect, Rollo, that you might be best off staying with us
    until we find a safe route outside.
<Mialee> I'm not sure opening the drawbridge is wise.
*** <DM> is now known as <Rollo>
<Rollo> I agree.  I'm just a simple merchant, and I don't want to roam around
    by myself!
> Mialee nods.
*** <Rollo> is now known as <DM>
*** << <Flint> << The halfling says he has been here two weeks.
<Mialee> Flint, how are your brethren?
<Jozan> q, do you want to give Rollo your short sword?
<DM> all 3 prisoners are wounded to varying degrees
<Flint> They were captured about 15 miles from here two weeks ago.
<DM> Rollo the least, Dalwin not so bad, and Thror pretty badly
<Jozan> could they shoot arrows?
<DM> crossbows, yes.
> Mialee peers into the cell containing the goblin.
<Quenda> we might want to give them some healing
<Mialee> Perhaps we should go up into the tower and get them crossbows and
    bolts.
<DM> the goblin glares out at you suspiciously
<Jozan> yes.
> Mialee asks the goblin, "Why are you in that cell?"
*** << <Flint> << Dalwin / Thror: How often do the guards check on you?
<Jozan> i have 2 cure lights left, but I'd arther wait to use them
<Quenda> good idea
*** >> <Flint> >>   once / day to feed us gruel
<Mialee> I have a cure light potion that I'm saving for a rainy day.
*** << <Flint> << Have they been here yet, today?
<Quenda> go for it Mialee
*** >> <Flint> >>   yes
<Mialee> Go for what?
<Flint> How long ago?
> Jozan runs upstairs and grabs bows, arraows, and spears
<DM> the dwarves continue their dwarven conversation
> Mialee asks the goblin, "Do you understand me?"
*** Roll by DM: 1d20 -> 1
<DM> the goblin looks bewildered
<DM> I'm assunming you were speaking in the common tongue
<Mialee> Flint, you speak orc, don't you?  See if the goblin understands that
    tongue.
<Mialee> Yes, I was.  What other languages do I know?  Just elfish?
<Jozan> human, Isuppose
<DM> I'm looking
*** << <Flint> << How long since the guard was here, Dalwin / Thror?
<Mialee>
<Mialee> Jozan, they need crossbows and bolts, not bows and arrows. :)
<DM> a bunch, including goblin and orcish
> Mialee asks the goblin, in goblin, why it's in the cell.
> Jozan gets crossbows and bolts and spears and returns
<DM> the goblin says "I don't know, Karak hates me I guess"
<Mialee> What can you tell me about Karak?
*** <DM> is now known as <Goblin>
<Flint> Mialee, stop talking to that vermin and kill it.
<Goblin> he is the master, and the master punishes those who displease him
> Mialee gestures at Flint to stay quiet for a moment.
<Mialee> How did you displease him?
<Goblin> I don't know. that's the thing
<Goblin> I try to be good
<Goblin> but poor guys like me just can't get a break
<Quenda> we need to move on
<Mialee> How long have you been in this cell?
<Jozan> act gives crossbows, bolts, and spears to the dwarves
<Mialee> (in Common) I'm hoping he knows something of Karak's plans, let me ask
    him questions.
<Goblin> dunno, seems like months
<Flint> The guards only check here once a day and they have been here today.
<Mialee> (in Goblin) That's dreadful.  Do you know what Karak is up to?  He has
    a large army...
<Jozan> find out how many guards there are
<Flint> Maybe we should rest up and get more spells before moving on?
<Goblin> yes, and it grows larger every day!
<Jozan> what time is it?
<Mialee> Do you know why he's building an army?
<Quenda> after 1pm
<Quenda> am sorry
<Goblin> to make us all rich and powerful!
<Mialee> How?
<Quenda> he said us all?
<Goblin> by taking waht is rightfully ours
<Mialee> What's rightfully yours?
<Goblin> anything we can take!
> Mialee smiles.
> Flint chuckles
<Mialee> The army left here tonight.  Have you heard anything about where it
    might be going?
<Flint> That's goblins for you.
> Quenda looks in cell f
<Mialee> (in Common) Indeed.  But we're still getting some information from
    him.
<Goblin> no, I've been in here too long to know what the current plans are.
> Mialee nods.
<Goblin> are you gonna let me out?
<Mialee> (in Goblin) Should we?
<Goblin> yeah!
> Quenda opening the cell f
<Mialee> (in Goblin) I don't think we can trust you.  You work for Karak.
*** <Goblin> is now known as <DM>
<DM> F) This cell is empty except for a straw mat in one corner.
*** <DM> is now known as <Goblin>
<Quenda> no we should not trust him
<Goblin> then why am I even taliking to you?
*** <Goblin> is now known as <DM>
<Mialee> (in Common) I'm curious to see if he'll give anything up in exchange
    for release.
<DM>  the goblin goes and sits in the corner of his cell, with a hurt look on
    his face
> Quenda looking under straw mat
> Mialee shrugs.
*** >> <Quenda> >>  you find a trap door
<Mialee> Not much of a conversationalist, but we did get some information.
<Quenda> a trap door y'll come look
> Mialee enters cell F.
> Flint bandages up Dalwin and Thror.
<DM> Quenda's a suthern elf
<Mialee> :)
> Mialee remembers back in the olden days, sipping moonshine and listening to
    Quenda play the banjo.
<Quenda> that's me
<DM> There is indeed a trap door in the floor of this cell.
<Mialee> Shall we open it?
<Jozan> yes
> Quenda opening the trap door
> Mialee readies an arrow, aims at the door.
<DM> you see a ladder, disappearing into the darkness below
<Quenda> shell we go in?
<Mialee> After you..
<Flint> Mialee, Did you give Thror that potion?
<Mialee> No... I mentioned I had it... does he need it?
<Quenda> Flint you go first
*** >> <Flint> >>   chickenshit elves, eh, Flint
<Flint> He is hurt real bad.
> Mialee gives his cure light potion to Thror.
*** << <Flint> << Pansey Elves!
<Mialee> his->her
<Quenda> ok I'll go down
> Quenda going down
<Quenda> do we have torch?
<DM> it's dark
<Mialee> She's not going to be eaten by a grue, is she?
> Flint follows Quenda down.
<DM> You see a passage leading SW
<DM> map:
<DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
<DM> LLLLLLLLL
<DM> LLLLLLLLL_ _ _
<DM> LLLLL    f|e|d|
<DM> LLL    LLLLLLLL
<DM> LL  LLLLLLLLLLL
<DM>
<DM>
> Mialee follows Flint down.
<Mialee> Shall we head southwest?
> Quenda bow is read for what ever comes
> Mialee readies her bow again.
> Jozan follows
<DM> So the whole crew is descending
<DM> map:
<DM> LLL    LL
<DM> LL  LLLLL
<DM> LL  LLLLL
<DM> LL  LLLLL
<DM> LL  LLLLL
<DM> LL  LLLLL
<DM> LL  LLLLL
<DM> LL    LLL
<DM> LLLLLL  L
<DM> LLLLLL
<DM>
<DM> at eh end of this rough hewn passage, it opens up into a room
<DM> at the end
<Quenda> does it have light?
<DM> what's the march order of your enlarged party btw?
<DM> no there is no light here
<Quenda> do hear anything?
<Mialee> Did anyone give Rollo a blade?
<Jozan> I think Quenda did
<Quenda> not me
> Mialee gives Rollo his dagger.
<DM> You're still in the NS hallway
<Mialee> I expect that back before you leave, my halfling friend.
<DM> the walls are rough cut
<Mialee> OK, march order?
<Flint> Quenda, Flint, Jozan, Rollo, Dalwin, Thror, Mialee.  Sound good to
    everybody?
<Mialee> That sounds good to me.
<Jozan> ok
<Quenda> ok with me
<Mialee> Let's go into the room then.
> Mialee waits in line.
<DM> what are you using for light?
<Mialee> Doesn't someone have a torch?
<Quenda> me infravision
<Quenda> my
<DM> that's ok for you, but Jozan is totally in the dark
<DM> as the only human in the group
> Mialee sighs.
<Mialee> There were torches in the hallway upstairs, right?
> Jozan gropes back to the ladder and climbs up
<DM> yes, and in the cell block
<Jozan> go on without me
<Mialee> Jozan, grab a torch.
<Flint> I have a lantern we could use.
<Mialee> Light that puppy up :)
> Jozan goes back down
<DM> ok, Quenda enters the room...
*** Room 1: Get Help with Our Games
    DM, Dave, Flint, Jozan, Mialee, Quenda
*** (6 users)
<DM> map:
> Quenda arrow ready
> Flint lights his hooded lantern and gives it to rollo to carry.
<DM> L    LLLLLLLL
<DM> LLLLL  LLLLLL
<DM> LLLLL      LL
<DM>        17  LL
<DM> LLLLL      LL
<DM> LLLLLLL  LLLL
<DM> LLLLLLL  LLLL
<DM>
<DM> This square room has walls that glitter like gold in your lanternlight.
    In the center of the room, there is a waist-high pedestal which holds a
    golden crown, surrounded by a Circle on the floor, carved with runes and
    other pictograms.
> Mialee examines the runes and pictograms.
*** >> <Mialee> >>  when you step on the circle, you sense a tingling feeling
    of power.
<DM> so everyone is in the room now??
<DM>
<DM> Around the crown, the air shimmers in multi-colored hues.  There is a ring
    around the crown, and in the ring is set 6 rose shaped ivory knobs.
> Flint examines the runes.
<DM> Flint, you don't see anything unusual
<DM> and you can't read the runes
> Mialee tries to read the runes.
*** << <Flint> << What classes are Dalwin and Thror?
> Jozan tries to read the runes
<DM> She can't read them, but she recognises the runes as magical script
*** >> <Flint> >>   fighters
> Mialee examines the crown.
*** << <Flint> << Better than me?
*** >> <Flint> >>   nope
*** << <Mialee> << Can I quantify or identify the feeling of power?
> Quenda checks out the knobs
<DM> Mialee, you can't touch the crown, because the shimmering air-globe around
    it prevents your touching it
*** << <Flint> << Well, they can't be as bad as the pansey elves. <EG>
> Mialee steps off the Circle.
*** >> <Mialee> >>   not without a detect magic
*** << <Mialee> << Which I don't have memorized.  Grr. :)
*** >> <Mialee> >>   right
<DM> Quenda, the kobs are made of ivory,
<DM> knobs rather
<DM> and are prettily carved
> Quenda touching a knob
<DM> It feels like smooth ivory
<DM> Jozan, you can't read the runes either
> Quenda pulling on a knob
*** << <Mialee> << How much sleep is required before I can memorize a different
    spell?
<DM> right now, Quenda, Jozan and Mialee are close to the pedestal
*** >> <Mialee> >>   4 hours
*** >> <Mialee> >>   for a 1st level spell
<DM> quenda, it doesn't pull out
<Mialee> I guess it would be unreasonable to get a few hours of sleep right
    now. :)
<Mialee> I wouldn't play with those knobs until we know what they do. :)
<DM> I don't know, you have been hiking and fighting for the past 18 hours
<Flint> We should rest and recover spells.
<Mialee> OK
<DM> The only question is if you would be safe in a room with 3 entrances
<Quenda> good night!
<Jozan> that might be prudent
<Mialee> We do need to find somewhere else to go. :)
<DM> There is a passage to the west and one to the south
<Jozan> lets explore them quickly then
<Mialee> OK.
<Quenda> ok lets go
<Mialee> Lead on, Quenda.
<Quenda> south
<Flint> We could go back up to the room with the cells.
> Flint follows Quenda.
<DM> map:
> Quenda moving on southwards
<DM> L    LLLLLLLL
<DM> LLLLL  LLLLLL
<DM> LLLLL      LL
<DM>        17  LL
<DM> LLLLL      LL
<DM> LLLLLLL  LLLL
<DM> LLLLLLL  LLLL
<DM> LLLLLLL  LLLL
<DM> LLLLLLL  LLLL
<DM> LLLLLLL  LLLL
<DM> LLLLLLL  LLLL
<DM> LLLLLLL  LLLL
<DM> LLLLLLL  LLLL
<DM> LLLLLLL  LLLL
<DM> LLLLLLL  LLLL
<DM> LLLLLLL  LLLL
<DM>            [[
<DM> LL  LLLLLLLLL
<DM> LL  LLLLLLLLL
<DM> LL  LLLLLLLLL
<DM>
<DM> You get to the intersection without incident.
<DM> to the east, you see some stairs going up
<Mialee> Oof.  So much for a quick explore. :)
<DM> to the west, you see passageway for as long as your lantern illuminates
<Flint> We could go back and check the passage to the west.
<Mialee> Yeah, let's do that.
<Jozan> yeah
<Flint> From the room with the crown.
<Quenda> you lead Flint.
> Flint heads back to Room #17 and then to the west.
<Quenda> are all our prisoner still with us
<DM> map:
<DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLL  LLLLLL
<DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLL      LL
<DM>                                       17  LL
<DM> LLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL      LL
<DM> LLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LLLL
<DM>
<Mialee> Room 17 changed shape! :)
<DM> did not!  :)
> Flint heads north at the first right.
<DM> anyway, you get to the passage to the north
<Quenda> you must be seeing thing mialee
<Mialee> Oh... you know what... there are some tabs in that.
<Jozan> should we head nirth?
<Mialee> The "17" is showing up in the middle of the first junction.
<Mialee> And there's a wall just to the right of it, in the middle of the
    passageway.
<DM> LLLLLL_L
<DM> |      L
<DM> L  19  L
<DM> L      L
<DM> L  LLLLL
<DM> L  LLLLL
<DM>
<DM> LLLLLLLL
<DM> This room is littered with junk; a broken jar, battered bench, busted
    chair, pile of rags in the corner.
> Mialee searches the pile of rags.
> Jozan searches the junk
<DM> notice the doors in the NE and NW corners
<DM> You find a scrap of burnt parchment which says:  "Be wary chi.........who
    for 2........ is death to forsak...........ing the quest which none
    have.............not even the e............."
<DM> Nothing else of interest
<Mialee> Flint, pick a door. :)
> Jozan stores the parchment
<Mialee> Door number 1 or door number 2? :)
*** >> <Mialee> >>   we've had this problem before, Shep, with your client
    adding tabs  :)
<Flint> Anybody good at listening at doors?
<Jozan> to Doors, yes, at doors, no
*** <DM> is now known as <Rollo>
> Mialee listens at the northeastern door.
<Rollo> Let me try
<Mialee> Go for it, Rollo.
> Rollo listens to the NW door
<Rollo> can't hear a thing
<Mialee> Try the other one.
> Rollo listens to the NE door
*** Roll by Rollo: 1d20 -> 2
<Rollo> can't hear anything here, either
<Mialee> Flint, your choice then.
> Flint listens at the NE door.
*** >> <Flint> >>   and doesn't hear anything
<Flint> I don't here anything.
<Mialee> What the heck...
> Mialee listens at the NE door.
*** Roll by Rollo: 1d20 -> 13
*** <Rollo> is now known as <DM>
<DM> oops
<Mialee> :)
*** >> <Mialee> >>   you don't hear anything
<Mialee> Nothing.  Let's just pick a door. :)
> Quenda trys to open the NW door
> Flint checks NE door to see if it is locked.
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d6 -> 6
> Mialee shakes her head.  "Not both at once." :)
<DM> Flint can't find a lock
<DM> not on your first try Quenda
<Mialee> Let's do the NW door first then.
> Mialee opens the NW door.
<DM> roll d6 Mialee
> Flint observes Quenda's attempts to open the door.
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d6 -> 3
<DM> sorry, that door won't budge for you
> Jozan tries
<Mialee> OK, bring on one of the big strong men.
*** Roll by Jozan: 1d6 -> 4
<DM> no good,
> Flint attempts to open the door.
*** Roll by Flint: 1D6 -> 1
<DM> (psst, you're trying to roll Low!)
<Jozan> woohoo
<Mialee> Like that?
<DM> Flint gets the door open!
> Mialee readies an arrow.
<Jozan> can't get much lower
<Flint> You can't get much lower, even for a dwarf.
<Mialee> Lead on, Flint.
<DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL_LL
<DM>                        |      LL
<DM>   LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  19  LL
<DM>   LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL      LL
<DM>   LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LLLLLL
<DM>
<DM> At the end of this passageway, you come to a large (40' Wide ) passage to
    the south
> Flint checks around the corner using his mirror.
<DM> This wide hallway has a rotted rug on the floor and a mural painted on the
    west wall of a great battle.
<DM> LLLLLLLL
<DM> L
<DM> L      L
<DM> L  35  L
<DM> L      L
<DM> L      L
<DM> L____
<DM> L    LLL
<Quenda> ,a looks behind painting
> Jozan looks under the rug
<DM> There are huge doors on the south end of this hallway, and a passage to
    the east
> Mialee looks at the mural.
<DM> The rug falls apart as you touch it.
<DM> The mural depicts a huge battle between orcs and men and elves and dwarves
<DM> In the mural, it looks like the orcs are winning
<Flint> Maybe we want to check the NE door, this is not a good place to rest.
<Jozan> good idea
> Mialee tries to determine how old the mural is.
<Mialee> I agree.
<DM> can't tell, M
<Mialee> OK, let's go back and try the NE door in room 19.
<DM> Who's going to try?
<Mialee> Flint. :)
<Mialee> Let's just skip the middleman.
<DM> roll d6
> Mialee has an arrow at the ready.
*** << <Flint> << Is the stonework here the same quality as in the tower above?
*** Roll by Flint: 1D6 -> 4
*** >> <Flint> >>   yes, but in poorer repair
<DM> Flint can't get this open
*** Roll by Jozan: 1d6 -> 1
<Mialee> Nice.
<DM> Jozan opens the door, with a resounding crash!
<Flint> Very nice
<Mialee> Not very stealthy though.
<Mialee> What do we see now?
> Flint chuckles.
<DM> A short hall to the north, which then turns west
<DM> map:
<DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
<DM> LL    LLLLLLLLLLL
<DM> L  20          LL
<DM> LL    LLLLLLL  LL
<DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLL_LL
<DM>         |      LL
<DM> LLLLLLLLL  19  LL
<DM> LLLLLLLLL      LL
<DM> LLLLLLLLL  LLLLLL
<DM> LLLLLLLLL  LLLLLL
<DM> Are you proceeding?
<Jozan> yes
<Mialee> Yes.
<Flint> Yes.
<DM> When you walk into this room, you notice the air is warmer, and dry.
<DM> The walls are slightly warm to the touch, and seem to glow from some inner
    light of their own.
<DM> In the center of the floor is a circle carved with runes and other
    pictograms.
> Jozan tries to read the runes
<Mialee> Are they the same as the ones in room 17?
<DM> Yes
*** >> <Jozan> >>  when you step on the circle, you sense a tingling feeling of
    power.
> Mialee steps into the circle.
*** >> <Jozan> >>   you felt it in rm 17, too
*** >> <Mialee> >>  when you step on the circle, you sense a tingling feeling
    of power.
<Mialee> Hm.
*** >> <Jozan> >>   it just didn't register then
> Jozan examines the pictograms
<Mialee> What say we close that door back there and sleep in this hallway?
> Quenda look around
<Mialee> But not actually in this room.
<DM> The room is round, and the walls are VERY smooth
<Mialee> Is the room spherical, or just cylindrical?
<DM> Jozan, you can't make anything out of the pictograms
<DM> semispherical
<DM> it's got a flat floor
<Mialee> Interesting...
<Mialee> How many pictograms are there, and can I make any sense of them?
<DM> not without a read magic  :)
<Mialee> How big is the circle?
<DM> 3 feet across
<Mialee> Same size as the one in room 17?
<DM> Yes, actually it is
*** << <Mialee> << I need Read Magic then?
<Mialee> I strongly suggest we make camp in the hall outside this room, and get
    some sleep.
*** >> <Mialee> >>   if you want to read the runes, yes
<Quenda> yessss please
<DM> I think Quenda is dead on her feet
<Jozan> a prudent thought
<DM> It's been a long road from Hillsview  :)
> Mialee goes back and closes the door.
<Mialee> OK, I need some shuteye.
<DM> Admin Note:  This would be as good a place as any to take a break in the
    real world too.
<Mialee> So I can memorize a read magic spell. :)
<Mialee> I'd kill to read those runes before we call it a night. :)
<DM> ok
*** Roll by DM: 1d20 -> 20
<DM> So you all settle in for a few hours of shuteye.
> Mialee sleeps.
<DM> 4 hours pass, and most of you get some good rest
<Mialee> Most?
> Quenda ZZZZZzzzzzZZZZZzzzzz
<DM> although none of you has a seiko handy, you estimate that it might be 6AM
    or so, the morning after you entered the complex
*** <Roger> has entered the room.
*** Room 1: Get Help with Our Games
    DM, Dave, Flint, Jozan, Mialee, Quenda, Roger
*** (7 users)
<Roger> Sorry, My ISP has a four hour time limit, I had to log back in.
<Mialee> :)
<Jozan> you missed the nap :)
<DM> Clerics and M-Us can re-learn spells
*** <Flint> has left the room.
*** <Roger> is now known as <Flint>
<DM> It will take another hour to do that
<Mialee> Can I memorize one spell now, then another once I know if I'm going to
    have to take another crack at the runes? :)
<Flint> I cast my last Curelight before I rested.
<DM> you mean, memorize only one spell, and then if it doesn't work, memorize
    the same spell again, but if it does then memorize a different one?
<Mialee> Yes.
<DM> good point flint, on who?
<DM> yeah, lets back up to last night
<DM> who else is casting cures before beddybye?
<Jozan> does resting cure hp?
<DM> 1 hp, yes
<Flint> Who is the worst for wear?  Thror?
<DM> yes
<Mialee> Thror, yeah.
<Jozan> he drank a cure light potion, I believe
<Mialee> Yes.
<DM> he did?
<Mialee> Well, I gave him mine ages ago.
<DM> yours, Mialee?
<Mialee> I assumed he drank it. :)
<DM> did anyone roll for it?
<Mialee> I dunno.
<Flint> No.
<DM> well, roll now
<DM> d4+4
<DM> M, that would be you, since it was your potion
<Mialee> Sorry
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d4 -> 2
<Mialee> 6 then
<DM> ok, he's good to go
<Mialee> Is it morning yet? :)
<DM> I currently have as hp, in the morning:
<Flint> So who is worse off, Rollo?
<DM> Q 22, M 11, F, 15 and J 17.  Is that right?
<Mialee> Looks right to me.
<Jozan> i'm right
<Flint> Yes
<DM> Rollo is ok, Dalwin could use help
> Flint casts Cure Light Wounds on Dalwin.
<DM> jozan, I think you still had a cure last night.
*** Roll by Flint: 1D4 -> 1
<DM> ok he's good
<Flint> Dalwin gets 5 points back.
<DM> Ok, then it's morning.
<Jozan> are any of the 3 npcs still damaged?
<Mialee> So, can I memorize just one spell, then another once I know what I
    need?
<Jozan> dalwin?
<DM> Jozan, I'll get you a list of spells before we meet again
<DM> M yes
<DM> no the npcs are ok
<Mialee> OK, I'm memorizing Read Magic then.
<DM> ok
<Mialee> Let me know when I have it done. :)
<DM> you got it
> Mialee goes back into the rune room and casts Read Magic.
<DM> just a sec
<Mialee> OK.
<Flint> If I cast a spell in the morning, Can I fill the slot or do I need to
    rest first?
<DM> The runes identify this circle as a Transfer Portal, a device which allows
<DM> clerical and magical spell casters to move from portal to portal
    instantly,
<DM> without using too much energy.
<Mialee> An information as to how?
<DM> Flint, you would need to rest first
<DM> not enough, no.  You would suppose there is a spell you must cast, but you
    don't know the spell
<Mialee> OK.
> Mialee memorizes Magic Missile
<Flint> OK, I blow off the Bless the night before and pick up four Cure Light
    Wounds spells.
<DM> So, M, you've only got the one spell for today.
<Mialee> Yeah.
<DM> ok, Flint
<Mialee> So, we done for tonight then?
<DM> Like I said, Jozan, I'll get you some spell descriptions before we meet
    again, so you can make some good choices
<DM> I think so
<DM> Quenda is still sleepy  :)
<Mialee> :)
<Mialee> This is fun stuff.  Let me know when we'll meet again. :)
<DM> I'll post a map in the BB of the area you've covered so far
<Mialee> Spiffy.
<DM> do you want to decide now, or wait?
<Jozan> cool
<Quenda> it was great good night y'll
<Flint> Now.
<Mialee> OK.
<DM> I'm sure it would be after Thanksgiving
<Mialee> Yeah, it'd have to be.
<DM> 7 December?
<Mialee> How about the 30th?
<DM> oh, ok
<DM> I thought that was the day after thanksgiving
<DM> that would work for me
<Jozan> 24th= tday
<Mialee> Thanksgiving is this coming week.
<Jozan> thursday
<Flint> That's the 23rd.
<DM> yeah, I'm a little out
<Mialee> :)
<Mialee> OK, the 30th then.
<Flint> Thanksgiving is the 22nd.
<DM> the 30th of November is a friday
<Flint> Yes.
<Mialee> Yes.  I have an appointment that afternoon :)
<Mialee> OK, great. :)
<Mialee> I need to take the dog out.  I'll be in A2 in a few. :)
<DM> so is the 30th ok?
<Mialee> For me, yeah.
<Flint> Yes, What time?
<DM> same time:  10PM
<Mialee> Excellent.  Later! :)
*** <Mialee> has left the room.
<DM> Bye!
<Flint> Great.
<DM> we need to get some people to play the dwarves and hobbit
<DM> :)
<Jozan> make sure you remind me sometime
<Jozan> :)
<DM> I will
<DM> do you normally check the livegames BB, Kelvin?
<Flint> How do you work character advancement?
<DM> how do you mean?  oh...
<Jozan> I'll try to
<DM> you would have to at least go back to town
<Flint> Do we have to find a Mentor/Trainer?
<DM> in my old campaigns, I enforced the training rules to a certain extent,
    but I'm not sure I'm going to do that here.
<DM> maybe for special cases, or for certain levels
<DM> or I may just abstract it somehow
<Flint> Something to think about for next time?
<DM> that's the sort of thing my players and I would play BETWEEN sessions,
<DM> which I guess we could do here, too.
<DM> in the BB
<Flint> That's a good idea, It might generate more interest.
<DM> I would just caution you guys not to rest too often, or too long.  Karak
    and his army won't be away forever... :)



========================
November 30, 2001
========================

< Some portions missing >

<Mialee> Careful...
<Flint> in or out side the circle?
<DM> It looks like Rollo is JUST barely hanging on by a thread
<DM> there are burn marks on his hands
> Quenda look at the wall
> Mialee looks at the burn marks.
<Jozlan> did you want to finish him, Mialee? :)
<DM> Rollo groans  "p-please, help me"
<Mialee> I want to find out what's going on.
<Mialee> Someone give him just a tiny bit of healing.
<Mialee> Enough to keep him alive.
> Flint looks to see if Rollo is lying inside or outside the circle.
<DM> Outside the circle
> Flint casts Cure Light Wounds on Rollo.
<Mialee> (so we can then question him)
<DM> ok, roll d4
*** Roll by Flint: 1D4 -> 2
<DM> Rollo looks much better, and says thank-you profusely
<Flint> What were you doing Rollo?
> Jozlan interrogates him
<Quenda> Mialee you can take your dagger
<DM> "I was just looking around.   I don't need much sleep
> Mialee takes his dagger from Rollo.
<Mialee> How did you burn your hands?
<Quenda> good job Mialee
<DM> I just barely turned one of those knobs, and it gave me a shock like I've
    never known
<DM> burning my hands in the bargain"
> Mialee sighs.
<Flint> What knobs?
> Quenda looking around the room
<Mialee> The ones on the pedestal.
<DM> Around the crown, the air shimmers in multi-colored hues.  There is a ring
    around the crown, and in the ring is set 6 rose shaped ivory knobs.
> Jozlan asks him to demonstrate :)
> Flint suspects Jozlan is evil.
<DM> What next?
> Mialee is quietly trying to decide whether Rollo deserves to come with us
    anymore.
> Mialee is lost in thought, gently caressing the steel of her dagger's blade,
    eyes staring down the little runt.
<Jozlan> he can be our mineshaft canary :)
<Quenda> remember you gut feeling
<Mialee> Thank you.
<Mialee> Well, I think it's time we be on our way.  Good luck, Rollo.  You're
    going to need it.
<Flint> Was there a passage west from room 35?
<Mialee> Not from 35.
<DM> No FLint
<Mialee> We're in 17 now.  I think we should head south next.
<Jozlan> yeah, continue exploring
<Mialee> OK, back into formation.  Let's head out.
<Mialee> Hm.  Thing is, if we leave Rollo behind, they'll capture him
    eventually and maybe get some crucial information out of him.
<Quenda> we should investigate the crown
<Mialee> I think the best way to proceed with that is to check out these other
    rooms first, see if we can find more information.
<Jozlan> right.
<Quenda> it may hold some hidden power
<Mialee> Yeah, but until we know how to get to it safely...
<Mialee> What do we do with Rollo?
<Flint> We take him with us.
<Mialee> Any other opinions? }:>
<Quenda> keep your eye on him
<Mialee> I can do that.
<Mialee> Let's go, Rollo.  You're with us.
<Quenda> I would like to try to turn a knob
<Quenda> or two
<Mialee> I don't think that's a good idea, Quenda... but...
> Quenda turns a knob carefully
<Flint> This should be interesting.
<DM> When you touch a knob, it tingles a bit...
<DM> roll d6 Quenda
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d6 -> 1
<DM> Roll another d6
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d6 -> 3
<DM> You suddenly feel like, well, not so wise (Lower your Wisdom by 1 point)
<DM> As the tingle fades, and you let go of the knob,
<DM> the ring with the knobs starts to spin, slowly at first, but then so fast
    that it is a blur, and you can't tell one knob from another.   After a few
    seconds, it slows down and finally stops once more.
<DM>
> Mialee blinks.
<Mialee> Interesting.
<Quenda> we just can't walk away again from the crown
<Mialee> Why not?  I'm betting there's some useful information down here
    somewhere.
<Quenda> it could be magical
<Quenda> or something
<Mialee> I'm sure it is.  So what?  We can come back for it when we know how to
    get to it.
<Quenda> ok you win lets go
<Jozlan> yeah, let'sget moving on.  Or use rollo to experiment with
<Mialee> OK, let's head south.
<Mialee> In formation...
> Flint looks at the crown to see what size head it was made for.
<Map>
<Map> LLLL  LLLLLLL
<Map> LLLL      LLL
<Map>       17  LLL
<Map> LLLL      LLL
<Map> LLLLLL  LLLLL
<Map> LLLLLL  LLLLL
<Map> LLLLLL  LLLLL
<Map> LLLLLL  LLLLL
<Map> LLLLLL  LLLLL
<Map> LLLLLL  LLLLL
<Map> LLLLLL  LLLLL
<Map> LLLLLL  LLLLL
<Map> LLLLLL  LLLLL
<Map> LLLLLL  LLLLL
<Map> LLLLLL  LLLLL
<Map>           [[[
<Map> L  LLLLLLLLLL
<Map> L  LLLLLLLLLL
<Map>
<DM> Normal humanoid size head, Flint
> Quenda walking down south
> Flint follows Quenda
<DM> You come to the end of the passageway, with passages leading east and west
<Mialee> Let's head west, and try the first passage to the south.
<DM> To the east, there are stairs leading up
<Flint> Are those stairs to the east?
<Jozlan> yes
<Flint> Sounds good Mialee.
<Quenda> Flint lead the way
<Flint> Why?
<Jozlan> you're good at killing
<Flint> Oh, that's a fine thing to tell a cleric.
<Jozlan> lol
<Jozlan> i'll go first then
> Flint mutters something about elves under his breath as he leads the way.
> Jozlan goes west, then heads soouth
> Quenda follows Flint
<DM> ok
<Map>
<Map> LLLLLLL  LLLL
<Map> LLLLLLL  LLLL
<Map>            [[
<Map> LL  LLLLLLLLL
<Map> LL  LLLLLLLLL
<Map> LL  LLLLLLLLL
<Map>     LLLLLLLLL
<Map> LLLLLLLLLLLLL
<Map>
<DM> The corridor goes south, and turns west
<Mialee> Lead on...
<Jozlan> west?
> Flint peeks around the corner.
<DM> March order is Joz, Flint, Quenda, Thror, Dalwin and Mialee
<Map> LL  LLLLLLL  LLLL
<Map>                [[
<Map> LL  LL  LLLLLLLLL
<Map> LL  LL  LLLLLLLLL
<Map> LL  LL  LLLLLLLLL
<Map> LL      LLLLLLLLL
<Map> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
<DM> It looks like a u shaped passage with no apparent purpose for being
<Jozlan> let's take a quick pass through the cul-de-sac
<Mialee> No "apparent" purpose.
> Jozlan examines the walls
<Flint> Joz, you should be guarding our rear.
> Jozlan moves to the end of the line
<DM> Joz, roll a d6
*** Roll by Jozlan: 1d6 -> 5
<DM> ok
> Flint searches the walls on both sides of the loop.
<DM> aha!   rolll d6
*** Roll by Flint: 1D6 -> 4
<Flint> both sides means inside and outside.
<DM> Flint discovers an anomoly in the sw corner
<DM> It looks like the wall here might move
> Quenda looking at the walls and ceiling
> Flint examines the anomoly.
<Map>
<Map> LL  LLLLLLL  LLLL
<Map>                [[
<Map> LL  LL  LLLLLLLLL
<Map> LL  LL  LLLLLLLLL
<Map> LL  LL  LLLLLLLLL
<Map> SS      LLLLLLLLL
<Map> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
<Map>
<DM> There is a secret door here!
<Flint> Any body want to check this door for traps?
<Quenda> I will
<Mialee> That's not exactly a talent of mine.
<DM> Quenda, roll d6
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d6 -> 6
<DM> you don't find any traps
<Quenda> ok lets open it
<Mialee> Yes, let's.
> Mialee readies an arrow.
> Quenda pushing the door
<Flint> Rollo, do you think there might be any traps on this door?
<DM> a part of the wall swings away, opening into another large room
<Flint> Never mind, Rollo.
<Mialee> :)
> Quenda walking in
<Map>
<Map> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LL  LL
<Map> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LL  LL
<Map> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LL  LL
<Map> LL   21      LL      LL
<Map> LL        LLLLLLLLLLLLL
<Map> LL   g n  LLLLLLLLLLLLL
<Map> LL   (F)  LLLLLLLLLLLLL
<Map> LL        LLLLLLLLLLLLL
<Map> LL  ____  LLLLLLLLLLLLL
<Map>
<DM> In this room you see  that the walls are lined with marble columns, and in
    the middle of the floor, there is a fountain of marble and onyx, filled
    with stagnant and algae-infested water.
*** You are now a room leader.
<DM> In front of the fountain stands an onyx statue of a gargoyle and a marble
    statue of a nubile young nymph.
<DM> At the far end of the chamber, you can see 2 huge Brass Doors, covering
    1/2 of the southern wall.
<DM>
<Quenda> any orcs?
<DM> No, Quenda
> Jozlan examines the statues
> Mialee studies the fountain carefully.
<DM> As you approach the statues, the gargoyle speaks:
<DM> "It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
> Flint examines the fountain.
<DM> Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt,
<DM> It lies behind stars, and under Hills,
<DM> And empty holes it fills,
<DM> It comes first and follows after
<DM> Ends life, kills laughter."
<DM>
> Quenda looking in the fountain
<DM> Jozan, it was speaking directly to you,
<DM> and looks at you with a quizzical grin on its face
<DM> You can confer amongst yourselves, but when you're ready to answer,  jozan
    should stand in front of the gargoyle and answer for the group.
<Mialee> It's a riddle.
<Mialee> And I think it wants an answer.
<Flint> The answer is silence.
<Jozlan> ooh
<Mialee> That fits.
<DM> Mialee, the fountain has nothing in it but  stagnant and algae-infested
    water.
<Mialee> OK.
> Jozlan tells the gargoyle, "silence"
<DM> The gargoyle shouts: "WRONG!" and spits out a huge cloud of greenish
    vapor, which soon fills the whole north end of the chamber.
<Mialee> Oops.
<DM> Everyone, Roll to save vs. poison, but add a +4.
<Mialee> What do you roll to do that?
*** Roll by Flint: 1D20 -> 4
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d20 -> 15
<DM> d20
*** Roll by Jozlan: 1d20 -> 7
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d20 -> 20
<Flint> 4 + 4 (DM) + 4 (Dwarf) = 12
<DM> Flint, does your "10" saving throw include racial bonuses?
<DM> ok
<Flint> No, those are raw scores off the level tables.
<DM> all of you quickly cover your mouths and noses and get down on the ground,
    and the cloud eventually dissapates
> Jozlan tells the gargoyle, "air"
> Mialee stays down with his nose and mouth covered.
<Mialee> her
<Flint> I never was very good at riddles.
<DM> The gargoyle is silent
<Mialee> I don't think that's right anyway. :)
> Flint examines the Nymph statue.
<Mialee> We may have to trigger it again.  Might need someone else to approach
    it, too.
<DM> It is wonderfully carved.
<Mialee> But I think we should consider the riddle before hitting it again. :)
<DM> and the nymph it depicts is very beautiful
<DM> but aren't all nymphs?  :)
> Mialee thinks.
<Flint> No, all beautiful women have beards.
<Jozlan> somebody else should examine the gargoyle
<Mialee> I think we should think about the answer to its riddle first.
> Flint examines the gargoyle.
<DM> The gargoyle remains strangely silent
<Mialee> Hm.  We may have gotten only one chance.
<Mialee> Or maybe it's a matter of time to reset, or something.
<Quenda> no we just need to think of the right word
> Jozlan examines the doors
> Flint examines the fountain.
<DM> Flint, the fountain is full of scummy water
<Quenda> help me it is not air
<Flint> Any disigns on the fountain?
<Quenda> it is behind the stars
<DM> Joz, the doors are big, brass doors, with intricate carvings or etchings
    in the brass
<DM> Flint no
<Quenda> Mialee think!
> Mialee suggests we go check out some other areas for a bit, and come back
    here in a while.
<Mialee> I think the gargoyle has spent itself.  Possible just for now, maybe
    permanently.
<Quenda> no we need to think of the word
<Mialee> Either way, the best way to go, I think, is to go elsewhere and come
    back later.
<Mialee> Why?
<Mialee> There are other places we can go still down here.
<Jozlan> is the gargolye still grinning like an idiot?
<DM> Yes
> Flint uses a bolt to search the water in the fountain.
<DM> Flint, you don't find anything
<Quenda> one more try on the riddle guys
> Flint examines the carvings on the doors.
<DM> Remember what the gargoyle said:
<DM> "It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
<DM> Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt,
<DM> It lies behind stars, and under Hills,
<DM> And empty holes it fills,
<DM> It comes first and follows after
<DM> Ends life, kills laughter."
<DM>
<DM> Nothing that you recognize Flint
<Mialee> Oh.  You know... we ended the gargoyle's laughter by saying "air."
<Mialee> "Ends life, kills laughter."
<Mialee> That's why it's silent now.
<Quenda> not air it must be in the outerspace
<DM> hasn't anyone got a copy of _The_Hobbit_ lying around?
<Mialee> Somewhere. :)
<Quenda> ok Mialee lets move on
<Mialee> The dark!
<Mialee> Jozlan, say it. :)
<Jozlan> yeah!
<Jozlan> darkness
<DM> The Gargoyle opens his mouth... then harrumphs! and screws up his face and
    returns to stony silence.   Then the Nymph speaks:
<DM> "Your just desserts, or final reward,
<DM> Will come by disease or mighty sword"
<DM>
<DM> (don't bother looking in _The_Hobbit_ for that one  :)
<Mialee> Really? :)
> Flint rechecks the fountain.
<DM> Flint finds the same scummy water
> Jozlan examines the doors again
<DM> and finds the same brass doors
<Quenda> life, death, crown?
<DM> the doors have no handles, by the way
<Flint> Death?
<Mialee> Hmm.
> Flint tastes the water.
<DM> yuch!  it tastes horrible!
> Mialee thinks.
<Quenda> air?
<Flint> Afterlife, heaven, ...
> Mialee blinks.
<Mialee> I don't think so.
<Flint> old age?
<Jozlan> heaven or hell
<Quenda> kills?
<DM> Don't forget the answer to the first riddle
<Quenda> sleeps?
<Flint> The Dark.
<Mialee> Hmm.
<DM> and the second?
<Mialee> The Light?
<DM> "Your just desserts, or final reward,
<DM> Will come by disease or mighty sword"
<DM>
<Quenda> Death of Darkness?
<Flint> death, the grave...?
<Mialee> Hm.
<DM> BTW, has anyone tried to open the brass doors?
<Mialee> No.
<Flint> No,
<Jozlan> not yet
<Quenda> not me
<Mialee> (afk, I need a quick nature break)
*** <Mialee> is now known as <AFK-Mialee>
<DM> ok, bio break while we consider the riddles
*** <DM> is now known as <AFK-DM>
*** <Flint> is now known as <AFK-Flint>
<Quenda> Black darkness?
<Quenda> Wind?
*** <AFK-Mialee> is now known as <Mialee>
<Quenda> welcome back
*** <AFK-Flint> is now known as <Flint>
*** <AFK-DM> is now known as <DM>
<Flint> The Dark, the final night, ...
<Mialee> Hm.
<Quenda> star light star bright it is night?
> Quenda lol
<Quenda> shell we move on and come back later?
<DM> Quenda retains her sense of humor in these dire circumstances
<Mialee> I'm kind of into this.
> Mialee tries to open the doors.
<Jozlan> maybe we should.  I have no idea
<DM> to no avail
<DM> they feel like solid wall
<Jozlan> north, then west again?
<Flint> whenever we figure it out, Jozlan will probably be the one who needs to
    say it.
<Mialee> Yeah.
<Mialee> OK, I guess we can move on.
<Quenda> who has magic to open doors?
<Mialee> Not me.  And I think the doors open when you solve this riddle.
<Jozlan> i don't
<DM> Ok, who's going, and which way?
<Mialee> I dunno, I still kinda think the answer is "death."
<Jozlan> back to the loop, north, then west
<Mialee> OK.
<Quenda> coming
<Mialee> Jozlan, try it.
<Flint> Jozlan try death.
<Mialee> I think it's "death."  My gut tells me it is.
> Jozlan tells the nymph, "death"
<DM> just death ??
<Jozlan> makes sense to me
<Quenda> the death of darkness?
<DM> nothing happens when you tell the nymph "death"
<Mialee> Interesting.
<Mialee> Hm.  I still think it's something about death.
<Quenda> or darkness of death?
<Mialee> Hm.
<Quenda> I think death and darkness
<Mialee> Well... I'm stumped.  My gut says it's "death" but since it didn't
    work...
<Mialee> Hm.  That could be.  Try that, Jozlan.
<Quenda> in some form try the two together, Jozlan
<Flint> Noble death, final death, ,,,
<Quenda> if you don't try I'll try!
<Jozlan> hmm
> Quenda going to the nymph
<Quenda> ok here goes
<Quenda> Death and darkness on all
<DM> Nothing happens
<Flint> "Your just desserts, or final reward,
<Quenda> Flint try yours
<Quenda> the Darkness of death
<Flint> Will come by disease or mighty sword"
> Jozlan says, "open sesame"
<DM> Nothing happens when you tell _the_Nymph_ "Darkness of death"
<Flint> Death in war?
<DM> nothing
<DM> flint or Jozan
<Jozlan> dunno
<Mialee> Hm.
> Mialee thinks.
<Flint> ?
<Quenda> . going to the gargoyle
<Flint> I still think Jozlan will have to be the one to say the answer.
<Quenda>   Darkness of Death
<DM> Nothing happens when you tell _the_Gargoyle_ "Darkness of death"Nothing
    happens when you tell _the_Gargoyle_ "Darkness of death"
<DM> oops
<Flint> The darkness of the grave?
> Quenda going to the doors
<Flint> The death of light?
<Quenda> Darkness of death
<DM> The brass doors swing silently open to the south, revealing a large, wide
    passageway leading to the south and into another large room
<Jozlan> oh
<Mialee> Hmph.
<Map>
<Quenda> come the door are open
<Map> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
<Map> LLLL   21      L
<Map> LLLL        LLLL
<Map> LLLL   g n  LLLL
<Map> LLLL   (F)  LLLL
<Map> LLLL        LLLL
<Map> LLLL  ____  LLLL
<Map> LLLLLL    LLLLLL
<Map> LLLLLL    LLLLLL
<Map> LLLLLL    LLLLLL
> Mialee sighs.
<Map> LLLLLL    LLLLLL
<Map> LL            LL
<Map> LL      a     LL
<Map> LL            LL
<Map> LL     22     LL
<Map> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
<Map> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
<Map>
<Mialee> Let's go.  Nice job, Quenda.
<Flint> I'm impressed.
<Quenda> touch job for sure
<DM> In the center of this room, you see a darkly robed figure about 1 and 1/2
    feet tall standing facing you, the cowl of the robe it' swearing covering
    it's face.
<Mialee> Hmm.
<Jozlan> yod!
<Jozlan> yoda
<DM> The robe seems to be made of black silk.
<Flint> swearing?
<DM> it's wearing
<DM> about yoda's size  :)
> Mialee whispers "OK, now what?"
<Quenda> do we see anything else?
> Flint approaches the figure.
<DM> No, Quenda, it's an empty room
<DM> other than the statue
<Mialee> It's a statue?
<DM> oops
<Quenda> looking under the robe
<DM> freudian slip  :)
<Mialee> :)
<Jozlan> :)
<DM> you see that the statue is a stylized figure of a man, on a round base,
    with his arms crossed over his chest.
> Flint examines the figure.
<DM> of a golden color
> Mialee examines the base.
<DM> in fact, it looks like solid gold
<Mialee> It's an Oscar!
<Mialee> (r)
<DM> :)
<Jozlan> :)
<Flint> lol
<Mialee> I'd like to thank the Academy...
<Quenda> can we move it?
<DM> ;)
<DM> yes, but it's very heavy
<DM> in fact, it weighs about the same as 2500 gold pieces
<Flint> take the cloak off it.
<Quenda> is itmade of gold?
<DM> looks like it
<DM> although it might be gold plated.  Who knows?
<Mialee> Well.  What do we do with this thing?
> Mialee tips it up, looks under it.
<Mialee> (and at the bottom of it)
<Quenda> can we cut into it?
> Flint examines the cloak
<DM> there is nothing under it or on the bottom
<DM> the cloak is made of fine silk
<Jozlan> don't give it to rollo :)
<DM> you scratch it with your dagger, Quenda
> Mialee laughs.
<Flint> Don't damage it.
<Quenda> lets take the cloak off
<Mialee> We did already.
<Quenda> oh
<Mialee> I thought.
<Flint> yes.
<DM> Someone suggested it, but no one did
> Mialee takes the cloak off the statue.
> Flint removes the cloak
<DM> the cloak tears in half!
<Flint> go ahead mialee.
<Mialee> Hm.  Fine silk indeed.
<DM> Flint is strong!
<Flint> sorry.
<Mialee> Good job. :)
<DM> Quenda, when you scratched it, it looked like it was gold throughout
<Mialee> So... does the statue look like anyone we know?
<DM> there are no facial features
<Mialee> Is there any writing of any kind on it?
<DM> but it looks like a guy named oscar   :)
<DM> no writing
<Mialee> :)
<Quenda> can we melt it down?
<Mialee> Does the base have any features?
<DM> Quenda, do you have a forge handy?
<DM> the base has no features
<Mialee> I think we're going to have to leave it here.
<Mialee> We can't carry it out while dealing with combat situations.
<Mialee> We can come back for it later.
<Jozlan> 2 hours and we havne' killed any body yet
<Mialee> Hopefully.
<Mialee> Yeah, Jozlan, what's up with that? :)
<DM> Jozlan feels the itch of battle lust
<Flint> Dalwin and Thror might carry it.
<Jozlan> :)
<Mialee> That's a thought, Flint.
<Quenda> no we can come back
<Jozlan> good idea
<DM> not even between them
<Mialee> No?  OK, then, we leave it here.
<Jozlan> ok, let's get back to exploring, then
<Flint> We could lash it to rollo. <EG>
> Mialee giggles.
> Mialee then stops to think, then looks at Rollo with a glint in her eye.
<Mialee> No, I guess not.
<Mialee> Let's go.
<DM> Where are you going?
> Flint picks up the statue.
<Jozlan> lets go to the loop and the passage norht\\th of it
<DM> FLint can pick it up, but he is severly burdened
<Mialee> Should we take the statue with us just to get it out of this secret
    room?
<Jozlan> where's it gonna go?
> Mialee shrugs.
<Flint> Yes, it's gold all right.
<Mialee> OK, let's leave it here and get moving.
<Quenda> good idea
> Flint sets the statue back down.
<Mialee> Up to the north, then back to the main package.
<Mialee> er... passage.
<Quenda> was there anything under the statue
<DM> Nothing under the statue
<Mialee> No.
> Flint places the cloak in his pack.
<DM> Ok, you arrive without incident at the east-west passage
<Jozlan> north?
<Mialee> Yes.
<Map>
<Map> LLLLLLLLLL  LLLLLLL  LLLLL
<Map> LLLLLLLLLL  LLLLLLL  LLLLL
<Map>                        [[[
<Map> LLLLLLLLLL  LL  LLLLLLLLLL
<Map> LLLLLLLLLL  LL  LLLLLLLLLL
<Map>
<Map>
<Map>
<Flint> west?
<Mialee> I think north.
<Map> LLLLLLLLLLLL
<Map>    x  LLLLLL
<Map> LLLL  LLLLLL
> Flint leads North.
<Map> LLLL  LLLLLL
> Quenda follwing
<Map> LLLL  LLLLLL
<Map> LLLL  LLLLLL
<Map> LLLL  LLLLLL
<Map>
<Map> LLLL  LL  LL
<DM> lets try that again:  x marks your position
<Map> LLLLLLLLLLLL
<Map>    x  LLLLLL
<Map> LLLL  LLLLLL
<Map> LLLL  LLLLLL
<Map> LLLL  LLLLLL
<Map> LLLL  LLLLLL
<Map> LLLL  LLLLLL
<Map>
<Map> LLLL  LL  LL
<Jozlan> now west
<Mialee> Yes.
> Flint leads west
<Map> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
<Map> LL             LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
<Map> LL    18        x        LLLLLLL
<Map> LL             LLLLLLLL  LLLLLLL
<Map> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LLLLLLL
<Map> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LLLLLLL
<Map> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LLLLLLL
<Map> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LLLLLLL
<Map>
<Map> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LL  LLL
<DM> The walls of this room (18) are covered with mosaic patterns. The West
    wall has a tile painting of a magic user not character on a mountaintop
    casting a spell.
> Mialee examines the painting on the west wall.
<Jozlan> "magic usernot character"?
<DM> magic user on a mountaintop
> Mialee keeps examining the painting on the west wall.
<Jozlan> any indication of what kind of spell?
<DM> No
> Flint examines the patterns
<DM> Nothing you can discern
> Flint searches the west wall.
> Mialee touches the west wall.
> Quenda touching the tiles
<DM> as you touch the west wall, you are amazed to see your hands pass
    _through_ the wall!
<Mialee> All of us?
<DM> the entire wall seems to be illusionary!
<Mialee> Let's go. :)
<DM> yes, all that touch the west wall
<Jozlan> westward ho!
<Flint> I'm amazed, nomatter who's hand.
<Map> LLL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
<Map> LLL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
<Map> LLL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
<Map> LLL  .              LLLLLL
<Jozlan> maybe we should send rollo first
<Map> LLL  .     18
<Map> LLL  .              LLLLLL
<Map> LLL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
<Map> LLL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
<Map> LLL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
<Map> LLL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
<Map>
<Jozlan> south?
<Mialee> Hmm, a corridor.  Yeah, let's go south.
<Flint> whats on the back side of the illusion?
<Flint> <eg>
<DM> You enter into a corridor, and as you look back,
<DM> what you just passed through looks like a stone wall!
> Mialee touches the wall.
> Jozlan touches the east wall
<DM> and your hands pass through it
<Jozlan> ok, south then
<Map>
<Map> LL  LLLLLLLLLL
<Map> LL  LL
<Mialee> Let's find the edges of this and mark them.
<Map> LL  LL    18
<Map> LL  LL
<Map> LL  LLLLLLLLLL
<Mialee> So we can find it again later.
<Map> LL  LLLLLLLLLL
<Map> LL  LLLLLLLLLL
<Map> LL  LLLLLLLLLL
<Map>
<Map> LLLLLLLLLLLLLL
<Map> LLLLLLLLLLLLLL
<Map>
> Quenda follows
<DM> ok...
<Map>
<Map> LL  LLLLLLLLLL
<Map> LL  .
<Map> LL  .    18
<Map> LL  .
<Map> LL  LLLLLLLLLL
<Map> LL  LLLLLLLLLL
<Map> LL  LLLLLLLLLL
<Map> LL  LLLLLLLLLL
<Map>
<Map> LLLLLLLLLLLLLL
<Map> LLLLLLLLLLLLLL
<Map>
<Mialee> East?  Let's see if this is just going to connect us back where we
    were earlier.
<DM> As you mark out the illusory wall, you hear voices to the south
> Flint heads east back to the intersection.
> Jozlan gets his hammer ready
> Mialee readies an arrow.
<DM> and sees a  figure carrying a torch to the east!
<Mialee> Can we hear what's being said?
<Mialee> Let's go!
> Flint readies his battle axe.
> Quenda longbow ready
<DM> x is you, b is other party...
<Map> LL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LLLLLLL
<Map> LL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LLLLLLL
<Map>        x                       b
<Map> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LL  LLLL
<Map> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LL  LLLL
<Quenda> can we see them?
<Mialee> Can we tell what or who they are?
<Mialee> We need to catch up.
<DM> There appear to be 3 figures, and they stop when they see your laternlight
<DM> lanternlight
<DM> they appear to be an orc and 2 goblins
> Mialee shoots at the orc.
<DM> tick, tick, tick....
<Mialee> Or are we still too far out?
<DM> ok, roll
> Flint charges
<Mialee> d20 right?
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d20 -> 18
<Flint> yes.
<DM> Mialee hits the orc!
<DM> roll d6
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d6 -> 6
<Jozlan> woohoo
<Quenda> shoots at goblin
<DM> the orc clutches his chest, and slowly sinks to his knees
<Mialee> Bingo!
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d20 -> 3
<DM> quenda drops her arrow
<Quenda> oops
<DM> the goblins turn and run to the east!
<Flint> Do Dalwin and Thror fire?
> Quenda running down the hall
<DM> fire what?
<Jozlan> they have bows & arrows
<DM> Flint and quenda are pursuing
<Flint> From the tower.
<DM> they do?  from where?
<DM> oh, ok
<Mialee> We got them from the tower earlier.
> Quenda ready to shoot again
<Mialee> Let me know when I can shoot again.
<DM> sure, they can shoot.  Flint, roll for them as you run
*** Roll by Flint: 1D20 -> 10
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d20 -> 10
<DM> miss and miss
*** Roll by Flint: 1D20 -> 18
<DM> hit from thror!
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d20 -> 8
<DM> d6
*** Roll by Flint: 1D6 -> 5
<DM> flint
<Jozlan> :)
<DM> and the goblin drops to the ground
<Jozlan> 1 left?
<DM> the other goblin is getting away
<DM> it ahs reached the stairs, and is climbing
<DM> has
<Mialee> Go get him!
> Mialee chases the goblin.
> Flint charges after it.
<DM> hang on
> Quenda looking around be the orc to see what can be found
<DM> Flint is chasing the goblin up the stairs...
<Map>
<Map> L  LLLLLLLLLLLL  LL
<Map> L  LLLLLLLLLLLL  LL
<Map> L  LLLLLLLLLLLL  LL
<Map> L  LLLLLLLLLLLL  LL
<Map> L  LLLLLLLLLLLL  LL
<Map> L  LLLLLLLLLLLL  LL
<Map> L  LLLLLLLLLLLL  LL
<Map> L  LLLLLLLLLLLL  LL
<Map> L  LLLLLLLLLLLL  LL
<Map>      [[[[[F[[[[g LL
<Map> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
<Map>
<DM> Quenda, you find 4 cp, 2 sp and 1 gp
<DM> the goblin turns the corner to the north
> Quenda off to the goblin
<Mialee> Where am I now?  I'm trying to chase the little beast.
<DM> Flint and Mialee are still in pursuit
<DM> Mialee passes Flint on his short legs
<Quenda> to the dead goblin to see what can be found
<Mialee> Can I shoot while running?
<DM> No
<Map>
<Map> L  LLLLLLLLLLLL  LL
<Map> L  LLLLLLLLLLLL  LL
<Map> L  LLLLLLLLLLLL  LL
<Map> L  LLLLLLLLLLLL  LL
<Map> L  LLLLLLLLLLLL  LL
<Map> L  LLLLLLLLLLLL  LL
<Map> L  LLLLLLLLLLLLg LL
<Map> L  LLLLLLLLLLLL  LL
<Map> L  LLLLLLLLLLLL  LL
<Map>      [[[[[[[F[[M LL
<Map> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
<Map>
> Mialee stops and shoots at the goblin.
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d20 -> 20
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d6 -> 6
<DM> Quenda, you find 7 cp and 6 sp
<Mialee> Shwack!
<DM> The goblin falls on its face!
> Flint is impressed.
> Mialee is too.
<Jozlan> nice
> Mialee checks to be sure it's dead.
<DM> It is, and you see a passage to the north
> Mialee searches the goblin.
> Quenda going to the others
<DM> ending in an open door...
> Flint checks to see if anything is comming down the hallway
<Map> LLLLLLL__LLL
<Map> LLLLLLL16LLL
<Map> LLLLLLL  LLL
<Map> LLLLLLL  LLL
<Map> LLLLLLL  LLL
<Map> LLLLLLL  LLL
<Map> LLLLLLL  LLL
<Map> LLLLLLL  LLL
<Map> LLLLLLL  LLL
<Map> LLLLLLL  LLL
<Map> LLLLLLL  LLL
<Map> [[[[[[[  LLL
<Map> LLLLLLLLLLLL
<Map>
<DM> The goblin has 3 cp, 1 sp and 2 gp
<Jozlan> should we all go up and check 16?
<Mialee> Why not, since we're here.
> Flint advances to the door and peeks within.
<DM> It looks like there is a pile of something by the door
> Jozlan goes up with the others
<DM> on the far side
> Mialee searches the pile.
<DM> There is a pile of  large bricks, like a wall half built, in front of this
    door, which is barred shut from the north side.  (the door opens north)
<DM> the bricks are on the north side
<Mialee> Interesting.
<DM> You see a sign on the door: "Death will quickly find those who venture
    past this point. --K. "
<Mialee> Rollo, want to have an adventure?
<DM> the bricks, which look like they HAD formed a wall, are piled on the floor
<DM> on the north side
<Flint> North door or south door for the sign?
> Jozlan listens to the door
> Quenda picking up a brick
<DM> The door is open, and you can see to the north.  It looks vaguely familiar
<Map> L  LLL
<Map> L  LLL
<Map> L  LLL
<Map> L
<Map>    LLL
<Map> L  LLL
<Map> L  LLL
<Map> L  LLL
<Map> L  LLL
<Map> L  LLL
<Map> L  LLL
<Map> L  LLL
<Map> L  LLL
<Map> L  LLL
<Map> L__LLL
<Map> L16LLL
<Map> L  LLL
<Map> L  LLL
<Jozlan> from last weeek
<DM> way to the north, you see some other figures moving.
<DM> You hear a shout!
<Jozlan> how far away?
<Mialee> Let's go!
<DM> 70 feet at least
> Quenda getting bow ready
<Mialee> Someone tough lead on. :)
<DM> the figures stand fast at 70 feet, except for one, which moves off to the
    north
> Quenda walk fast toward them
<DM> There seem to be 3 orcs remaining
> Mialee hustles along toward them.  Am I close enough to take a shot?
> Flint charges forward.
<DM> at 60 feet?  yeah
> Mialee stops and shoots at an orc.
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d20 -> 13
<Mialee> Does that hit?
<DM> Hits!
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d6 -> 5
<DM> The orc staggers!
<Flint> Dalwin and Thror
> Quenda shooting at an orc
*** Roll by Flint: 1D20 -> 1
*** Roll by Flint: 1D20 -> 7
<DM> both miss, Flint
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d20 -> 3
<DM> quenda misses!
<Mialee> Can I shoot again yet?
<DM> the orcs start moving back, to the north
<DM> yes, mialee
> Mialee gets the feeling these orcs are standing there just to slow us down so
    we don't chase the one that's getting away.
<Quenda> one more try
> Mialee shoots another orc.
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d20 -> 2
<Mialee> Ouch.
*** Roll by Flint: 1D20 -> 17
> Quenda shooting
*** Roll by Flint: 1D20 -> 11
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d20 -> 8
<DM> miss, as the arrow skitters across the ceiling mialee
<DM> Thror hits one, Flint
*** Roll by Flint: 1D6 -> 5
<Jozlan> nice
<DM> Through the throat!  The orc collapses
<Mialee> Excellent.
> Mialee shoots again.
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d20 -> 15
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d6 -> 1
<DM> the other orc turns tail and runs
<Mialee> Tink.
> Flint ignores the arrows flying by as he continues to charge.
> Mialee chases the orc.
> Quenda shooting
<DM> Mialee hits
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d20 -> 2
<DM> Flint is just keeping up with the orc
> Mialee keeps chasing it.
*** Roll by Flint: 1D20 -> 16
*** Roll by Flint: 1D20 -> 9
<DM> Thror hits again!
*** Roll by Flint: 1D6 -> 1
<DM> the orc staggers, and keeps running, with a limp
> Quenda looking around the dead orc
> Mialee stops and shoots the orc again.
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d20 -> 8
<Mialee> Grumble.
> Mialee makes chase again.
<DM> 13 cp and2 sp Quenda
*** Roll by Flint: 1D20 -> 3
*** Roll by Flint: 1D20 -> 4
<DM> hand on
<Mialee> How far from it am I now?
<DM> hang on
<Mialee> And have we stumbled into a nest of demons yet? :)
> Quenda running to help others
<Quenda> getting bow ready to shoot
> Quenda shooting
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d20 -> 10
<DM> Quenda misses her chance, as the orc tuns a corner to the east!
<Map> L  LL
<Map>    LLL
<Map> L  LLL
<Map> L  LLL
<Map> L  LLL
<Map> L   O
<Map>    LLL
<Map> L  LLL
<Map> LM LLL
<Map> L  LLL
<Map> LF LLL
<Map> L  LLL
<Map>  Q
> Mialee continues chasing the orc.  Let me know when it's in range again.
<DM> Jozan, the dwarves and rollo are pulling up the rear
<Map> L  LLL/LLLLLLLL____LLLLLLLLL  LL
<Map> LM         O             a
<Map>    LLL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL__LLLL
<DM> Mialee rounds the corner to see the orc running to the east
<Flint> Did the first figure to leave head east or north?
<DM> far ahead, you see some humans standing in the hallway...
<DM> one of the humans is holding a big staff of some kind
> Mialee stops and shoots the orc again.
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d20 -> 13
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d6 -> 3
<DM> the other human is turning back to the east and heading down the hallway
<DM> the orc cries out, and then falls flat on his face, dead.
> Mialee wonders what to do... she's alone in this hallway with some guy with a
    big staff.
<DM> But there is a briliant flash of light from the end of the staff the human
    is carrying, and Mialee feels a sharp pain in hewr chest
<Mialee> Doh
*** Roll by DM: 1d4 -> 4
<DM> Mialee suffers 5 hp from a magic missile
<DM> Quenda catches up
<DM> to mialee
<Mialee> Shoot that bastard!
<Mialee> Let me know when I can shoot again.
> Quenda running closer then shooting at the human
<DM> Quenda, as you run closer, you see a flash from the end of the staff, and
    feel a jab of pain in your chest!
*** Roll by DM: 1d4 -> 4
<Mialee> Hell.
<DM> and take 5 hp damage
> Mialee casts Magic Missile at the human with the staff.
<DM> roll
<Mialee> What do I roll? :)
<DM> d4
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d4 -> 2
<DM> d4+1
> Mialee ducks into the passageway to the south.
<DM> The human cries out, and crumples to the ground
<Mialee> Ooh.
<Mialee> Never mind then.
> Mialee approaches the human cautiously.
<Mialee> Is it dead?
> Mialee readies her dagger.
> Flint continues to charge.   :-)
> Jozlan runs up
<DM> hang on lemme figure out what's going on
<Flint> If this ever stops being a running fight, I might catch up.
<Mialee> Hehe
<DM> The human is dead,  but you notice at the end of the hall, there is an
    open passage into another room
<Jozlan> :)
> Mialee searches the human.
<Mialee> I want his staff. :)
<DM> err, rather, there is a door at the end of the passage, which is open
<Map> LL  LLL/LLLLLLLL____LLLLLLLLL  LLLLL
<Map> LL                                |
<Map>     LLL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL__LLLLLL
<DM> You do find the staff, as Flint and Jozan catch up.
<Mialee> Mmm... magic staff. :)
<DM> the other 3 slowly approach from behind
<DM> as dose Quenda
<Flint> What is the '/' character?
> Mialee asks for healing.
<DM> does
> Jozlan casts cure light on Mailee and Quenda
*** Roll by Jozlan: 1d4 -> 2
*** Roll by Jozlan: 1d4 -> 4
<DM> the / is an open door
<Flint> aah
<DM> mialee gets 6 back, and quenda gets 8 back
<DM> so you're both back to max
<Jozlan> since they only had -5 from the magic missile :)
<Quenda> thank you Jozlan
<Mialee> Thank you.
<Mialee> Should we go after the other human or check out these doorways along
    this hall?
<DM> you notice a passage to the north, and a door to the south...
<Jozlan> throught the door?
<Map> LL  LLL/LLLLLLLL____LLLLLLLLL  LLLLL
<Map> LL                       x        |
<Map>     LLL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL__LLLLLL
<DM> x is where your party is
<Flint> let's get the human, before he gets reinforcements.
<DM> you're all together now
<Mialee> OK, which way did he go?
<Mialee> Did I see?
<DM> It looked like he ran to the north
<Mialee> OK, let's go that way.
<Jozlan> yeah
<Mialee> Fast.
<Quenda> lead on I'll be behind you
> Flint heads north
> Jozlan follows
<Map> LLLLLLLLLL
<Map>          |
<Map> LLLL  LLLL
<Map> LLLL  LLLL
<Map> LLLL  LLLLL
<Map> LLLL  LLLLL
<Map> LLLL  LLLLL
<Map> LLLL  LLLLL
<Map>   x      |
<Map> LL__LLLLLL
> Flint charges
> Quenda getting bow ready
<DM> Flint is getting pretty tired
<Mialee> Any sign of where the guy went?
<DM> you get to the northern intersection
<Flint> You noticed that to huh?
<DM> and you see a door to the east, and a passage to the west
<DM> no sign of the human
<Jozlan> east?
<Flint> East
<Mialee> Sure, we can open the door and have a look.
> Jozlan listens at the door
<DM> roll a d6
*** Roll by Jozlan: 1d6 -> 3
<DM> You don't hear anything
<Mialee> Shall we?
> Flint kicks the door in.
*** Roll by Flint: 1D6 -> 1
<DM> the door slams open!
<Jozlan> the door kicks flint in :)
<DM> Ok, we're going to go real slow here, ok?
<DM> In this room you see a bed, desk, chair, chest, etc. There is a mural of a
    landscape painted on the far wall. There is a human male sitting at the
    desk reading a book.
<Mialee> Uhoh, my gut tells me we're in a bad place. :)
<Flint> ok, call each round so no one gets lost.
<Mialee> Yes, please.
<DM> There is another human standing right in front of the door, at the ready
<DM> Flint roll d6 for surprise
*** Roll by DM: 1d6 -> 6
*** Roll by Flint: 1D6 -> 4
<Quenda> longsword ready for action
<DM> ok, no one is surprised, so roll for initiative, d6
*** Roll by DM: 1d6 -> 5
*** Roll by Flint: 1D6 -> 2
<Flint> oh oh
<DM> I have the initiative
<DM> the man in front of the door fans his fingers, and mutters some words, and
    searing flames leap from his fingers at Flint and Quenda
<DM> you each take 1 hp of damage
<DM> meanwhile, you see the guy by the desk speak some strange words and move
    his hands in a funny way, and the air in front of him starts to shimmer
<DM> your turn, Flint and Quenda are in front
> Flint attacks with his Battle Axe.
*** Roll by Flint: 1D20 -> 10
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d20 -> 12
<DM> Flint hits!
<DM> Quenda Hits!
*** Roll by Flint: 1D8 -> 2
<DM> the human is cut in two!
<DM> end of round one
<Mialee> I don't get to do anything?
<DM> roll for initiative, round 2 quenda
<DM> Mialee, you were in the hallway
<Mialee> Oh.
*** Roll by DM: 1d6 -> 1
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d6 -> 4
<Mialee> OK.
<DM> you got it
> Quenda going to 2nd human
<Mialee> Am I in the room yet? :)
> Flint attacks second human
<DM> Mialee, you can move into room
<DM> Flint charges 2d human who is 30 ft away
> Mialee enters the room.
<Mialee> Do I have time to take a shot at the guy?
<DM> not yet, you are moving into room
<Mialee> OK.
<Mialee> Was hoping to interrupt his spell. :)
<DM> the guy is gesturing wildly...
> Jozlan moves into the room
<Quenda> .longsword ready
<Flint> Half my movement rate, do I get to attack?
<DM> not before his spell is complete...
*** Roll by DM: 1d4 -> 1
> Flint yells to distract the M-U.
<DM> Flint, in the front of the charge, tumbles to the ground, fast asleep
<Mialee> He needs the rest anyway.
<Jozlan> :)
<DM> Quenda, you can attack
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d20 -> 12
<DM> thats a hit
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d8 -> 3
<DM> he stumbles back, hesitates, and starts incanting again...
<DM> end of round 2
<DM> quenda, roll initiative
*** Roll by DM: 1d6 -> 4
<Jozlan> are thror and dalwin in the room yet?
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d6 -> 5
<DM> you attack
<DM> they are, Joz
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d20 -> 18
<Mialee> Oh yeah.
<DM> a big hit
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d8 -> 6
<DM> He takes a huge gash to his stomach, but falls back, away from you
<DM> mialee?
<DM> Jozan?
<Mialee> Can I shoot at him cleanly?
<Mialee> (ie, without hitting anyone else? :)
<DM> almost,   a small chance of hitting quenda
> Mialee shoots the guy.
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d20 -> 19
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d6 -> 4
<Quenda> yes
<DM> a clean hit!
<DM> transfixing the guy's throat!
> Mialee sings "I'm just a death machine... ooooOOOOH... a killing
    chickadee..."
> Mialee searches the guy she just killed.
<DM> Thror and Dalwin clamber into the room and slam the door behind them,
    shouting: "Holy Shit!"
> Mialee blinks.
<Jozlan> hmm
> Flint snores.
<DM> "there's 2 ogres and a bunch of goblins out there!
> Quenda getting sword ready
<DM> "
> Jozlan gets his hold spell ready
> Mialee slaps Flint to wake him.
<DM> ok, the room you're in...
<Map> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
<Map> LLLLLLLLLLL   H    LL
<Map> LLLLLLLLLLL        LL
<Map>           |  13    LL
<Map> LLLLL  LLLL     Da LL
<Map> LLLLL  LLLL h      LL
<Map> LLLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLL
<DM> The ogres and company are coming from the west hallway
> Mialee searches the body of the guy she killed.
> Flint yawns.
> Quenda ready to fight
<Flint> what's up?
<DM> Mialee finds nothing of interest,  the guy is in a robe
<Mialee> Where's the book he was reading?
<DM> on the desk
<DM> there is a piunding on the door
> Mialee examines it.
<DM> it appears to be a magic book of some kind
> Mialee takes it.
<DM> pounding, rather
<Mialee> Is the desk solid or is it a surface on legs?
<Mialee> Will hiding behind it offer protection, or do we need to flip it over?
<Flint> Somebody join me at the door to make a front rank and hold them from
    getting into the room.
<DM> surface on legs
> Jozlan helps push it
> Mialee tips the desk over to use as protection.
> Quenda joins Flint
> Mialee kneels behind it, arrow ready.
<Flint> the rest of you shoot them as the crowd in the doorway.
<Mialee> You guys will be in the line of fire.
<DM> ok, time for another bio break!  Commercial!
*** <DM> is now known as <AFK-DM>
<Mialee> :)
<Flint> I'm 4 ft 2.  shoot over me.
<Flint> <EG>
<Flint> or use spells or that staff.
<Mialee> :)
*** <Flint> is now known as <AFK-Flint>
<Mialee> Actually, question: I've seen this staff used, I know it's Magic
    Missile.  Can I use it? :)
<AFK-Flint> better ask the DM.
<Mialee> That's why I posted that up, to get his input when he's back :)
*** <AFK-DM> is now known as <DM>
<DM> no mialee, you don't know the command word for it
<Mialee> Ah.  Command word.
<Mialee> OK, the arrows will have to do.
<Mialee> My apologies in advance if I shoot anyone friendly.
<Mialee> Game question: is there a way to detect the command word, or is this
    staff useless? :)
<Map> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
<Map> LLLLLLLLLLLR  H    LL
<Map> LLLLLLLLLLL     T  LL
<Map>           | Q   d  LL
<Map> LLLLL  LLLL F   DM LL
<Map> LLLLL  LLLL h    J LL
<Map> LLLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLL
<DM> That's about how I see the setup, no?
<DM> small d is Dalwin
<DM> large D is desk
<Mialee> Looks right to me.
<Mialee> There's a passage behind us.
<DM> Mialee, useless at the moment
<Mialee> Oh wait, no.
<Mialee> Just my display being odd.
<Mialee> OK, I have an arrow at the ready.
> Quenda sword ready
<DM> The door bursts open, and a huge ogre steps inside!
> Mialee shoots the ogre.
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d20 -> 6
<Mialee> Bah.
<DM> roll for initiative first, Flint
<Mialee> Oh. :)
<DM> well, no that will count, M
<Mialee> Ah :)
*** <AFK-Flint> is now known as <Flint>
*** Roll by Flint: 1D6 -> 4
<DM> sorry, did I get ahead?  :)
*** Roll by DM: 1d6 -> 6
<DM> the ogre slashes at Quenda
<DM> .2
<DM> .2
<DM> was ist los?
*** Roll by DM: 1d20 -> 15
<DM> Quenda is hit!
<DM> .1
<DM> wth
*** Roll by DM: 1d10 -> 3
<Jozlan> can we tell how many goblins are in teh hall & how close they are?
<DM> quenda takes 3 damage
<DM> No, there's a bunch!
<Flint> How wide is the doorway?
<Jozlan> the hold person spell covers everyone in an area, right?
<DM> The ogre steps to the side, toward Flint
<DM> 1-3 people, depending on hit dice
<Jozlan> ok
<DM> Quenda and Flint, strike
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d20 -> 15
<Flint> You can target the people.
> Flint attacks with his Battle Axe.
*** Roll by Flint: 1D20 -> 13
<DM>
<DM> miss Flint
<DM> hit Quenda
<Jozlan> i think thror and dalwin want to fire :)
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d8 -> 4
<DM> hang on, sorry
<DM> The ogre is slashed by Quenda's hit, but looks none the worse for wear
<DM> thror and dalwin can fire, Flint
<Flint> T & D
*** Roll by Flint: 1D20 -> 18
*** Roll by Flint: 1D20 -> 4
*** Roll by Flint: 1D6 -> 6
<DM> The Ogre roars in pain!
> Mialee waits her turn.
> Jozlan comes forward to partake
<DM> Mialee, fire your bow
<DM> twice
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d20 -> 19
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d6 -> 5
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d20 -> 6
<DM> Mialee's arrow catches the ogre in the eye, and he falls over, dead!
> Mialee is ready to take on the next thing through the door.
<DM> Thror's and dalwins second arrows skip off the wall!
<DM> as the next round starts, another ogre steps through the door!
<DM> along with 2 goblins
<DM> quenda, roll d6
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d6 -> 3
<DM> the goblins are facing quenda, the ogre facing flint
*** Roll by DM: 1d6 -> 1
<DM> you have the initiative
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d20 -> 2
> Flint attacks with his Battle Axe.
<DM> quenda misses
*** Roll by Flint: 1D20 -> 9
<DM> Flint misses the ogre
<Mialee> My turn?
<DM> mialee?
> Mialee shoots at the ogre.
<DM> one please
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d20 -> 17
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d6 -> 1
<DM> hit!
<DM> a flesh wound.  Dalwin and thror 1 arrow?
<Flint> T & D
<DM> at the ogre
*** Roll by Flint: 1D20 -> 16
*** Roll by Flint: 1D20 -> 18
*** Roll by Flint: 1D6 -> 5
*** Roll by Flint: 1D6 -> 4
<Quenda> yessss
<DM> 2 hits!
<Mialee> Nice!
<DM> and he is shaken visibly, with three arrows protruing from his chest
<DM> protruding
<DM> nevertheless, he swings at flint...
<DM> .2
<DM> why do I keep losing my presets?
*** Roll by DM: 1d20 -> 4
<DM> the ogre slams his hammer to the ground!
<DM> 2 goblins attack quenda
*** Roll by DM: 1d20 -> 8
*** Roll by DM: 1d20 -> 13
<DM> they both miss, but sidestep to allow their compatriots in
<DM> another round of arrows at teh ogre?
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d20 -> 7
<Mialee> Not from me. :)
<Flint> T & D
<DM> miss
*** Roll by Flint: 1D20 -> 12
*** Roll by Flint: 1D20 -> 8
<DM> 2 misses
<DM> next round.
<DM>  there are 4 goblins in the room, and the ogre.
<DM> flint roll for initiative
*** Roll by DM: 1d6 -> 3
*** Roll by Flint: 1D6 -> 6
<DM> you see some humand back in the hallway
<DM> you got it
<DM> humans
<Mialee> Joy.
> Flint attacks with his Battle Axe.
*** Roll by Flint: 1D20 -> 1
<DM> flint almost drops his axe
> Jozlan attacks with his war hammer
*** Roll by Jozlan: 1d20 -> 7
<DM> swish!
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d20 -> 10
<DM> miss, barely
> Mialee shoots at the ogre.
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d20 -> 19
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d6 -> 4
<DM> hit!
<Flint> T & D
*** Roll by Flint: 1D20 -> 1
*** Roll by Flint: 1D20 -> 7
<DM> go again, and for the dwarves
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d20 -> 13
<Mialee> Does that hit?
<DM> misses
<Mialee> Bummer.
<DM> the ogre is enraged
<DM> the dwarves shoot again
<Mialee> I imagine.
*** Roll by Flint: 1D20 -> 12
*** Roll by Flint: 1D20 -> 6
<DM> misses
<DM> The ogre's turn
*** Roll by DM: 1d20 -> 17
<DM> he hits Flint!
<DM> .1
*** Roll by DM: 1d10 -> 3
<DM> 3 damage FLint
<DM> goblin attacks flint
*** Roll by DM: 1d20 -> 15
<DM>
<DM> the goblin hits Flint!
*** Roll by DM: 1d6 -> 3
<DM> another 3 Flint!
<Flint> got it.
<DM> 1 goblin attacks Jozan
*** Roll by DM: 1d20 -> 11
<DM> miss
<DM> 2 goblins on Quenda
*** Roll by DM: 1d20 -> 3
*** Roll by DM: 1d20 -> 19
<DM> one hit
*** Roll by DM: 1d6 -> 6
<DM> Quenda takes a terrible blow from the sneaky goblin
<DM> the room is getting crowded, as more goblins pour in.
<DM> next round
<DM> Quenda, roll for initiative
*** Roll by DM: 1d6 -> 2
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d6 -> 6
<DM> you got it
<Mialee> Whew.
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d20 -> 10
<DM> that's a hit
<DM> and you slice the goblin in 2!
<DM> Flint?
<Jozlan>  /act casts hold person on the goblins just outside the door
<DM> first round of arrows?
> Mialee shoots the ogre.
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d20 -> 20
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d6 -> 4
<DM> The ogre stumbles back against the wall
<DM> barely holding on
<Mialee> Dwarves?
<DM> yes
<DM> go mialee
<DM> for the dwarves
<Mialee> OK
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d20 -> 17
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d6 -> 5
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d20 -> 19
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d6 -> 4
<Mialee> At goblins.
<DM> and the arrows catch the ogre in the ear and eye, respectively.
<DM> he slumps to the ground
<Mialee> Or him. :)
<DM> on top of the other one
<DM> Jozan, I'm still working on your spell
*** Roll by DM: 1d20 -> 10
*** Roll by DM: 1d20 -> 9
*** Roll by DM: 1d20 -> 18
<DM> 2 goblins suddenly stand absolutely still
<DM> there are 4 in the room
<DM> facing jozan, Flint and Quenda
<DM> the goblins attack...
<DM> 1 at quenda
*** Roll by DM: 1d20 -> 16
<DM> a hit!
*** Roll by DM: 1d6 -> 5
*** <Roger> has entered the room.
<DM> Quenda is hurt!
<DM> 2 at Jozan
*** Roll by DM: 1d20 -> 12
*** Roll by DM: 1d20 -> 16
<DM> 1 hit
*** Roll by DM: 1d6 -> 4
<DM> 1 at Flint
*** Roll by DM: 1d20 -> 13
<DM> miss!
<DM> (Fierce goblins, eh?
<DM> end of round,  you see the humans out in the hall gesturing
<Mialee> Oh joy.
<DM> good
<DM> Jozan, initiative
*** Roll by DM: 1d6 -> 3
*** Roll by Jozlan: 1d6 -> 6
<Mialee> Nice.
<DM> you got it
<Mialee> Do I happen to be able to shoot at the humans in the hall?
<Mialee> And how many do we see?
<DM> btw, the goblins are too small to get a good shot at over you friends
<DM> no, Mialee
<Mialee> Dang.
<DM> not without endangering your friends
<Jozlan> could we throw the lantern in the hall and hope it catches them on
    fire? :)
<Roger> Have you tried casting a hold spell on the creatures in the doorway?
<DM> There are now 4 goblins in the room, 2 frozen in the hall, and 3 more
    inthe hall trying to get in.  There are 3 humans out in the hall
<Jozlan> i did that.  2 are held
> Jozlan bashes one of the 4 with his war hammer
*** Roll by Jozlan: 1d20 -> 4
<DM> swish!
<Jozlan> or not
<DM> Flint?
> Roger attacks with his Battle Axe.
*** Roll by Roger: 1D20 -> 2
<DM> swish!
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d20 -> 15
<DM> hit!
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d8 -> 5
<DM> the goblin is split in twain!
<DM> but another jumps up to take his place!
<Mialee> Still no good shots at the goblins?
<DM> No, mialee, the buggers are too small
<DM> meanwhile, Rollo sneaks up on one of the goblins....
*** Roll by DM: 1d20 -> 7
<DM> and tries to stab it in the back, but fails!
<DM> he steps back again!
<Mialee> Just so you guys know, I have to take off in about 20 minutes. :)
> Mialee stands up and maneuvers into position to make a shot.
*** <Flint> has left the room.
<Jozlan> lets start killing, then :)
<DM> next round
*** <Roger> is now known as <Flint>
<DM> Joz, roll for initiative.
*** Roll by DM: 1d6 -> 4
*** Roll by Jozlan: 1d6 -> 6
<DM> you get it again!
> Jozlan tries warhamering again
*** Roll by Jozlan: 1d20 -> 11
<DM> miss!
*** Roll by Jozlan: 1d6 -> 1
<DM> Flint?
> Flint attacks with his Battle Axe.
*** Roll by Flint: 1D20 -> 19
<DM> mialee, you just can't get  a shot
<Flint> Finnally!
<DM> hit Flint!
*** Roll by Flint: 1D8 -> 4
<DM> th goblin goes down!
<Mialee> Which does more damage, whacking someone with that staff or using my
    dagger? :)
<DM> staff
> Mialee switches to the staff.
<Mialee> Can I take a whack at someone? :)
<DM> next round, if you move up this round
> Mialee advances.
> Quenda attacks with longsword
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d20 -> 20
<DM> and cuts the vile goblin in two!
<Flint> Great shot Quenda!
<Mialee> Nice.
<DM> 2 left to hit back
<DM> 1 at Flint
*** Roll by DM: 1d20 -> 15
<DM> and a hit!
*** Roll by DM: 1d6 -> 3
<DM> FLint takes 3
<DM> and one at Jozan
*** Roll by DM: 1d20 -> 14
<DM> miss
<DM> but there is a flash of light which streaks from the finger of one of the
    humans in the hallwaym and Jozan feels a crushing pain in his chest!
*** Roll by DM: 1d4 -> 3
<DM> and takes three damage from the magic missile
<DM> next round
<DM> initiative, Quenda?
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d6 -> 4
*** Roll by DM: 1d6 -> 1
<DM> u got it
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d20 -> 5
<Quenda> oops
<DM> Flint
> Flint attacks with his Battle Axe.
*** Roll by Flint: 1D20 -> 7
<DM> miss
<DM> Jozan
<DM> is everyone here tired?   :)
<Flint> No.
<Flint> <EG>
<DM> Mialee?
<Jozlan> how far back are the humans?
<Mialee> The only reason I'm going to have to leave is because Sarah and I are
    going out to eat when she gets home from work. :)
> Mialee swings his staff at a goblin.
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d20 -> 19
<Mialee> her staff, dangit. :)
<Mialee> What do I roll for damage?
<Flint> 1d6
<DM> d6
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d6 -> 4
<DM> you hear the goblin's head crunch, and he topples to the ground
<Quenda> good job Mialee
<Mialee> Yes!
<DM> joz, the humans are 30 ft back
<Mialee> Dwarves?
<Jozlan> Quenda, how many hit points are you missing?
> Flint yells at Thror and Dalwin to shoot at the humans.
<Quenda> 8 left
<DM> They start to move into position
<DM> Flint is in the worst shape
> Jozlan casts cure light on flint
*** Roll by Jozlan: 1d4 -> 2
<DM> Flint is back to 11
<Mialee> What's going on now?
<Mialee> (Sarah will be home any minute :)
<DM> the goblins attack
<DM> 1 at Quenda
*** Roll by DM: 1d20 -> 12
<DM> miss
<DM> 1 at Flint
*** Roll by DM: 1d20 -> 7
<DM> misses
<DM> one of the humans in the hall runs away
<Mialee> Interesting.
<DM> the other keeps esturing
<DM> gesturing
<Flint> not good.
<Mialee> Not good at all.  That's a lot of spell.
<DM> next round
<DM> initiative?  Mialee
*** Roll by DM: 1d6 -> 1
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d6 -> 4
<Mialee> Who all are we still facing?
<DM> you win
<DM> 2 live goblins, 2 held goblins, and 1 human
> Mialee swings at one of the live goblins.
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d20 -> 7
<DM> the latter 3 are in the hall
<DM> miss!
> Flint attacks with his Battle Axe.
*** Roll by Flint: 1D20 -> 14
<DM> I have Mialee, Jozan, Flint and Quenda in the front rank
<DM> hit FLint
*** Roll by Flint: 1D8 -> 7
<DM> chops the goblin to pieces!
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d20 -> 9
<DM> miss!   Joz?
<DM> Kelvin, you still awake?
<Jozlan> yeah
> Jozlan warhammers....
*** Roll by Jozlan: 1d20 -> 20
<Jozlan> woohoo
<Quenda> oh yessss
<Mialee> Oh yeah.
*** Roll by Jozlan: 1d6 -> 6
<Mialee> Well now.
<Flint> He's awake all right.
<DM> the goblins head is crushed!
*** Roll by DM: 1d4 -> 3
<Flint> Can Thror and Dalwin fire?
<Mialee> Sarah's home, hurry :)
<Jozlan> the goblins decide to taliban, and start attackink karak :)
<DM> Flint, Jozan and Mialee suddenly pitch forward onto their faces, fast
    asleep
<Mialee> Oh dear.
<DM> the human in the hallway starts slapping the remaining, frozen goblins
<Flint> That should clear the way for Thror and Dalwin to fire.
<Quenda> charge into hallway
<DM> it does
<Flint> T & D
*** Roll by Flint: 1D20 -> 14
<DM> except for quenda
*** Roll by Flint: 1D20 -> 9
<DM> 1 hit, Thror
*** Roll by Flint: 1D6 -> 6
<DM> the goblin drops like a rock
<DM> quenda roll d20
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d20 -> 2
<DM> swish!
<DM> the human starts running away
<DM> next round
<DM> quenda roll
<Flint> Goblin, worn't they firing at the human?
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d20 -> 13
<Jozlan> who's left?
<Mialee> You're asleep, be quiet. :)
<DM> 1 goblin, held
<Mialee> They were firing at the human, supposedly.
<Jozlan> we could tie him up and interrogate him
<Mialee> That was what they were told to do. :)
<DM> actually, since jozan is asleep, the goblin is not held anymore
<DM> quenda hits
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d8 -> 1
<DM> and makes mincemeat of the goblin
<Flint> T & D
<DM> silence reighns
<DM> reigns
*** Roll by Flint: 1D20 -> 12
*** Roll by Flint: 1D20 -> 12
<Mialee> Uh, everyone's dead, Flint. :)
<DM> the hallway is empty
<Mialee> Except the two humans that fled.
<Flint> The fleeing human
<Mialee> Unless they're going to give chase.
<Mialee> Anyway, I need to go.
<DM> this is a good time to break, I think
<Quenda> good night
<Mialee> Sarah's making annoyed sighing noises. :)
<Flint> Yes, it is.
<Mialee> We should discuss in the board when we'll meet again. :)
<Mialee> Talk to you later!
<DM> ok,  keep an eye on the BB for updates!
<Mialee> This was great fun!
<Quenda> bye
<Flint> Ok
*** <Mialee> has left the room.
<Jozlan> ok
<Jozlan> zzz
*** <Jozlan> has left the room.
*** <Quenda> has left the room.
<DM> well, Roger, hope you had fun!
<Flint> I got your email with the NDA.
<Flint> Yes, Always fun playing D&D.
<DM> did it work?
*** Disconnecting from chat server.



========================
January 19, 2002
========================
   ___                                 __  __        __     __
  / _ \__ _____  ___ ____ ___  ___    / / / /__  ___/ /__ _/ /____
 / // / // / _ \/ _ `/ -_) _ \/ _ \  / /_/ / _ \/ _  / _ `/ __/ -_)
/____/\_,_/_//_/\_, /\__/\___/_//_/  \____/ .__/\_,_/\_,_/\__/\__/
               /___/                     /_/

The exhausted group leaned on their weapons and took stock of their situation.
They had just defeated almost a dozen goblins and 2 ogres and  a couple of
orcs and at least 2 humans, one of whom looked important.  They couldn't help
wondering what they had gotten into, and what was to come next.  Where had
those humans and orc messengers fled?  To whom? How many more could possibly
have been left behind when the army of goblins marched off?  Who was the man
they just killed?  Was it Karak himself? Surely he wouldn't be so easy to
defeat!  How much time did they have before reinforcements came back looking
for them?



(05:35 PM) <DM> Ok, then, let us begin!
(05:35 PM) <DM> You are in the room where you have recently vanquished a magic
    user, and a couple ogres and several goblins
(05:36 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLL
(05:36 PM) <DM> LL   H    LL
(05:36 PM) <DM> LL        LL
(05:36 PM) <DM>  |  13    LL
(05:36 PM) <DM> LL     Da LL
(05:36 PM) <DM> LL h      LL
(05:36 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLL
(05:36 PM) <DM>
(05:36 PM) <Quenda> did we find anything in this room?
(05:36 PM) <Mialee> We haven't searched it yet.
(05:36 PM) <DM> did you look?
(05:36 PM) > Mialee searches the desk.
(05:37 PM) <Mialee> (Jozan) starts searching bodies.
(05:37 PM) > Quenda looking under the bed
(05:37 PM) <DM> The book the man had been reading is a big, leather-bound book,
     with many pages of fine vellum.   The first 10 pages are filled with
    magical-looking script.
*** (05:37 PM) <Flint2> has entered the room.
(05:37 PM) > Mialee takes the book.
(05:38 PM) <Flint2> I'm back.
(05:38 PM) <Mialee> What about the later pages?
(05:38 PM) <DM> Jozan, Rifling the pockets of all the goblins and ogres and
    humans, you come up with 70 cp, 56 sp, 128 gp, and  43 pp
(05:38 PM) <Mialee> Anything else?
(05:38 PM) <DM> The latter pages are empty
(05:39 PM) <DM> There is a chest by the bed
(05:39 PM) <Flint2> What are we doing?
(05:39 PM) <Mialee> We're searching the room.
(05:39 PM) <DM> The chest is very heavy.
(05:39 PM) <DM> Flint, you're searching the room
(05:39 PM) <Mialee> Who wants to open the chest?
(05:40 PM) > DM wonders why they didn't bring a thief with them.
(05:40 PM) <Quenda> is it locked
(05:40 PM) <DM> yes
(05:40 PM) <Mialee> We don't have a thief?
(05:40 PM) > Mialee thought Flint was a thief.
(05:40 PM) <DM> ???
(05:41 PM) <DM> Rollo offers to try
(05:42 PM) <Mialee> Go for it, Rollo.
(05:42 PM) > Flint2 looks for a key to the chest.
*** (05:42 PM) <Flint> has left the room.
*** (05:42 PM) <Flint2> is now known as <Flint>
(05:42 PM) <Mialee> [by the way, if my typing is slow tonight, it's because my
    carpal tunnel is screaming in pain]
(05:42 PM) <DM> Rollo pulls a wire out of his sleeve, and kneels down in front
    of the chest
(05:43 PM) <DM> he fiddles with the lock, and ... quenda, roll a d20
(05:43 PM) > Mialee watches Rollo work.
(05:43 PM) <Quenda> .2
(05:44 PM) <Quenda> help roll
(05:45 PM) <Mialee> Try /help roll
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d100 -> 80
(05:45 PM) <DM> Rollo curses, and moves away from the chest
(05:46 PM) <DM> "I can't open it" he says
(05:46 PM) <Mialee> That wasn't a d20 :)
(05:46 PM) <DM> I know
(05:46 PM) <Flint> Is it trapped, Rollo?
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d100 -> 53
(05:47 PM) <DM> rollo: "not that I can tell"
(05:47 PM) <Flint> Then I guess we break it open.
(05:48 PM) <Mialee> Have at it. :)
(05:48 PM) <Quenda> flint try your axe
(05:48 PM) > Mialee goes to the door and listens carefully.
(05:49 PM) > Flint gently opens the chest with his Battle Axe
(05:49 PM) > Quenda looks under the chair
(05:49 PM) <DM> Flint, the chest is lockes
(05:49 PM) <DM> locked, rather, and you don't know the meaing of gentle
(05:49 PM) <DM> meaning
(05:50 PM) <Flint> That's why I'm using the battle axe. <eg>
(05:50 PM) > Mialee rools her eyes.
(05:50 PM) <Mialee> "Whack that thing!"
(05:50 PM) <DM> Are you smashing it with your axe?
(05:51 PM) <Mialee> I don't think we have any viable options other than that.
(05:51 PM) <Mialee> If we break what's in there, we're no worse off than if we
    can't get to it at all.
(05:52 PM) <DM> Quenda, there is nothing under the chair or bed
(05:52 PM) <Flint> No, I'll use a sword from a dead guard to try and pry the
    lid off.
(05:53 PM) <DM> roll a d20  (low)
*** Roll by Flint: 1D20 -> 1
(05:53 PM) > Mialee wistles.
(05:53 PM) <Flint> Low enough?
(05:53 PM) <Mialee> +h
(05:53 PM) <DM> the lid pops open!
(05:53 PM) > Mialee looks in the chest.
(05:53 PM) <DM> In the chest are some clothes, blankets, and a canvas bag.
(05:53 PM) > Mialee looks in the bag.
(05:54 PM) <DM> In the bag you find 500 gold pieces and 200 platinum pieces.
(05:54 PM) <Mialee> Well now.
(05:54 PM) <Mialee> What sort of clothes?
(05:54 PM) <Mialee> And how many blankets?
(05:54 PM) <Mialee> Looks like someone was packing for a trip.
(05:54 PM) > Flint looks at the clothes and blankets
(05:54 PM) <DM> 2 blankets, and 3 robes
(05:54 PM) <DM> pretty normal looking
(05:54 PM) <Flint> Any symbols on the robes?
(05:54 PM) <DM> no
(05:55 PM) <Flint> Take them anyway.
(05:55 PM) <DM> however, the bottom of the chest looks split, and there seems
    to be something under the bottom
(05:55 PM) > Mialee looks under the bottom.
(05:55 PM) <Flint> search the chest
(05:55 PM) <DM> there is a compartment on the underside, containing 6 scrolls.
(05:56 PM) <Flint> Yes!
(05:56 PM) > Mialee collects the scrolls.
(05:56 PM) <Mialee> Can I read them, by any chance?
(05:56 PM) <DM> Do you have a Read Magic Memorized?
(05:56 PM) <DM> I though not
(05:56 PM) <Mialee> Heh, no. :)
(05:56 PM) <DM>   :)
(05:57 PM) <Flint> Can I read them?
(05:57 PM) <DM> No
(05:57 PM) <Mialee> Well, let's take all the money and the robes and blankets,
    and move on.
(05:58 PM) <Quenda> we need to take the scrolls too
(05:58 PM) <Mialee> I already took them.
(05:58 PM) <Quenda> ok
(05:58 PM) <DM> yes she did
(05:58 PM) <DM> ok, what next
(05:58 PM) <DM> ?
(05:59 PM) <Mialee> Well...
(05:59 PM) <Mialee> Are we going to continue exploring or leave?  I think we
    need to keep at it.
(05:59 PM) <Mialee> How badly hurt are we?
(05:59 PM) <Mialee> How's Jozan look?
(05:59 PM) <DM> Your immediate area:
(05:59 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(05:59 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLL   H    LLLL
(05:59 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLL        LLLL
(05:59 PM) <DM>          |  13    LLLL
(05:59 PM) <DM> LLLL  LLLL     Da LLLL
(05:59 PM) <DM> LLLL  LLLL h      LLLL
(05:59 PM) <Quenda> I'm down to 8 hit points
(05:59 PM) <DM> LLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(05:59 PM) <DM> LLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(05:59 PM) <DM> LLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(05:59 PM) <DM> LLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(05:59 PM) <DM>
(06:00 PM) <DM> Jozan is at 10 of 17
(06:00 PM) <Quenda> I need healing
(06:00 PM) <Mialee> Sounds like we need to find a spot where we can rest in
    relative safety.
(06:00 PM) <Mialee> Any ideas?
(06:01 PM) <DM> The doorway is blocked with bodies
(06:01 PM) <Mialee> Anyone? :)
(06:01 PM) <Quenda> so lets move them
(06:01 PM) <DM> Flint, you there?
(06:02 PM) <Mialee> That doesn't look good.
(06:02 PM) <DM> Flint has been in and out
(06:03 PM) <Mialee> Well.
(06:03 PM) <Quenda> ok lets get the bodies out of the way, everyone help
(06:03 PM) <Mialee> Do we move them, or use them as a barricade and sleep for a
    little while? :)
*** (06:03 PM) <Flint> has left the room.
(06:04 PM) <Mialee> Actually... staying here is a bad idea; they know we're
    here.
(06:04 PM) > Mialee helps Quenda start dragging bodies out of the doorway.
(06:04 PM) <Quenda> I'm for the resting
(06:04 PM) <Mialee> (Jozan) pitches in
(06:04 PM) <Mialee> We need to move, find somewhere else to rest.
(06:04 PM) <Quenda> ok
(06:04 PM) > Quenda moving the bodiesw
(06:04 PM) <DM> ok, the bodies are out of the way, but Mialee is wise in
    thinking that "They know where you are"
(06:05 PM) > Mialee readies an arrow.
(06:05 PM) <Mialee> Let's move, we need to get out of this room.
(06:05 PM) > Quenda following mialee
(06:06 PM) <Mialee> This is going to be tricky to play with both of the tough
    players MIA. :)
(06:06 PM) <DM> as is everyone else, apparently  :)
(06:06 PM) <Mialee> I guess it's up to me to take the lead.
(06:06 PM) > Mialee heads out into the hall.
(06:06 PM) <Mialee> Carefully.
(06:06 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(06:06 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLL   H    LLLL
(06:06 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLL        LLLL
(06:06 PM) <DM>          |  13    LLLL
(06:06 PM) <DM> LLLL  LLLL     Da LLLL
(06:06 PM) <DM> LLLL  LLLL h      LLLL
(06:06 PM) <DM> LLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(06:06 PM) <DM> LLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(06:06 PM) <DM> LLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(06:06 PM) <DM> LLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(06:06 PM) <DM>
(06:06 PM) <DM> west or south?
*** (06:06 PM) <Flint> has entered the room.
(06:07 PM) <Mialee> Have we been to the west from this junction yet?
(06:07 PM) <Mialee> Whew, hi again, Flint.
(06:07 PM) <DM> not exactly
(06:07 PM) <Quenda> lets go south
(06:07 PM) <Mialee> OK, let's head south.
(06:07 PM) <Flint> Where are we?
(06:07 PM) <DM> Flint, you guys have rifled the room
(06:07 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(06:07 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLL   H    LLLL
(06:07 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLL        LLLL
(06:07 PM) <DM>          |  13    LLLL
(06:07 PM) <DM> LLLL  LLLL     Da LLLL
(06:07 PM) <Mialee> We need to get as far away from this room as we can;
    they're sure to be coming for us.
(06:07 PM) <DM> LLLL  LLLL h      LLLL
(06:07 PM) <DM> LLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(06:07 PM) <DM> LLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(06:07 PM) <DM> LLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(06:07 PM) <DM> LLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(06:07 PM) <DM>
(06:07 PM) <DM> you're standing in front of the door
(06:07 PM) <Mialee> South, definitely.
(06:08 PM) <Mialee> With our eyes and ears peeled.
(06:08 PM) <Flint> Which way did the guards run?
(06:08 PM) <DM> West
(06:08 PM) <Mialee> Then we're going south.  Big time.
(06:08 PM) <Mialee> Let's go.
(06:08 PM) > Mialee heads south.
(06:08 PM) <DM> MARCH ORDER?
(06:09 PM) <Flint> There is a series of rooms in the west hall?
(06:09 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLL
(06:09 PM) <DM>           |
(06:09 PM) <DM> LLLLL  LLLL
(06:09 PM) <DM> LLLLL  LLLL h
(06:09 PM) <DM> LLLLL  LLLLLL
(06:09 PM) <DM> LLLLL  LLLLLL
(06:09 PM) <DM> LLLLL  LLLLLL
(06:09 PM) <DM> LLLLL  LLLLLL
(06:09 PM) <DM>           |
(06:09 PM) <DM> LLL__LLLLLLLL
(06:09 PM) <DM>
(06:09 PM) <Mialee> March order... I think of the main group, Quenda needs to
    be last, she's hurt.
(06:09 PM) <Mialee> I'd prefer not to be in the lead, but will do so if
    everyone else is injured.
(06:09 PM) <Flint> How bad is she?
(06:10 PM) <DM> bad
(06:10 PM) <Mialee> Pretty bad.
(06:10 PM) > Quenda readying longsword
(06:10 PM) <Flint> ~Quenda.
(06:10 PM) <DM> Jozan is also hurt badly
(06:11 PM) <Mialee> Yeah.
(06:12 PM) <Mialee> So, what's going on?
(06:12 PM) <Mialee> Did we lose Flint again?
(06:12 PM) <Flint> I've got three cure spells. I can split them up among you.
(06:12 PM) <Mialee> Well, I'm uninjured.
(06:13 PM) > Flint casts Cure Light Wounds on Quenda
*** Roll by Flint: 1D4 -> 3
(06:13 PM) <DM> = 7
(06:13 PM) <Quenda> thank my friend
(06:13 PM) <DM> Quenda has 15 of 23
(06:14 PM) <Quenda> thanks
(06:14 PM) > Flint casts Cure Light Wounds on Jozan.
*** Roll by Flint: 1D4 -> 4
(06:14 PM) <Quenda> that will get on for the day, i hope
(06:14 PM) <DM> Jozan is right as rain
(06:15 PM) <Flint> Mialle, are you injured?
(06:15 PM) <Flint> Mialee, are you injured.
(06:15 PM) <Mialee> Not at all.
(06:16 PM) <DM> So, you're standing in the hallway...
(06:16 PM) <Mialee> Let's keep going south the the intersection.
(06:17 PM) <Mialee> Let's put Flint and Jozan in the lead now.
(06:17 PM) <DM> let me have a 2x2 march order.
(06:17 PM) <Flint> Folks, I have one cure spell left.  We may not survive
    another battle.
(06:17 PM) <Mialee> Flint + Jozan then Quenda + Mialee with the hangers-on
    behind?
(06:18 PM) <DM> suggest:  FLint and Quenda...
(06:18 PM) <Mialee> Our goal right now is to find a place in here we're
    comfortable to rest for a while.
(06:18 PM) <Mialee> Recoup spells, that kind of thing.
(06:18 PM) <Flint> Ok, just remember that Karak is on his way back.
(06:18 PM) <DM> Mialee and Jozan,  then the hangers on
(06:19 PM) <Mialee> That sounds fine to me.
(06:19 PM) <Mialee> And we don't know that Karak is on his way back.
(06:19 PM) <Mialee> He may not have even heard we're here yet; and I see no
    point to leaving without actually accomplishing anything.
(06:19 PM) <Flint> How injured are the hangers on?  Especially my cousins?
(06:19 PM) <DM> not
(06:19 PM) <Mialee> Would we come back if we left now?  I'm not clear on what
    you'd like to do.
(06:20 PM) <Flint> I'd like to do some more damage while we are here, just
    remember we are working against the clock.
(06:21 PM) <Mialee> OK, we still need to find a spot to rest, so we can
    regenerate some spells.  Do you agree, or no?
(06:21 PM) <Flint> Yes.
(06:21 PM) <Quenda> I do
(06:21 PM) <DM> Good Point Flint!
(06:21 PM) <Mialee> OK, let's move.
(06:21 PM) <Mialee> South?
(06:22 PM) <Mialee> I suggest we stick to areas already explored until we've
    gotten that rest.
(06:23 PM) <Flint> South
(06:23 PM) <DM> LLLLL  LLLL
(06:23 PM) <DM> LLLLL  LLLL
(06:23 PM) <DM> LLLLL  LLLL
(06:23 PM) <DM> LLLLL  LLLL
(06:23 PM) <DM> LLLLL  LLLL
(06:23 PM) <DM> LLLLL  LLLL
(06:23 PM) <DM>           |
(06:23 PM) <DM> LLL__LLLLLL
(06:23 PM) <DM>
(06:23 PM) <DM> you come to an intersection that you've been to before
(06:23 PM) <Mialee> West?
(06:23 PM) <Flint> Have we been through the door on the east?
(06:23 PM) <DM> No
(06:24 PM) <Mialee> I don't think so.
(06:24 PM) <Flint> We could hole up there.
(06:24 PM) <Mialee> Unless it's a room full of bad guys on the other side.
(06:25 PM) <Flint> They should have heard the fight and joined in.
(06:25 PM) <Mialee> Well... I've got an arrow ready.  Go for it.
(06:26 PM) > Flint checks the door to see if it is locked.
(06:26 PM) <DM> You can see that the large stout wooden door to this room is
    slightly ajar, and that the room within is dark.
(06:26 PM) <Mialee> Hmmm.
(06:27 PM) > Quenda longsword ready
(06:27 PM) > Mialee watches carefully.
(06:27 PM) > Flint opens the door.
(06:27 PM) <DM> I'm assuming that march order is Flint and Quenda, Mialee and
    Jozan, and then the rest
(06:27 PM) <DM> ok?
(06:27 PM) <Mialee> Yeah
(06:27 PM) <DM> The room is dark
(06:27 PM) <DM> you can't see the opposite walls
(06:28 PM) <Mialee> Do we hear anything?
(06:28 PM) > Mialee listens
(06:28 PM) <DM> are you carrying a torch?
(06:28 PM) <DM> you hear nothing
(06:28 PM) <Mialee> I'm not...
(06:28 PM) <DM> The hall you are in has torches on the walls
(06:28 PM) <DM> but the room ahead is dark
(06:29 PM) <Mialee> Someone that doesn't need both hands to fight should grab
    one of those. :)
(06:29 PM) <DM> Thror grabs a torch
(06:29 PM) <Quenda> I'll get a torch
(06:29 PM) <DM> ok, you have light
(06:30 PM) > Quenda moving upfront
(06:30 PM) <Mialee> What do we see when we thrust the torch in through the
    door?
(06:30 PM) <DM> The floor is glistening a bit
(06:30 PM) > Mialee takes a close look at the floor.
(06:30 PM) <Mialee> What is it?
(06:30 PM) > Quenda walking into the room
(06:30 PM) <DM> as if there were some liquid on the floor
(06:31 PM) <DM> As you step into NW corner of the dark  40x50 ft room, the
    floor glistens in your torchlight as if there were some liquid on the
    floor.
(06:31 PM) > Quenda carefully
(06:31 PM) <Mialee> Is there an odor?
(06:31 PM) <DM> no
(06:31 PM) > Mialee touches the floor.
(06:31 PM) <Mialee> Is it wet?
(06:31 PM) <DM> Yes
(06:31 PM) <DM> Quenda, roll d20\
(06:32 PM) <Quenda>
(06:32 PM) <Quenda> .2
*** (06:33 PM) <Flint2> has entered the room.
(06:33 PM) <Mialee> reFlint
*** (06:33 PM) <Flint> has left the room.
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d20 -> 9
(06:33 PM) <Flint2> huh?
*** (06:33 PM) <Flint2> is now known as <Flint>
(06:34 PM) <DM> Quenda almost slips on the oil on the floor!
(06:34 PM) > Mialee doesn't think this is a good room to rest in.
(06:34 PM) <Flint> Trap?
(06:34 PM) <DM> .2
(06:34 PM) <Mialee> We went into that room. :)
(06:35 PM) <Quenda> no not at all
(06:35 PM) <Quenda> lets move on
(06:35 PM) <Flint> What is in here?
*** Roll by DM: 1d20 -> 17
(06:35 PM) <Mialee> The floor is covered with oil.
(06:36 PM) <Mialee> That's about all we can see.
(06:36 PM) <Mialee> It's a very large dark room.
(06:37 PM) <Quenda> can we see anything else?
(06:37 PM) <DM> You see a streak of light, hear something whistling through the
    air, and suddenly, there is a large !POP-POP! and the oil on the floor
    catches fire!
(06:37 PM) <Flint> Shine the lantern around the room.
(06:37 PM) <Flint> Every body out!
(06:37 PM) <Quenda> no let get out
(06:37 PM) <Mialee> Out!  Out!
(06:37 PM) <DM> quenda, take 3 hp of damage.
(06:37 PM) > Mialee carefully walks out of the room to the west, taking care
    not to slip.
(06:38 PM) <DM> Quenda takes 3 hp of damage, before the fire burns out or you
    scamper out of the flaming area.
(06:38 PM) <DM> Quenda scampers out to the west
(06:39 PM) <DM> and there you are....
(06:39 PM) <DM> LLLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(06:39 PM) <DM> LLLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(06:39 PM) <DM> LLLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(06:39 PM) <DM>           |    \___/ L
(06:39 PM) <DM> LLL__LLLLLLLL   ---- L
(06:39 PM) <DM>
(06:39 PM) > Flint closes the door after everyone is out.
(06:39 PM) <Mialee> Let's head west, shall we?
(06:40 PM) <DM> L  LLL/LLLLLLLL____LLLLLLLLL  LLLLLLL
(06:40 PM) <DM> L                                |
(06:40 PM) <DM>    LLL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL__LLLLLLLL
(06:40 PM) <DM>
(06:40 PM) <DM> the door to the south is ajar
(06:41 PM) <Flint> Is the room dark?
(06:41 PM) <Mialee> Is there anyone in that room that we can see?
(06:41 PM) <DM> yes and no
(06:41 PM) > Flint kicks the door open but does not enter.
(06:41 PM) <Quenda> I still have the torch
(06:41 PM) <Mialee> The door was already open. :)
(06:41 PM) <DM> This is a dorm room with 10 beds. Eight of the beds have small
    chests beside them.
(06:42 PM) <DM> LLLL____LLLLLLLLL  LLL
(06:42 PM) <DM>
(06:42 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLL__LLLLL
(06:42 PM) <DM> LLLLL H H H H    LLLLL
(06:42 PM) <DM> LLLLL H  14 H  aDLLLLL
(06:42 PM) <DM> LLLLL b cH LLLLLLLLLLL
(06:42 PM) <DM> LLLLL H  H LLLLLLLLLLL
(06:42 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(06:42 PM) <DM>
(06:42 PM) <DM> the 'H's are beds
(06:42 PM) <Mialee> Hm.  Goblin bunkhouse perhaps? :)
(06:43 PM) <Mialee> Let's ransack the chests. :)
(06:43 PM) <Flint> What are a,b, and c?
(06:43 PM) <DM> nevermind
(06:43 PM) <DM> In 1 of the chests there is a coffer with 2 small emeralds
    worth 135 gold pieces each.
(06:44 PM) <DM> There is also a desk in the NE corner
(06:44 PM) <Flint> Is D a desk?
(06:44 PM) > Mialee searches the desk.
(06:44 PM) <DM> On the desk there is a large, leatherbound book
(06:44 PM) > Quenda looks into other chests
(06:44 PM) > Mialee tries to read it.
(06:44 PM) <DM> it appears to be a Magical Tome of some kind.
(06:44 PM) > Mialee takes it.
(06:45 PM) <DM> You dont' find anything else
(06:45 PM) <DM> don't, even
(06:45 PM) <Mialee> I'm not sure this is a good place to rest.  Opinions?
(06:46 PM) <Quenda> I don't think this is a resting place
(06:47 PM) <Mialee> OK, let's head back out and go west.
(06:47 PM) <Flint> No
(06:47 PM) <Flint> No to resting that is.
(06:47 PM) <DM> L  LLL/LLLLLLLL____LLLLLLLLL
(06:47 PM) <DM> L
(06:47 PM) <DM>    LLL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL__L
(06:47 PM) <DM>
(06:47 PM) <Mialee> What's the deal with the intersection at the end of the
    hall; it's funny looking.
(06:47 PM) <Flint> Is that a double door to the north?
(06:48 PM) <DM> you head west, and see doors to the north, and a passage to the
    south
(06:48 PM) <DM> yes
(06:48 PM) <Mialee> Do we try the double doors or head south?
(06:48 PM) <Flint> Any design on the double door?
(06:48 PM) <DM> No design
(06:48 PM) <Quenda> is it locked
(06:49 PM) <DM> and there is a passage south  before the main NS passage
(06:49 PM) <Flint> Does it open out or in?
(06:49 PM) <DM> no it is not locked, that you can see
(06:49 PM) <DM> it opens in
(06:49 PM) <Flint> I say we open it.
(06:49 PM) <Mialee> Let's.
(06:50 PM) <Quenda> ok
(06:50 PM) > Mialee readies an arrow.
(06:50 PM) > Quenda arrow ready
(06:50 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(06:50 PM) <DM> L     39     LLL
(06:50 PM) <DM> L =========  LLL
(06:50 PM) <DM> L =========  LLL
(06:50 PM) <DM> L            LLL
(06:50 PM) <DM> LLLLL____LLLLLLL
(06:50 PM) <DM>
(06:50 PM) > Flint opens the Door.
(06:50 PM) <DM> This large room has a long table running down the middle of a
    with benches on either side.
(06:50 PM) <DM> There are several smaller tables and chairs scattered about in
    disarray. A few dishes and pieces of silverware can be seen on the tables.
(06:50 PM) <DM>
(06:50 PM) <Mialee> Interesting.
(06:50 PM) > Mialee searches the table for anything interesting.
(06:51 PM) <Flint> Dineing hall.
(06:51 PM) <DM>
(06:51 PM) <DM> middle of a = middle of it
(06:51 PM) <Mialee> Yeah.
(06:51 PM) <DM> looks like it
(06:51 PM) <Mialee> [ugh, I'm sorry, I need to take a nature break, afk]
*** (06:51 PM) <Mialee> is now known as <AFK-Mialee>
(06:51 PM) <DM> nothing interesting, or anything you'd want to eat
(06:51 PM) <DM> good idea.
(06:51 PM) <DM> bio break all around
*** (06:51 PM) <DM> is now known as <AFK-DM>
(06:51 PM) <Flint> What is the patern on the silverware?
(06:52 PM) <Flint> pattern
*** (06:53 PM) <Flint> is now known as <AFK-Flint>
*** (06:55 PM) <AFK-Flint> is now known as <Flint>
*** (06:55 PM) <AFK-DM> is now known as <DM>
(06:55 PM) <DM> no pattern on the silver
(06:56 PM) <Flint> Is it silver?
(06:57 PM) <DM> no
(06:57 PM) <Flint> Pewter?
(06:57 PM) <DM> not even
(06:57 PM) <DM> clay or tin, maybe
*** (06:57 PM) <AFK-Mialee> is now known as <Mialee>
(06:57 PM) <Mialee> Clunky crap that's better than the minions deserve? :)
(06:58 PM) <DM> yup
(06:58 PM) <Mialee> Not quite back yet, actually, ordering a pizza. :)
(06:59 PM) <Mialee> We can go ahead and play; I'm on hold.
(07:00 PM) <DM> ok
(07:00 PM) <DM> ZZZZzzzzz.....
(07:00 PM) <Mialee> OK...
(07:00 PM) <Mialee> I guess we're done in here.
(07:00 PM) <DM> Are you resting here, then?
(07:01 PM) <Mialee> I don't know that this is the best place to rest.
(07:01 PM) <Mialee> It's still sort of a community room.
(07:01 PM) <Mialee> We need to find something more out of the way.
(07:01 PM) <Quenda> no not here
(07:01 PM) <DM> L  LLL_LLLLLLLL____LLL
(07:01 PM) <DM> L
(07:01 PM) <DM>    LLL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(07:01 PM) <DM> L  LLL  LLLLLLLL H H H
(07:01 PM) <DM> L  LLL__LLLLLLLL H  14
(07:01 PM) <DM>
(07:01 PM) <DM> west, then?
*** (07:02 PM) <Flint> has left the room.
(07:02 PM) <Mialee> I think we should stick to the hallways and get farther
    away from the room we just fought in.
(07:02 PM) <Mialee> Whoops.
(07:02 PM) <Mialee> Any other opinions?
(07:03 PM) <Mialee> You know, from people that are actually here? :)
(07:03 PM) <DM> :)
(07:03 PM) <Quenda> lol sorry
(07:04 PM) <DM> BTW, you're in the hallway where you had your first firefight
    last time.  There are bodies scattered around the hall
(07:04 PM) <Mialee> This is where we had that running shootout on our way up
    there.
(07:04 PM) <DM> check
(07:05 PM) <Mialee> Let's head down to the south at the end of the hall.
(07:05 PM) <DM> ok, going south
(07:05 PM) <Quenda> ok
(07:05 PM) <DM> LLL  LLL_LLLLLLL
(07:05 PM) <DM> LLL
(07:05 PM) <DM>      LLL  LLLLLL
(07:05 PM) <DM>   L  LLL  LLLLLL
(07:05 PM) <DM> __L  LLL__LLLLLL
(07:05 PM) <DM>
(07:06 PM) <DM> You pass by an open room with cages in them
(07:06 PM) <DM> to the west
(07:06 PM) <Mialee> Hm.  What's in the cages?
(07:06 PM) <DM> This room 5 cages in it.
(07:06 PM) <DM> Are you going in?
(07:07 PM) <Quenda> sure let go in
(07:07 PM) <Mialee> I think we should move on.
(07:07 PM) <Mialee> Er... okay, let's go in.
(07:07 PM) <Quenda> lol
(07:07 PM) <DM> the first cage contains a Gorilla, pacing back and forth, and
    occasionally grunting.
(07:07 PM) <DM> The second cage is empty.
(07:07 PM) <DM> The 3rd cage has a full grown Griffon, chained to the wall.
(07:07 PM) <DM>
(07:07 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LL
(07:07 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(07:07 PM) <DM> LL  a |          LL
(07:07 PM) <DM> LL____|   11  L  LL
(07:07 PM) <DM> LL  b |_______L  LL
(07:07 PM) <DM> LL____|  | |  L  LL
(07:07 PM) <DM> LL     c |d|e L  LL
(07:08 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LL
(07:08 PM) <DM>
(07:08 PM) <DM> The 4th cage contains a Fledgling Griffon, barely out of the
    shell.
(07:08 PM) <DM> The last cage contains a mutant -- half man (torso) and half
    dog (head)
(07:08 PM) <DM>
(07:08 PM) <Mialee> Eeew.
(07:09 PM) <Quenda> shell we move on to the next area?
(07:09 PM) <Mialee> Yeah... let's keep heading south.
(07:09 PM) <Quenda> we still need to rest
(07:10 PM) <Mialee> Yeah
(07:10 PM) <Quenda> ok south we go
(07:10 PM) <DM> You are in the hallway through which you chased the goblin
    earlier
(07:11 PM) <DM> LLL  LLL
(07:11 PM) <DM> LLL
(07:11 PM) <DM>      LLL
(07:11 PM) <DM>   L  LLL
(07:11 PM) <DM> __L  LLL
(07:11 PM) <DM>   L  LLL
(07:11 PM) <DM> e L  LLL
(07:11 PM) <DM> LLL  LLL
(07:11 PM) <DM> LLL  LLL
(07:11 PM) <DM> LLL  LLL
(07:11 PM) <DM> LLL  LLL
(07:11 PM) <DM> LLL  LLL
(07:11 PM) <DM> LLL__LLL
(07:11 PM) <DM> LLL16LLL
(07:11 PM) <DM>
(07:11 PM) <DM> You see a sign on the door: "Death will quickly find those who
    venture past this point. --K. "
(07:11 PM) <DM> There is a pile of  large bricks, like a wall half built, in
    front of this door,
(07:11 PM) <DM>
(07:11 PM) <DM> the door is as you left it
(07:12 PM) <DM> open
(07:12 PM) <Mialee> Let's go on through.
*** (07:12 PM) <Flint> has entered the room.
(07:12 PM) <Mialee> There he is.
(07:12 PM) <DM> there is a hallway south, leading to a set of stairs to the
    west
(07:12 PM) <DM> Hi flint
(07:12 PM) <Flint> Had to do a Lobotomy on the computer.
(07:13 PM) <Mialee> Sledge? :)
(07:13 PM) <DM> let me try to catch you up
(07:13 PM) <Flint> Yes, sledge.
(07:15 PM) > Mialee waits for the DM to catch Flint up.
(07:16 PM) <DM> LLLLLLL   LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(07:16 PM) <DM> LL  LLLLLLLLL   LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL   H    LLL
(07:16 PM) <DM> LL  LLLLLLLLLL   LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL        LLL
(07:16 PM) <DM> LL  LLLLLLLLLLLL                   |  13    LLL
(07:16 PM) <DM> LL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LLLL     Da LLL
(07:16 PM) <DM> LL  LLLLLLLL     39
(07:16 PM) <DM> THAT DIDN'T work
(07:17 PM) <Flint> We went west from the dining hall?
(07:17 PM) <DM> LLLLLLL   LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(07:17 PM) <DM> LL  LLLLLLLLL   LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL   H    LLL
(07:17 PM) <DM> LL  LLLLLLLLLL   LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL        LLL
(07:17 PM) <DM> LL  LLLLLLLLLLLL                   |  13    LLL
(07:17 PM) <DM> LL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LLLL     Da LLL
(07:17 PM) <DM> LL  LLLLLLLL     39     LLLLL  LLLL h      LLL
(07:17 PM) <DM>     LLLLLLLL =========  LLLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(07:17 PM) <DM> LL  LLLLLLLL =========  LLLLL  LLLLL
(07:17 PM) <DM>  L  LLLLLLLL            LLLLL  LLLLLL
(07:17 PM) <DM> LL  LLL_LLLLLLLL____LLLLLLLLL  LLLLLL
(07:17 PM) <DM> LL                                |
(07:17 PM) <DM>     LLL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL__LLLL
(07:17 PM) <DM>  L  LLL  LLLLLLLL H H H H    LLLL
(07:17 PM) <DM> _L  LLL__LLLLLLLL H  14 H  aDLL
(07:17 PM) <DM>  L  LLLLLLLLLLLLL b cH LLLLLLLLLL
(07:17 PM) <DM>  L  LLLLLLLLLLLLL H  H LLLLLLLL
(07:17 PM) <DM> LL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(07:17 PM) <DM> LL  LLL
(07:17 PM) <DM> LL  LLL
(07:18 PM) <DM> LL  LLL
(07:18 PM) <DM> LL  LLL
(07:18 PM) <DM> LL__LLL
(07:18 PM) <DM> LL16LLL
(07:18 PM) <DM> LL  LLL
(07:18 PM) <DM> that's better
(07:18 PM) <DM> you went back whence you came, and are at the door leading
    downstairs
(07:18 PM) <Mialee> Let's head down the stairs.
(07:18 PM) <DM> You are at 16
(07:18 PM) <DM> You see a sign on the door: "Death will quickly find those who
    venture past this point. --K. "
(07:18 PM) <DM> There is a pile of  large bricks, like a wall half built, in
    front of this door,
(07:18 PM) <DM>
(07:19 PM) <Flint> Ambushe
(07:19 PM) <Mialee> We've been here before.
(07:19 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLL__LLL
(07:19 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLL16LLL
(07:19 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLL  LLL
(07:19 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLL  LLL
(07:19 PM) <DM>          LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLL  LLL
(07:19 PM) <DM> 18                 LLLLLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLL  LLL
(07:20 PM) <DM>          LLLLLLLL  LLLLLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLL  LLL
(07:20 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LLLLLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLL  LLL
(07:20 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LLLLLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLL  LLL
(07:20 PM) <Mialee> We've already gone through this thing.
(07:20 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LLLLLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLL  LLL
(07:20 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LLLLLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLL  LLL
(07:20 PM) <DM>                               [[[[[[[[[[  LLL
(07:20 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(07:20 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(07:20 PM) <DM> yes
(07:20 PM) <DM> you are now retracing your steps
(07:20 PM) <Mialee> Right, which was the idea.
(07:20 PM) <Mialee> Let's head up to 18.
(07:21 PM) <Flint> Didn't we rest there before?
(07:21 PM) <Mialee> Yeah, up there somewhere.
(07:21 PM) <DM> the [[[[[ are stairs down
(07:22 PM) <Mialee> OK, let's go down the stairs.
(07:22 PM) > Mialee nudges the people in front to move on.
(07:22 PM) <Flint> Ok, let's head down to 18.
(07:22 PM) <DM> Down here, the only light you have are the torches you carry
(07:22 PM) <Quenda> I have a torch
(07:22 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LLLLL
(07:22 PM) <DM> L             LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LLLLL
(07:22 PM) <DM> L    18                 LLLLLLL  LLLLL
(07:22 PM) <DM> L             LLLLLLLL  LLLLLLL  LLLLL
(07:22 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LLLLLLL  LLLLL
(07:22 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LLLLLLL  LLLLL
(07:22 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(07:23 PM) <Flint> Was this lit before?
(07:23 PM) <DM> no
(07:23 PM) <Mialee> I thought it was... hm.
(07:23 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLL
(07:23 PM) <DM> L             LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLL
(07:23 PM) <Flint> Is there a door to room 18?
(07:23 PM) <DM> L    18                 LLLLLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLL
(07:23 PM) <DM> L             LLLLLLLL  LLLLLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLL
(07:23 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LLLLLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLL
(07:23 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LLLLLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLL
(07:23 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LLLLLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLL
(07:23 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LLLLLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLL
(07:23 PM) <DM>                                    [[[[[[[[[[
(07:23 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(07:23 PM) <DM> no door to 18
(07:24 PM) <Mialee> 18 is the room with the walk-through wall on the west end.
(07:24 PM) <Quenda> what is in the room
(07:24 PM) <DM> The walls of this room are covered with mosaic patterns. The
    West wall has a tile painting of a magic user on a mountaintop casting a
    spell.
(07:25 PM) <Mialee> Let's see, on the other side of that walk-through wall is a
    passage... should we go through?
(07:26 PM) <DM> Quenda bombed, she'll be back in a sec
(07:27 PM) <Flint> Yes, this room is not secure.
(07:27 PM) > DM left a phone message for Jozan, in case he comes home tonight
    :)
(07:27 PM) <Mialee> :)
(07:28 PM) <Mialee> OK, let's go through the wall.
(07:28 PM) <DM> ok
(07:28 PM) <DM> LLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(07:28 PM) <DM> LLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(07:28 PM) <DM> LLLL  LL             LLLLL
(07:28 PM) <DM> LLLL  LL    18
(07:28 PM) <DM> LLLL  LL             LLLLL
(07:28 PM) <DM> LLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(07:28 PM) <DM>
(07:28 PM) <DM> north or south?
(07:28 PM) <Mialee> North.
(07:29 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL_L
(07:29 PM) <DM>                      |      L
(07:29 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  19  L
(07:29 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL      L
(07:29 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LLLLL
(07:29 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LLLLL
(07:29 PM) <DM>
(07:29 PM) <DM> LLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(07:29 PM) <DM> LLLL  LLLLLLLLLL
(07:29 PM) <DM> lemme try that again
(07:29 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL_L
(07:29 PM) <DM>                      |      L
(07:29 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  19  L
(07:29 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL      L
(07:29 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LLLLL
(07:29 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LLLLL
(07:29 PM) <DM>
(07:29 PM) <DM> LLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(07:29 PM) <DM> LLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(07:29 PM) <DM> LLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(07:29 PM) <DM> LLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(07:29 PM) <DM> LLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(07:29 PM) <DM> LLLL  LL             LLLLLLLL
(07:29 PM) <DM> LLLL  LL    18
(07:29 PM) <DM> LLLL  LL             LLLLLLLL
(07:29 PM) <DM> LLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(07:30 PM) <Mialee> Hm.  Do we head toward 19?
(07:30 PM) <DM> You are at the intersection to the northwest of 18
(07:30 PM) <DM> .2
*** Roll by DM: 1d20 -> 11
(07:30 PM) <DM>
*** (07:31 PM) <Quenda2> has entered the room.
(07:31 PM) <Mialee> Hi again, QUenda.
(07:31 PM) <Quenda2> I'm back
*** (07:31 PM) <Quenda> has left the room.
*** (07:32 PM) <Quenda2> is now known as <Quenda>
(07:32 PM) <Mialee> So do we head east at this intersection? :)
(07:33 PM) <Quenda> so what's going on
(07:33 PM) <Quenda> ?
(07:34 PM) <Quenda> Take charge Mialee I'll follow
(07:34 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL_LLLL  L
(07:34 PM) <DM>                      |      LLLL  L
(07:34 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  19  LLLL  L
(07:34 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL      LLLL
(07:34 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LLLLLLLLLLL
(07:35 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LLLLLLLLLLL
(07:35 PM) <DM>     X
(07:35 PM) <DM> LLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(07:35 PM) <DM> LLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(07:35 PM) <DM> LLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(07:35 PM) <DM> LLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(07:35 PM) <DM> LLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(07:35 PM) <DM> LLLL  LL             LLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(07:35 PM) <DM> LLLL  LL    18                 LLLL
(07:35 PM) <DM> LLLL  LL             LLLLLLLL  LLLL
(07:35 PM) <DM> LLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LLLL
(07:35 PM) <DM> you're at the X
(07:35 PM) > Mialee heads east.
(07:36 PM) <Quenda> .a follows
(07:36 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL_LLLL  L
(07:36 PM) <DM>                      |      LLLL  L
(07:36 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  19  LLLL  L
(07:36 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL      LLLL
(07:36 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LLLLLLLLLLL
(07:36 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LLLLLLLLLLL
(07:36 PM) <DM>                       X
(07:36 PM) <DM> LLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(07:36 PM) <DM> LLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(07:36 PM) <DM> LLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(07:36 PM) <DM> LLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(07:36 PM) <DM> LLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(07:36 PM) <DM> LLLL  LL             LLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(07:36 PM) <DM> LLLL  LL    18                 LLLL
(07:36 PM) <DM> LLLL  LL             LLLLLLLL  LLLL
(07:36 PM) <Mialee> Have we been in 19?
(07:36 PM) <DM> LLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LLLL
(07:37 PM) <DM> yes
(07:37 PM) <Mialee> OK, let's go in there; I think I recall where we are now.
(07:37 PM) <Mialee> I think we slept just north of the northern door in 19.
(07:37 PM) <Mialee> I think that'd be a good spot to sleep again.
(07:37 PM) <DM> It's close to where you holed up the first time
(07:38 PM) > Mialee goes into the room.
(07:38 PM) <Mialee> Anything different since we left?
(07:38 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(07:38 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(07:38 PM) <DM> LLL    LLLLLLLLLLLLL
(07:38 PM) <DM> LL  20          LLLL
(07:38 PM) <DM> LLL    LLLLLLL  LLLL
(07:38 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLL_LLLL
(07:38 PM) <DM>          |      LLLL
(07:38 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLL  19  LLLL
(07:38 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLL      LLLL
(07:38 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLL  LLLLLLLL
(07:39 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLL  LLLLLLLL
(07:39 PM) <DM>
(07:39 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(07:39 PM) <DM> No
(07:39 PM) > Mialee opens the northern door.
(07:39 PM) <DM> and sees a short passage to the north
(07:39 PM) > Mialee goes through the door.
(07:40 PM) <Mialee> Let's all pile into this hallway.
(07:40 PM) <Quenda>  lets try that room
(07:40 PM) <DM> and enters an empty passage
(07:40 PM) > Mialee closes the door behind the group.
(07:40 PM) <DM> ok
(07:40 PM) <Mialee> This is where we bunked down last time, more or less.
(07:40 PM) <DM> all seems secure
(07:40 PM) <DM> exactly
(07:40 PM) <Mialee> This time, we're playing it smart and posting a watch.
(07:40 PM) <DM> Flint, you still there?
(07:40 PM) <Quenda> do I need to stay up and keep watch?
(07:41 PM) <Mialee> Tell you what... I'll take first watch; that way I can get
    uninterrupted sleep to recover spells.
(07:41 PM) <Quenda> okay
(07:41 PM) <Quenda> zzzzzz
(07:42 PM) <Mialee> Jozan will take second watch, etc.
(07:42 PM) <DM> yah, and given the absence of said parties, this might be a
    good time for us to rest, as well
(07:43 PM) <DM> I should have sent a reminder email out...
(07:43 PM) <Mialee> Yeah, I think that might be a good idea.  This isn't going
    very well with people missing.
(07:44 PM) <DM> Ok, I'll post a synopsis of activities, and we can try again
    next week
(07:44 PM) <DM> ,
(07:45 PM) <Mialee> okay.
(07:45 PM) <Mialee> Seeyall then.
(07:45 PM) <Mialee> My food just got here anyway. :)
(07:45 PM) <Mialee> Be back on in A2 in a while.
(07:45 PM) <DM> Is saturday better for you than friday?
(07:45 PM) <Mialee> Saturday works for me.
(07:45 PM) <DM> ok, good
*** (07:45 PM) <Mialee> has left the room.
(07:45 PM) <Quenda> It's better for me!
(07:45 PM) <DM> see ya
*** (07:45 PM) <DM> has left the room.
(07:46 PM) <Quenda> bye and good nigth!
*** (07:46 PM) <Quenda> has left the room.





   ___                                 __  __        __     __
  / _ \__ _____  ___ ____ ___  ___    / / / /__  ___/ /__ _/ /____
 / // / // / _ \/ _ `/ -_) _ \/ _ \  / /_/ / _ \/ _  / _ `/ __/ -_)
/____/\_,_/_//_/\_, /\__/\___/_//_/  \____/ .__/\_,_/\_,_/\__/\__/
               /___/                     /_/

In the dim light of a single candle, the tired adventurers checked their equipment carefully, ensuring that weapons and armor would be ready the next time they were needed, before laying down to rest in the cramped hallway.  

Flint bent to the task of calling on his Deity to heal himself, Quenda and Jozan before settling in to rest his body and spirit. 
 
Dalwin awakened the rest of the party at the end of his watch, and the group held a quick conference.  Realizing that they had been inside Karak's keep for approximately 22 hours, they discussed their next move.  

All were well rested, (after all, it had only been 4-5 hours since their last rest period, even though there had been some vicious fighting in between) and ready to take on the day.  Spell casters have had the time to memorize and/or pray for spells.  

Quenda notes to the rest of the party that if they were to assume that Karak had taken his army to the nearest town (Hillsview) to attack, extort tithings, or whatever, then it would take the army at least 1 day to get there, and one day to get back, and some period of time to do their dirty work.  

Hence, Quenda reasons, they should be expecting the return of Karak and his minions some time in the next 24-36 hours.  Of course, if Hillsview were _not_ the target, but some village further away, they could be longer. 


_________________________________________________________________________
DM's Note:  Current Hit points are:
Quenda	Mialee	Flint	Jozan	Dalwin	Thror	Rollo
15	11	15	17	8	12	7	Current
23	11	15	17	8	12	9	Original


Let me remind you that the maps are in message 72 of this topic. 

See you all on Saturday the 2d, at 8PM eastern (I'll try to be there a bit early in case anyone has questions.)


____   __          _ _
 ||he  ||)ungeon  //\/\aster



========================
February 02, 2002
========================
   ___                                 __  __        __     __
  / _ \__ _____  ___ ____ ___  ___    / / / /__  ___/ /__ _/ /____
 / // / // / _ \/ _ `/ -_) _ \/ _ \  / /_/ / _ \/ _  / _ `/ __/ -_)
/____/\_,_/_//_/\_, /\__/\___/_//_/  \____/ .__/\_,_/\_,_/\__/\__/
               /___/                     /_/

In the dim light of a single candle, the tired adventurers checked their
equipment carefully, ensuring that weapons and armor would be ready the next
time they were needed, before laying down to rest in the cramped hallway.

Flint bent to the task of calling on his Deity to heal himself, Quenda and
Jozan before settling in to rest his body and spirit.

Dalwin awakened the rest of the party at the end of his watch, and the group
held a quick conference.  Realizing that they had been inside Karak's keep for
approximately 22 hours, they discussed their next move.

All were well rested, (after all, it had only been 4-5 hours since their last
rest period, even though there had been some vicious fighting in between) and
ready to take on the day.  Spell casters have had the time to memorize and/or
pray for spells.

Quenda notes to the rest of the party that if they were to assume that Karak
had taken his army to the nearest town (Hillsview) to attack, extort tithings,
or whatever, then it would take the army at least 1 day to get there, and one
day to get back, and some period of time to do their dirty work.

Hence, Quenda reasons, they should be expecting the return of Karak and his
minions some time in the next 24-36 hours.  Of course, if Hillsview were _not_
the target, but some village further away, they could be longer.

(05:04 PM) <DM> Clerics have the opportunity to memorize spells; let me know
    what you're memorizing
(05:04 PM) > Mialee isn't a cleric, and begins to worry.
(05:04 PM) <DM> you can let me know privately if you wish
(05:05 PM) <Jozlan> ummm whatever I memorized last time :)
(05:05 PM) <Jozlan> 3 cure light, silence, freeze enemies I think
(05:06 PM) <DM> hold person  :)
(05:06 PM) <Jozlan> :)
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d20 -> 15
(05:06 PM) <Quenda> just testing
*** (05:06 PM) <Dave> has entered the room.
(05:07 PM) <Mialee> Hi Dave.
(05:07 PM) <DM> Joz, you also have a Spiritual Hammer, then
(05:07 PM) <Quenda> Hello Dave
(05:07 PM) <DM> Hi Dave
(05:07 PM) <Dave> hello
(05:07 PM) <Flint> lol...the pre-game dice warm ups.
(05:07 PM) <Flint> Hello Dave.
(05:07 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(05:07 PM) <DM> LL    LLLLLLLLLLLL
(05:07 PM) <DM> L  20       X  LLL
(05:07 PM) <DM> LL    LLLLLLL  LLL
(05:07 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLL_LLL
(05:07 PM) <DM>         |      LLL
(05:07 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLL  19  LLL
(05:07 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLL      LLL
(05:07 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLL  LLLLLLL
(05:07 PM) <DM>
(05:07 PM) <DM>
(05:07 PM) <DM> You all are at the X, refreshed, and ready to go.
(05:08 PM) <Jozlan> for the record, If I miss a get together, go on without me
    :)
(05:09 PM) <Flint> Where do we go from here?
(05:09 PM) <Mialee> Hang on, I want to try to read some of the magical texts
    I've collected along the way here.
(05:09 PM) <Jozlan> DM, who is in our party still?
(05:10 PM) <Flint> Back upstairs or continue to explore down here?
(05:10 PM) <Mialee> Let's stay down here, I think, finish our exploring down
    this way.
(05:10 PM) <DM> QuendaMialeeFlintJozanDalwinThrorRollo
(05:10 PM) <DM> Mialee sits down and starts reading:
(05:11 PM) <DM> I think I told you you picked up the same book twice
(05:11 PM) > Flint prays.
(05:12 PM) <Mialee> I'll take your word for it if I should only have two books.
    :)
(05:12 PM) <Mialee> Along with six scrolls.
(05:12 PM) <DM> hang on folks, while Mialee concentrates  :)
(05:13 PM) > Mialee concentrates.
(05:14 PM) > Quenda cleaning longsword
(05:15 PM) > Flint prays.
(05:16 PM) <DM> Yes, and you can't possibly do that in the dungeon
(05:16 PM) <DM> oops
(05:17 PM) <Mialee> :)
(05:17 PM) <Mialee> Right, I figured that.
(05:17 PM) > Mialee stands up.
(05:17 PM) <Mialee> I'm ready to go.
(05:17 PM) > Flint finishes praying.
(05:18 PM) <Jozlan> I'm ready
(05:18 PM) <Quenda> me too!
(05:18 PM) <Flint> Shall we finish exploring down here then?
(05:18 PM) <Mialee> Yes, let's.
(05:19 PM) <Flint> Which way would you like to go?
(05:19 PM) <Jozlan> let's roll
(05:19 PM) <Mialee> Lead forth, I'll go wherever.
(05:19 PM) <Mialee> Does anyone happen to have spare arrows?  I'm down to
    seven.
(05:20 PM) <Quenda> I have ten
(05:21 PM) <Mialee> Okay, I'll make do with the seven.
(05:21 PM) <Mialee> Let's go!
(05:21 PM) <Flint> I suggest a maching order of: Flint, Quenda, Mialee, Dalwin,
    Rollo, Thror, Jozlan.
(05:22 PM) <Jozlan> fine with me
(05:22 PM) <Mialee> Sounds good.
(05:22 PM) <Quenda> I'll cover you anytime I can.
(05:22 PM) <Flint> >> marching order
(05:22 PM) <DM> Sounds good.  Since you're in front Flint, you give general
    directions
(05:23 PM) <DM> if anyone is not following, just use the .act command
(05:23 PM) <DM> rather /act  :)
(05:23 PM) <Flint> What '.act' command?
(05:23 PM) <Flint> ok
(05:23 PM) <DM> it should be /act
(05:24 PM) > Mialee pokes Flint.
(05:24 PM) <Mialee> Let's go! :)
(05:24 PM) > Flint leads south to room #19.
(05:24 PM) > Quenda walking behind Mialee
(05:24 PM) <DM> This room is littered with junk; a broken jar, battered bench,
    busted chair, pile of rags in the corner.
(05:25 PM) <DM> last time you found a scrap of burnt parchment here
(05:25 PM) > Quenda gets arrows ready
(05:25 PM) > Mialee doesn't want to have to poke Flint again.
(05:26 PM) <Flint> Have we searched this room completely?
(05:26 PM) <DM> yes
(05:26 PM) <Mialee> Yeah.  The parchment was in the pile of rags, IIRC.
(05:26 PM) <Quenda> ok then lets move to the next room
(05:27 PM) <DM> Should I send my 'familiar' to get the map of this level that
    you've covered so far?
(05:27 PM) > Mialee hums quietly an ancient Elvish tune.
(05:27 PM) <Mialee> That may be helpful :)
(05:28 PM) <NoteTaker> brb
(05:35 PM) <Mialee> Need to head down that long corridor and head west.
(05:35 PM) <Jozlan> ok
(05:36 PM) > Mialee pokes Flint again.
(05:36 PM) <Quenda> hey lets go, I'll follow
(05:36 PM) <Jozlan> let'd goo
(05:37 PM) > Mialee sighs.
(05:37 PM) <Mialee> Flint, wake up.
(05:37 PM) <Jozlan> He's probably at adisco party :/
(05:37 PM) <Quenda> ok follow me to the south
(05:37 PM) <Mialee> Okay.
(05:38 PM) > Mialee follows Quenda.
(05:38 PM) > Quenda goes south the west
(05:38 PM) > Quenda then west around the corner
(05:39 PM) <Quenda> lets go into room 35
(05:39 PM) <Mialee> Okay.
(05:39 PM) <Quenda> what do we see?
(05:39 PM) <DM> This wide hallway has a rotted rug on the floor and a mural
    painted on the west wall of a great battle.
(05:40 PM) > Jozlan looks under the rug
(05:40 PM) <DM> cockroaches fly from underneath it
(05:40 PM) > Quenda ready with arrow
(05:40 PM) <DM> lots of dust
(05:40 PM) <Jozlan> sny enron papers?
(05:40 PM) <DM> Of course, you notice the double doors on the south wall
(05:41 PM) <Quenda> let open it
(05:41 PM) <Quenda> lets open it
(05:41 PM) > Jozlan looks at the mural
*** (05:41 PM) <Flint3> has entered the room.
*** (05:41 PM) <Flint> has left the room.
*** (05:41 PM) <Flint2> has left the room.
(05:41 PM) > Quenda try to open the door
(05:41 PM) <DM> Joz-- big battle scene
(05:41 PM) > Mialee readies an arrow
*** (05:41 PM) <Flint3> is now known as <Flint>
(05:42 PM) <DM> Quenda, roll d6
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d6 -> 3
(05:42 PM) <DM> The doors swing open, to reveal a long, wide, empty hallway to
    the south
(05:42 PM) <DM> LL  35  L
(05:42 PM) <DM> LL      L
(05:42 PM) <DM> LL      L
(05:42 PM) <DM> LL____
(05:42 PM) <DM> LL    LLL
(05:42 PM) <DM> LL    LLL
(05:42 PM) <DM> LL    LLL
(05:43 PM) <DM> LL    LLL
(05:43 PM) <DM> LL    LLL
(05:43 PM) <DM> LL    LLL
(05:43 PM) <DM> LL    LLL
(05:43 PM) <DM> LL    LLL
(05:43 PM) <DM> LL    LLL
(05:43 PM) <DM> LL    LLL
(05:43 PM) <DM> LL    LLL
(05:43 PM) > Quenda gets her arrow ready
(05:43 PM) <Mialee> Flint, want to take the lead again?
(05:43 PM) > Quenda walking down the hall
(05:44 PM) > Mialee thinks Flint needs a new ISP.
(05:44 PM) > Jozlan walking down the hall
(05:44 PM) > Mialee keeps following Quenda.
(05:44 PM) <Jozlan> or a new Marinetti
*** (05:44 PM) <Flint2> has entered the room.
(05:44 PM) <Mialee> Radical thinking won't get you anywhere, Jozlan.
*** (05:44 PM) <Flint> has left the room.
(05:44 PM) <Mialee> reFlint
(05:44 PM) <DM> You get to an intersection with a door on the west
*** (05:44 PM) <Flint2> is now known as <Flint>
(05:45 PM) <DM> L    LLL
(05:45 PM) <DM> L    LLL
(05:45 PM) <DM> L    LLL
(05:45 PM) <DM> L    LLL
(05:45 PM) <DM> |
(05:45 PM) <DM> L    LLL
(05:45 PM) <DM> L    LLL
(05:45 PM) <DM> L    LLL
(05:45 PM) <DM> LL  LLLL
(05:45 PM) <DM> LL  LLLL
(05:45 PM) <DM> LLL  LLL
(05:45 PM) <DM> LL  LLLL
(05:45 PM) <DM> LLL  LLL
(05:45 PM) <DM> LLLL  LL
(05:45 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLL
(05:45 PM) <DM>
(05:45 PM) <Mialee> Let's try the door.
(05:45 PM) > Quenda is trying to open the door on the west side
(05:45 PM) <Mialee> Flint, care to do the honors, or are you MIA again already?
    :)
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d6 -> 4
(05:46 PM) <Flint> Or we could try to search the tunnel to the south.
(05:46 PM) <DM> with a grunt, Quenda opens the door, which squeals in protest
(05:46 PM) <Mialee> Too late. :)
(05:46 PM) <DM> LLLLLL  LLLL
(05:46 PM) <DM> LLLLLL  LLLL
(05:46 PM) <DM> LLLLLL  LLLL
(05:46 PM) <DM> LLL        |
(05:46 PM) <DM> LLL  L  LLLL
(05:46 PM) <DM> LL  LL  LLLL
(05:46 PM) <DM> L  LLL  LLLL
(05:46 PM) <DM>
(05:47 PM) <DM> 4 way intersection
*** Roll by DM: 1d20 -> 11
(05:47 PM) <Mialee> Lead on, Flint.
(05:48 PM) <Mialee> Or Quenda, that's fine too. :)
(05:48 PM) <Jozlan> maybe I should klea
*** (05:48 PM) <Flint2> has entered the room.
(05:48 PM) > Quenda is behind with arrow ready to fire
(05:48 PM) <Mialee> reFlint
(05:48 PM) <Mialee> Someone other than Flint needs to just permanently take the
    lead. :)
(05:48 PM) <DM> I can't argue with that
(05:49 PM) <Mialee> Quenda, pick a direction and let's go :)
(05:49 PM) <Quenda> ok south we go
(05:49 PM) <DM> LLLL  LLL
(05:49 PM) <DM> LLLL  LLL
(05:49 PM) <DM> L
(05:49 PM) <DM> L  L  LLL
(05:49 PM) <DM>   LL  LLL
(05:49 PM) <DM>  LLL  LLL
(05:49 PM) <DM> LLLL  LLL
(05:49 PM) > Quenda walks south
(05:49 PM) <DM> LLLL  LLL
(05:49 PM) <DM> LLLL__LLL
(05:49 PM) <DM>
(05:50 PM) <DM> you come to a stout wooden door
(05:50 PM) <Mialee> Well, let's see if we can open it.
(05:50 PM) <Quenda> shell we open this one?
(05:50 PM) > Jozlan listens to the door
(05:50 PM) <DM> joz doesn't hear anything behind the door
(05:50 PM) > Mialee opens the door.
(05:51 PM) <DM> roll d6
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d6 -> 6
*** (05:51 PM) <SCHNORENBERG> has entered the room.
(05:51 PM) <DM> Mialee can't quite get it open
(05:51 PM) <Quenda> let me try
(05:51 PM) > Mialee pouts.
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d6 -> 4
*** (05:51 PM) <SCHNORENBERG> is now known as <Flint3>
(05:52 PM) <DM> The door is a little stiff, but opens into a small room
(05:52 PM) <DM> LLLLLLL  LL
(05:52 PM) <DM> LLLL
(05:52 PM) <DM> LLLL  L  LL
(05:52 PM) <DM> LLL  LL  LL
(05:52 PM) <DM> LL  LLL  LL
(05:52 PM) <DM> L  LLLL  LL
(05:52 PM) <DM>   LLLLL  LL
(05:52 PM) <DM>  LLLLLL__LL
(05:52 PM) <DM> LLL  24  LL
(05:52 PM) <DM> LLL      LL
(05:52 PM) <DM>
(05:52 PM) <DM>  LLLLL  LL
(05:52 PM) <DM> LLLLLL__LL
(05:52 PM) <DM> LL  24  LL
(05:52 PM) <DM> LL      LL
(05:52 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLL
(05:52 PM) <DM>
(05:52 PM) <DM> this room is small, has a broken stool in one corner, and
    chains on the walls
(05:53 PM) > Jozlan examines the chains
(05:53 PM) > Mialee examines the stool.
(05:53 PM) <DM> the chains are manacles
(05:53 PM) <Flint3> \searches the floor.
(05:53 PM) > Quenda looks at chains
(05:53 PM) <DM> the stool has a broken leg
(05:53 PM) <DM> the manacles are pretty rusty
(05:54 PM) <DM> the door has a steel bar on the inside
(05:54 PM) <Mialee> Not much to see in here.
(05:54 PM) <Quenda> anything on the ceiling?
(05:54 PM) <Jozlan> let s look elsewhere
(05:54 PM) <DM> nothing on the ceiling, no
(05:54 PM) <Mialee> Odd to have the bar on the inside of a room that otherwise
    looks like a cell of some kind.
(05:54 PM) > Mialee examines the walls.
(05:54 PM) > Flint3 searches the floor.
(05:55 PM) > Quenda picks up the chair
(05:55 PM) <DM> it is light, and made of wood
(05:56 PM) <Flint3> Any thing about the floor?
(05:56 PM) <DM> nothing interesting on the floor
(05:56 PM) > Quenda drops the chair on the floor and pulls on the chain
(05:56 PM) <Mialee> How about the walls?
(05:56 PM) <DM> pulling hard?
(05:57 PM) <DM> walls are dry, dusty stone
(05:57 PM) <Quenda> yeah with all I have
(05:57 PM) <DM> Quenda pulls one of the chains right out of the wall,
    scattering dust and stones all about
(05:57 PM) <Mialee> Hm.
(05:58 PM) <Quenda> That's it?
(05:58 PM) <Jozlan> how long is the chain
(05:58 PM) <Jozlan> ?
(05:58 PM) <DM> 2 ft
(05:58 PM) <DM> and rusty
(05:58 PM) <Mialee> Can we see anything in the hole left by pulling the chain
    from the wall?
(05:58 PM) <DM> no
(05:58 PM) <Quenda> I think it's time to move on!
(05:58 PM) <Mialee> Yeah.
(05:58 PM) <Mialee> But let's keep this room in mind as a possible resting
    place.
(05:58 PM) <Quenda> follow me to the north
(05:59 PM) <Mialee> Let's roll.
(05:59 PM) <DM> LL__LLLLLL
(05:59 PM) <DM> L        L
(05:59 PM) <DM> L        L
(05:59 PM) <DM> L    27  L
(05:59 PM) <DM> L        L
(05:59 PM) <DM> L        L
(05:59 PM) <DM> LLLLL  LLL
(05:59 PM) <DM> LLLLL  LLL
(05:59 PM) <DM> LLLLL  LLL
(05:59 PM) <DM> LL
(05:59 PM) <DM> LL  L  LLL
(05:59 PM) <DM> L  LL  LLL
(05:59 PM) <DM>
(05:59 PM) <DM> you come into a big room, that looks as empty as the one you
    just left
(06:00 PM) > Mialee listens at the door in the north wall.
(06:00 PM) > Quenda toudhing the walls
(06:00 PM) <DM> the walls are solid stone
(06:00 PM) > Mialee feels the door.
(06:01 PM) <DM> wooden door,
(06:01 PM) <DM> a litle bit of rot setting in
(06:01 PM) <Mialee> Shall we?
(06:01 PM) <Mialee> Rot?
(06:01 PM) <Mialee> Is the door damp at all?
(06:01 PM) <DM> normal rot
(06:01 PM) <Jozlan> lets
(06:01 PM) <DM> as in, very old
(06:01 PM) <Mialee> OK
(06:02 PM) <Mialee> Let's do it.  Who would like to open it?
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d6 -> 1
(06:02 PM) <DM> The door swings open easily
(06:02 PM) <DM> LLL
(06:02 PM) <DM> LLL   L
(06:02 PM) <DM> LLL  LL
(06:02 PM) <DM> LLL  LL
(06:02 PM) <DM> LLL  LL
(06:02 PM) <DM> LLL  LL
(06:02 PM) <DM> LLL  LL
(06:02 PM) <DM> LL   LL
(06:02 PM) > Quenda arrow in hand
(06:02 PM) <DM> L    LL
(06:02 PM) <DM>   L  LL
(06:02 PM) <DM>  LL  LL
(06:02 PM) <DM> LLL  LL
(06:02 PM) <DM> LLL__LL
(06:02 PM) <DM>
*** (06:03 PM) <Flint3> has left the room.
(06:03 PM) <Mialee> Gosh, think we should go north? :)
(06:03 PM) <Quenda> looking down the hall carefully
(06:04 PM) > Quenda moving to the entersection
(06:05 PM) > Quenda looking to the SW
(06:05 PM) > Quenda arrow is ready
(06:05 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLL
(06:05 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLL  L
(06:05 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLL  L
(06:05 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLL  L
(06:05 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLL  L
(06:05 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLL  L
(06:05 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLL   L
(06:05 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLL    L
(06:05 PM) <DM> LLLLLLL  L  L
(06:05 PM) <DM> LLLLLL  LL  L
(06:05 PM) <DM> LLLLL  LLL  L
(06:05 PM) <DM> LLLL  LLLL__L
(06:05 PM) <DM> LLL  LLLL
(06:05 PM) <DM> LL  LLLLL
(06:05 PM) <DM>     LLLLL
(06:05 PM) <DM>
(06:06 PM) <Mialee> Southwest now?
(06:06 PM) <Quenda> yes
(06:06 PM) > Quenda moving southwest
*** (06:07 PM) <Flint> has left the room.
(06:07 PM) <DM> You enter a 40x40 foot room with a door in each of the nw and
    sw corners...
(06:08 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLL  L
(06:08 PM) <DM> LLLL LLLLLL  LL
(06:08 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLL  LLL
(06:08 PM) <DM> LLL__LLLL  LLLL
(06:08 PM) <DM> LLL        LLLL
(06:08 PM) <DM> LLL   28   LLLL
(06:08 PM) <DM> LLL        LLLL
(06:08 PM) <DM> LLL_       LLLL
(06:08 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(06:08 PM) <DM> On the western wall of this room you see 2 doors 1 in the north
    and 1 in the South. Standing in front of each door is a life-size statue a
    man. The statues are dressed as guards. There is a 2 ft. high pedestal in
    the middle of the room.
(06:08 PM) > Mialee examines the pedestal.
(06:09 PM) > Jozlan listens to the doors
(06:09 PM) <DM> As you approach the pedestal and iron gate crashers down behind
    you sealing you in this room.
(06:09 PM) <DM> darn, viavoice typo
(06:09 PM) <Mialee> Doh.
(06:10 PM) <DM> As you approach the pedestal an iron gate crashes down behind
    you sealing you in this room.
(06:10 PM) <DM>  You find the following inscription on the top of the pedestal:
(06:10 PM) > Jozlan examines the floor in front of the pedestal
(06:11 PM) <DM>  You find the following inscription on the top of the pedestal:
(06:11 PM) <DM> "One will never speaks the truth
(06:11 PM) <DM> And one will never lie
(06:11 PM) <DM> There is a question you can ask
(06:11 PM) <DM> To know which door to try.
(06:11 PM) <DM> One question you may ask of One
(06:11 PM) <DM> But one and only one.
(06:11 PM) <DM> The wrong door a
(06:11 PM) <DM> The wrong door and your party dies
(06:11 PM) <DM> The right one is where freedom lies."
(06:11 PM) <DM>
(06:11 PM) <DM> Joz, there is nothing in front of the pedastal
(06:11 PM) <Mialee> Okay, I should know this one. :)
(06:12 PM) <Jozlan> ask each one if they are lying? :)
(06:12 PM) <Jozlan> hmm they'd both say no :)
(06:12 PM) <DM> One question you may ask of _One_
(06:12 PM) <Mialee> Right, you can only ask one question.
(06:12 PM) <DM> You only get one question
(06:13 PM) <Jozlan> if we ask one which statue is the liar...
(06:13 PM) <Jozlan> oops, woul;dn't work
(06:13 PM) <Mialee> Why not?
(06:13 PM) <Jozlan> both would say the other is a liar
*** (06:14 PM) <Flint2> has left the room.
(06:14 PM) <Mialee> Actually, what you ask is, "Is the other statue the liar?"
(06:14 PM) <DM> how does that help you figure out which door to take?  :)
(06:14 PM) <Mialee> If they say yes, you know you're safe.
(06:14 PM) <Mialee> Oh.
(06:14 PM) <Jozlan> noth would say yes :)
(06:14 PM) <Mialee> OK, this is a different puzzle than I'm used to.
*** (06:15 PM) <Flint> has entered the room.
(06:15 PM) <DM> IOW the liar might be in front of the correct door
(06:15 PM) <Jozlan> maybe we should just ask 'what's 1+1' :)
(06:15 PM) <Mialee> Heh
(06:15 PM) <Mialee> But that won't help either... we're not trying to find the
    liar, we're trying to find the right door.
(06:15 PM) <Jozlan> hmmm
(06:15 PM) <Mialee> Of course, "Is the other door the safe one?" may do it.
(06:16 PM) <Mialee> Hm, no.
(06:16 PM) <Flint> Let me guess, 2 doors, 2 people, one always lies and one
    tells the truth.
(06:16 PM) <Mialee> Yeah.
(06:16 PM) <Mialee> I should know this one, but I can't remember the correct
    question to ask. :)
(06:17 PM) <Jozlan> me too
(06:17 PM) > Quenda looking at the gate and trying to lift it
(06:17 PM) <Jozlan> would you be lying if you said this door was safe?
(06:18 PM) <DM> quenda, roll d20
(06:18 PM) <DM> err, roll d100
(06:18 PM) > Flint asks the one on the left
(06:18 PM) <Jozlan> I wouldnt ask yet
(06:18 PM) <Mialee> I wouldn't either. :)
(06:18 PM) <Mialee> We only get one try.
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d100 -> 5
(06:18 PM) <Jozlan> I don't think it will tell us anything
(06:19 PM) <Flint> if I ask the other one which way to choose, which will he
    indicate?
(06:19 PM) <DM> With a grunt and a groan, Quenda manages to raise the gate
    behind you a foot and a half off the floor
(06:19 PM) <DM> but she is straining....
(06:20 PM) <Mialee> Not sure I want to chance that.
(06:20 PM) > Flint assists Quenda to lift the grate.
(06:20 PM) <Quenda> is there anythink to hold up the gate?
(06:20 PM) <DM> with Flint's help, she can hold it
(06:20 PM) <Mialee> But we can't all get out that way.
(06:20 PM) <DM> There is a 2 ft. high pedestal in the middle of the room.
(06:21 PM) > Mialee tries to shove the pedestal and put it under the gate.
(06:21 PM) <Quenda> Mialee get the pedestal
(06:21 PM) <DM> the other dwarves pitch in, and you manage to get it under the
    gate
*** (06:21 PM) <Dave> has left the room.
(06:21 PM) <Mialee> Voila.
(06:21 PM) > Mialee rolls under the gate.
(06:22 PM) <Quenda> safe way is back the way we came
(06:22 PM) <DM> Flint, in case you were out at the time:
(06:22 PM) <DM>  You find the following inscription on the top of the pedestal:
(06:22 PM) <DM> "One will never speaks the truth
(06:22 PM) <DM> And one will never lie
(06:22 PM) <DM> There is a question you can ask
(06:22 PM) <DM> To know which door to try.
(06:22 PM) <DM>
(06:22 PM) <DM> One question you may ask of _One_
(06:22 PM) <DM> But one and only one.
(06:22 PM) <DM> The wrong door and your party dies
(06:22 PM) <DM> The right one is where freedom lies."
(06:22 PM) <DM>
(06:22 PM) <DM>
(06:22 PM) > Jozlan looks at the statues
(06:22 PM) <DM> They appear to be made of carved wood
(06:23 PM) <DM> but they have real clothes and armor on
(06:23 PM) <DM> they are each holding a spear
(06:24 PM) <Jozlan> are they identical looking?
(06:24 PM) <Quenda> shall we take the spears
(06:24 PM) <DM> yes, they are identical
(06:24 PM) > Quenda taking the spears
(06:25 PM) <Quenda> giving one to Mailee
(06:25 PM) <Quenda> Mialee
*** (06:25 PM) <Flint2> has entered the room.
(06:25 PM) <Quenda> where are you/
(06:25 PM) <DM> Is everyone going back under the gate?
(06:26 PM) <Mialee> Flint is right.  The question to ask either one is "Which
    door would the other one tell me to go through to get to safety?" Then we
    go through the other one.
(06:26 PM) <Mialee> I went back under the gate, but I'm sure that's the correct
    question.
(06:26 PM) > Mialee goes back inside the gate.
(06:27 PM) <Mialee> If you guys all want to go back the other side of the gate,
    I'll ask the question and open the door.
(06:27 PM) <Quenda> Well lets try it!
(06:27 PM) <Mialee> Are we agreed, shall I ask the question now?
(06:27 PM) <DM> is everyone out or in?
(06:28 PM) <Mialee> I'm in.
(06:28 PM) <Quenda> ok with me
(06:28 PM) <Jozlan> great :)
(06:28 PM) <Mialee> Anyone want to go to the other side of the gate before I
    ask?
(06:28 PM) <Jozlan> we can reopen the gate later
(06:28 PM) > Mialee asks the southern statue, "Which door would the other
    statue tell me to go through to get to safety?"
(06:29 PM) <DM> just a sec
*** (06:29 PM) <Flint2> has left the room.
(06:30 PM) <DM> The statue slowly intones:   "North"
(06:30 PM) > Mialee opens the southern door.
(06:30 PM) <DM> Upon opening the southern door, you see a small cave with a
    tunnel leading to the west.
(06:30 PM) <Mialee> Who wants to lead? :)
(06:31 PM) <DM> LLLLL__LLL
(06:31 PM) <DM> LLLLL
(06:31 PM) <DM> LLLLL   28
(06:31 PM) <DM> LLLLL
(06:31 PM) <DM> LLLLL_
(06:31 PM) <DM> LLLLL LLLL
(06:31 PM) <DM> LLLL    LL
(06:31 PM) <DM> LLL 28a  L
(06:31 PM) <DM> LLL    LLL
(06:31 PM) <DM> LLL LLLLLL
(06:31 PM) <DM>    LLLLLLL
(06:31 PM) <DM>
(06:31 PM) <DM> In the southeast corner of the cave you see a small chest, and
    a coffer.
(06:31 PM) <Mialee> Shall we check out the chest and coffer?
(06:31 PM) <Jozlan> better let someone handy examine the chest in case it's
    trapped
(06:31 PM) <Quenda> yes
(06:31 PM) <Mialee> Right, not going to be me. :)
(06:32 PM) <Quenda> I'll try to open it
(06:32 PM) > Quenda trys to open the chest
(06:32 PM) <DM> roll d20
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d20 -> 8
(06:32 PM) <DM> The chest opens
(06:32 PM) <DM> In the chest you find 7000 copper pieces 200 electrum pieces,
    1300 gold pieces and 8300 silver pieces.
(06:33 PM) <DM> !!
(06:33 PM) <Mialee> Woof.
(06:33 PM) <DM> The chest is VERY heavy.
(06:33 PM) <Mialee> Can we even carry that? :)
(06:34 PM) <Mialee> Perhaps if we split it amongst everyone in the group to
    cary?
(06:34 PM) <DM> Two strong people might be able too, but just barely
(06:34 PM) <Mialee> Meaning take the coins out of the chest and put them in
    sacks or something, if we have any...
(06:35 PM) <DM> I'm sure you have some sacks, but not that many, and they would
    bust from the weight.
(06:35 PM) <Mialee> Hm
(06:35 PM) <Mialee> So, what do we do, all?
(06:35 PM) <Mialee> (don't forget there's a coffer to check out too)
(06:36 PM) <Jozlan> maybe just take the nigh denomination coinds
(06:36 PM) > Jozlan chekcs the coffer
(06:36 PM) <Mialee> That's what I was thinking; the copper coins aren't worth
    all that much.
(06:36 PM) <DM>  In the coffer you find 3 medium-size rubies (150 gold pieces)
(06:36 PM) <DM> total
(06:37 PM) <Mialee> Well, let's grab those, definitely.
(06:37 PM) <Mialee> Now, about the chest.
(06:37 PM) <Mialee> If we ditch the copper out of it, would it be something we
    could have a couple of our tag-along friends carry?
(06:37 PM) <Quenda> lets just take the gold pieces
(06:37 PM) <Mialee> Is electrum worth more or less than gold?  I can't
    remember.
(06:38 PM) <DM> They might, but they would tire quickly and be totally
    encumbered
(06:38 PM) <DM> 2ep = 1gp
(06:38 PM) <Mialee> OK.
(06:38 PM) <Mialee> And silver, how does that relate to gp?
(06:39 PM) <DM> 20 sp = 1 gp
(06:39 PM) <Mialee> Well, let's just take the gold then.
(06:39 PM) <DM> 200 cp = 1 gp
(06:40 PM) <Mialee> If we ditch everything but the gold, how would our dwarvish
    companions be carrying it?
*** (06:40 PM) <Flint2> has entered the room.
(06:40 PM) <Mialee> reFlint
(06:40 PM) <Quenda> and we must take the rubies
(06:40 PM) <Mialee> Yes, definitely.
(06:40 PM) <DM> They could handle it, but it would be easier to split it evenly
    around.
(06:40 PM) <Mialee> OK, let's do that.  Let's divide up the gold and rubies
    among the party and move on.
(06:41 PM) <DM> The two dwarves start mumbling about not being beasts of burden
*** (06:41 PM) <Flint> has left the room.
(06:41 PM) <Mialee> Sorry, fellas.  Just thinking aloud. :)
*** (06:41 PM) <Flint2> is now known as <Flint>
(06:41 PM) <Flint> What are we doing?
(06:42 PM) <Mialee> Dividing up loot from the room south of the cage room.
(06:42 PM) <Mialee> Do we have it split up yet?
(06:42 PM) <DM> yes
(06:42 PM) <Mialee> OK.
(06:42 PM) <Mialee> Shall we head off southwest?  Quenda, care to lead us? :)
(06:43 PM) <DM> note that there is a small tunnel leading to the SW out of this
    cave
(06:43 PM) <Flint> Did we choose the right door?
(06:43 PM) <Mialee> Seemingly.
(06:43 PM) <DM> yes FLint  (you think ;)
(06:43 PM) <Mialee> We're not dead, so :)
(06:43 PM) <Flint> :0
(06:43 PM) <Quenda> ok lets go SW down the tunnel
(06:44 PM) > Quenda walking down the tunnel
(06:44 PM) <DM> The tunnel turns to the NW after 20-30 ft
(06:44 PM) <DM>
(06:44 PM) <Mialee> Let's keep going.
(06:44 PM) <DM> It goes NW for about 60 feet and then starts to wind around
(06:45 PM) <DM> it winds around for a while more
(06:45 PM) <Quenda> lets get our weapons ready
(06:45 PM) <DM> and a little more....
(06:45 PM) <DM> and a little more...
(06:45 PM) > Mialee keeps an arrow ready, just in case.
(06:45 PM) > Flint readies his Battle Axe.
(06:45 PM) <DM> and finally, you catch a breath of fresh air
(06:46 PM) <Mialee> Fresh air?
(06:46 PM) <DM> coming from down the tunnel
(06:46 PM) > Quenda gets her longsword out
(06:46 PM) <DM> the smell of damp grass and loam
(06:46 PM) <Flint> outside entrance?
(06:46 PM) <Mialee> Grass?  We don't want to be outside.
(06:47 PM) <Quenda> this is the way out so we should remember this way
(06:47 PM) <Flint> Let's see what's out there.  we can mark the spot for a
    return.
(06:47 PM) <Mialee> OK, let's have a look outside, then we can go back in.
(06:47 PM) <DM> the tunnel starts getting lower and lower
(06:48 PM) <DM> until only Flint and his brethren are comfortable
(06:48 PM) <Flint> What, normal dwarf height?
(06:48 PM) <Mialee> Not even the halfling?
(06:48 PM) <DM> but finally, flint pokes his head out of a small hole
(06:48 PM) <DM> ok, the halfling too  :)
(06:48 PM) <Mialee> :)
(06:48 PM) <Flint> What do I see?
(06:48 PM) <DM> [Dthat is barely big enough for the broad-shouldered dwarf to
    sqeeze through
(06:49 PM) <DM> and he sees that the hole is covered with a great tuft of
    sawgrass
(06:49 PM) <DM> and partially hidden by a boulder on the slope in the woods
    outside
(06:50 PM) <DM> there is slope down in front of you and slope up behind you
(06:50 PM) <DM> you are in the woods, and it is still the middle of the night
(06:50 PM) <Quenda> do we hear anything?
(06:50 PM) <DM> nightsounds of the forest
(06:51 PM) <Mialee> So... do we go out and look around, or head back down the
    tunnel?
(06:51 PM) <Jozlan> lets check around a bit
(06:51 PM) <Quenda> Let's head back
(06:51 PM) <Flint> Do we want to go up to the top of the hill to try and get a
    location fix, or return inside?
(06:51 PM) <DM> It's pretty dark out there, but....
(06:52 PM) <Mialee> But...?
(06:52 PM) <DM> remember to use /act if you want your character to DO something
(06:53 PM) <Mialee> Suggestion: you guys go take a look, I'll stay here, so you
    can find the hole again.
(06:53 PM) <Jozlan> good idea
(06:53 PM) <Flint> The ranger would probably be the best at a location fix.
(06:54 PM) > Quenda going out to look around
(06:54 PM) <Mialee> Go on, you guys, I'll be here.
(06:54 PM) <DM> You climb  out of the hole, and take a deep breath of fresh air
(06:54 PM) > Flint crawls out of the hole and heads up the slope.
(06:55 PM) <DM> you climb to the top of the first ridge, and as you crest it,
    you can see the tower over the stream about 300 meters away,
(06:55 PM) <DM> standing dark and sullen in the moonlight
(06:56 PM) > Mialee stays alert.
(06:57 PM) > Quenda back in and reporting to all
(06:57 PM) <Jozlan> is the bridge to the nofrth or south of the tower?
(06:57 PM) <DM> The bridge is to the west of the tower
(06:59 PM) <Quenda> ok shall we move on back to the room we came from?
(06:59 PM) <Mialee> Yes, let's.
(06:59 PM) <Jozlan> let's
(06:59 PM) <DM> Flnt rejoins the group
(06:59 PM) <DM> You make it back to the riddle room (28)
(07:00 PM) <Mialee> OK, under the gate we go :)
(07:00 PM) <DM> The gate is still there
(07:00 PM) > Quenda under the gate
*** (07:00 PM) <Flint> has left the room.
(07:01 PM) <DM> I'll assume everyone is following?
(07:01 PM) <Quenda> NE everyone ok with that?
(07:01 PM) <Mialee> I'm following.
(07:01 PM) <Mialee> That's fine.
(07:01 PM) <Jozlan> yes
(07:01 PM) <DM> LL  LLL
(07:01 PM) <DM> LL  LL
(07:01 PM) <DM> LL  L
(07:01 PM) <DM> LL    L
(07:01 PM) <DM> LL   LL
(07:01 PM) <DM> LL  LLL
(07:01 PM) <DM> LL  LLL
(07:01 PM) <DM> LL  LLL
(07:01 PM) <DM> LL  LLL
(07:01 PM) <DM> LL  LLL
(07:01 PM) <DM> L   LLL
(07:01 PM) <DM>     LLL
(07:01 PM) <DM>  L  LLL
(07:01 PM) <DM> LL  LLL
(07:01 PM) <DM> LL  LLL
(07:01 PM) <DM> LL__LLL
(07:01 PM) <DM>
(07:02 PM) > Quenda walking North at the intersection
(07:03 PM) <DM> LL  LLLLLLL
(07:03 PM) <DM> LL  LLLLLLL
(07:03 PM) <DM> LL  LLLLLLL
(07:03 PM) <DM> LL  LLLLLLL
(07:03 PM) <DM> LL  LLLLLLL
(07:03 PM) <DM>     LLLLLLL
(07:03 PM) <DM> LL  LLLLLLL
(07:03 PM) <DM> LL  LLLLLLL
(07:03 PM) <DM> LL  LLLLL
(07:03 PM) <DM> LL  LLL
(07:03 PM) <DM> LL  LL  L
(07:03 PM) <DM> LL  L  LL
(07:03 PM) <DM> LL    LLLLL
(07:03 PM) <DM> LL   LLLLLL
(07:03 PM) <DM> LL  LLLLLLL
(07:03 PM) <DM> LL  LLLLLLL
(07:04 PM) <Jozlan>
(07:04 PM) <Mialee> NE?
(07:04 PM) > Quenda holding the spear ready to fight
(07:04 PM) <Mialee> Sorry, I need a nature break. :)
*** (07:04 PM) <Mialee> is now known as <AFK-Mialee>
(07:04 PM) <Quenda> I say NE
(07:04 PM) <DM> OK, let's take a short one
*** (07:05 PM) <DM> is now known as <AFK-DM>
(07:05 PM) <Jozlan> ok
*** (07:06 PM) <AFK-DM> is now known as <DM>
*** (07:08 PM) <Flint> has entered the room.
(07:08 PM) <DM> Re Flint
(07:08 PM) <DM> we're on a nature break  :)
(07:08 PM) <Flint> RerereFlint :-(
(07:09 PM) <DM> standing in the hallway:
(07:09 PM) <DM> LL  LLLL
(07:09 PM) <DM>     LLLL
(07:09 PM) <DM> LL  LLLL
(07:09 PM) <DM> LL  LLLL
(07:09 PM) <DM> LL  LLLL
(07:09 PM) <DM> LL  LLL
(07:09 PM) <DM> LL  LL
(07:09 PM) <DM> LL  L  L
(07:09 PM) <DM> LL    LL
(07:09 PM) <DM> LL   LLL
(07:09 PM) <DM> LL  LLLL
(07:09 PM) <DM> LL  LLLL
(07:09 PM) <DM>
(07:09 PM) <DM> about to head up to the NE
(07:09 PM) <Flint> ok
*** (07:10 PM) <AFK-Mialee> is now known as <Mialee>
(07:10 PM) <Flint> The system is fine, until I start to use the TCP/IP stack.
(07:11 PM) <Quenda> w
(07:11 PM) > Quenda going NE
(07:11 PM) <DM> L  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(07:11 PM) <DM> L  LLLLL        LL
(07:11 PM) <DM> L  LLL    30  LLLL
(07:11 PM) <DM> L  LL  L      LLLL
(07:11 PM) <DM> L  L  LL        LL
(07:11 PM) <DM> L    LLLLLLLLLLLLL
(07:11 PM) <Flint> I wonder if my ISP changed their telenet software?
(07:11 PM) <DM> L   LLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(07:11 PM) <DM> L  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(07:11 PM) <DM>
(07:11 PM) <DM> On the east side of this room are two niches. There's a
    skeleton in each one, it looks like they're chained to the wall.
(07:12 PM) <Flint> \searches a niche
(07:12 PM) > Jozlan examines the skeletons
(07:12 PM) <DM> However as you search the skeletons, they suddenly come alive
    an attack you, swinging the chains that you thought were attaching them to
    the wall.
(07:12 PM) <DM> roll for surprize, Jozlan
(07:12 PM) <Mialee> Let's rock!
(07:13 PM) <DM> a d6
(07:13 PM) > Quenda throughts her spear
*** Roll by Jozlan: 1d6 -> 2
*** Roll by DM: 1d6 -> 4
(07:13 PM) <DM> ok, you are surprised, so they get first swing for free
(07:14 PM) <DM> #1 swings at Jozlan
*** Roll by DM: 1d20 -> 15
(07:14 PM) <DM> and hits,
*** Roll by DM: 1d6 -> 1
(07:14 PM) <DM> doing 1 dam
(07:15 PM) <DM> #2 at Flint
*** Roll by DM: 1d20 -> 8
(07:15 PM) <DM> misses -- swings over his head!
(07:15 PM) <DM> ok, Jozlan, roll for initiative, d6
*** Roll by DM: 1d6 -> 6
(07:16 PM) <Mialee> Joz?
(07:16 PM) <DM> ok, Flint roll d6
*** Roll by Flint: 1D6 -> 2
(07:17 PM) <DM> they swing first then
(07:17 PM) <DM> #1 at Joz
*** Roll by DM: 1d20 -> 16
(07:17 PM) <DM> hits for...
*** Roll by DM: 1d6 -> 4
(07:17 PM) <DM> 4 damage
(07:17 PM) <DM> #2 at Flint
*** Roll by DM: 1d20 -> 8
(07:17 PM) <DM> misses again!
(07:18 PM) <DM> your hits
(07:18 PM) > Jozlan attacks #1
(07:18 PM) <DM> tell me which number you're swinging/shooting at
*** Roll by Jozlan: 1d20 -> 20
(07:18 PM) <DM> big hit!
*** Roll by Jozlan: 1d6 -> 5
(07:18 PM) <Jozlan> woohoo
(07:18 PM) > Flint attacks #2
*** Roll by Flint: 1D20 -> 12
*** Roll by Flint: 1D8 -> 3
(07:20 PM) <DM> ok.
(07:20 PM) <DM> Joz, roll for initiative for round 2
(07:20 PM) <Mialee> Do I not get to go?
(07:21 PM) <Jozlan> ?
(07:21 PM) <DM> Ok
(07:21 PM) <DM> Mialee, you can go
(07:21 PM) > Mialee swings at #1 with his staff.
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d20 -> 3
(07:21 PM) <DM> you too, Quenda
(07:21 PM) <Mialee> Doh.
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d20 -> 11
(07:21 PM) <Jozlan> use those spears :)
(07:21 PM) <DM> you both miss.  BTW are you using the spears? or what?
(07:22 PM) <Mialee> I was using the staff I got a while back.
(07:22 PM) <Quenda> yes that was my spear
*** Roll by Jozlan: 1d6 -> 3
*** Roll by DM: 1d6 -> 3
(07:23 PM) <DM> try again
*** Roll by DM: 1d6 -> 3
*** Roll by Jozlan: 1d6 -> 2
(07:23 PM) <Jozlan> doh
(07:23 PM) <DM> I go.
(07:23 PM) <DM> #1 at Joz
*** Roll by DM: 1d20 -> 8
(07:23 PM) <DM> miss
(07:23 PM) <DM> #2 at Flint
*** Roll by DM: 1d20 -> 18
(07:23 PM) <DM> hit
*** Roll by DM: 1d6 -> 4
(07:23 PM) <Flint> ouch
(07:24 PM) <DM> your turn
(07:24 PM) <DM> someone act for the extras
*** Roll by Jozlan: 1d20 -> 20
(07:24 PM) <Jozlan> at #1
*** Roll by Jozlan: 1d6 -> 3
(07:24 PM) <Mialee> Booyah.
(07:24 PM) <DM> And the skeleton falls to pieces
(07:24 PM) > Mialee whacks #2 with her staff.
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d20 -> 6
(07:24 PM) > Flint attempts to TURN the skeletons.
(07:24 PM) <Mialee> Hm.
*** Roll by Flint: 1D20 -> 10
(07:25 PM) > Quenda getting herlongsword ready to kill
(07:26 PM) <DM> the remaining skeleton backs into his nitch.
(07:26 PM) <Mialee> Well.
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d20 -> 7
(07:26 PM) <DM> as Quenda attacks it, it comes back out again
(07:26 PM) > Quenda picks up her spear
(07:26 PM) <DM> Quenda, roll for initiative
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d6 -> 5
*** Roll by DM: 1d6 -> 4
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d20 -> 8
(07:27 PM) <DM> miss
(07:27 PM) <DM> anyone else?
(07:27 PM) <Mialee> Is this a new round?
(07:27 PM) <DM> yes
(07:27 PM) > Mialee takes a whack with her staff.
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d20 -> 3
(07:27 PM) <Mialee> Hmph.
(07:28 PM) <DM> anyone else?
(07:28 PM) <Mialee> Flint?  Jozlan?
*** (07:28 PM) <Flint> has left the room.
(07:28 PM) <DM> the skeleton attacks Quenda
*** Roll by DM: 1d20 -> 2
(07:28 PM) <Mialee> What kind of weapon does ROllo have?
(07:28 PM) <DM> and misses
(07:29 PM) <DM> a knife, if anything
(07:29 PM) <Mialee> OK
(07:29 PM) <DM> the dwarves have crossbows, if I recall correctly, though
    they've been eying those spears you and quenda are carrying
(07:29 PM) > Mialee gives a spear to one of the dwarves.
(07:29 PM) <Mialee> I won't use it.
(07:30 PM) > Jozlan attacks skeleton #2
(07:30 PM) <Jozlan> oops, I already went :)
(07:30 PM) <DM> with your war hammer I assume
(07:30 PM) <Mialee> This is a new round, Joz.
(07:30 PM) <Jozlan> ok,
*** Roll by Jozlan: 1d20 -> 9
(07:30 PM) <DM> miss
(07:30 PM) <DM> ok, Quenda, roll for initiative
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d6 -> 4
*** Roll by DM: 1d6 -> 1
(07:31 PM) <DM> you go
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d20 -> 7
(07:31 PM) <Quenda> ;-(
(07:31 PM) <DM> miss
*** (07:31 PM) <Flint> has entered the room.
(07:32 PM) <DM> There is room in the corner for 2 more
(07:32 PM) <Flint> Huh?
(07:32 PM) <DM> 3 can attack at a time
(07:32 PM) <DM> quenda missed, 2 more can try
(07:33 PM) <Jozlan> thror and dalwin?
(07:33 PM) <Flint> What just showed up, or are we trying to distroy the
    skeleton?
(07:33 PM) <DM> no 2 more of you, since you're already engaged
(07:34 PM) <DM> Flint just the skeleton
(07:34 PM) <Mialee> We're trying to destroy the skeleton.
(07:34 PM) <Flint> |
(07:35 PM) <Mialee> Quenda tried to hit it right after you turned it.
(07:35 PM) <DM> soooo, Joz, and Mialee, someone swing
(07:35 PM) > Mialee whacks the skeleton.
*** Roll by Jozlan: 1d20 -> 20
(07:35 PM) <DM> and it came back
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d20 -> 14
(07:35 PM) <DM> thankyou!
(07:35 PM) <DM> :)
(07:35 PM) <Mialee> Joz, nice
*** Roll by Jozlan: 1d6 -> 3
(07:36 PM) <DM> the skeleton is smashed to smithereens
(07:36 PM) <Flint> very nice Jozlan
(07:36 PM) > Mialee searches what's left of skeleton #1
(07:36 PM) <DM> just bones
(07:36 PM) > Jozlan searches the room
(07:36 PM) > Mialee searches the remains of #2
(07:36 PM) <DM> In the northern niche you notice what looks like a crack in the
    back wall.
(07:36 PM) > Flint searches the niche of skeleton #2
(07:36 PM) <DM> You don't find anything in the room but dust and cobwebs.
(07:36 PM) <DM> nothing in the southern niche
(07:37 PM) > Mialee examines the crack.
(07:37 PM) <DM> it looks like there is space behind it
(07:37 PM) <Mialee> Is the crack along the corner, or in the middle of the
    wall, or what?
(07:37 PM) <DM> right down the middle
(07:38 PM) <DM> and it is smooth
(07:38 PM) > Mialee pushes on the wall.
(07:38 PM) <DM> As you push, the stone wall swings away opening up into another
    chamber.
(07:38 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(07:38 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLL      LL
(07:38 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLL   30a  L
(07:38 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLL        L
(07:38 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLL      LL
(07:38 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLL     LL
(07:38 PM) <DM> LLL        LL    LLL
(07:38 PM) <DM> L    30  LLLLLLLLLLL
(07:38 PM) <DM>   L      LLLLLLLLLLL
(07:38 PM) <DM>  LL        LLLLLLLLL
(07:38 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(07:38 PM) <DM>
(07:38 PM) <DM>  In the north end of this chamber you see a pool of shimmering
    green water.
(07:39 PM) > Flint searches the room.
(07:39 PM) > Mialee looks in the water.
(07:40 PM) <DM> Other than the pool of water, this chamber is empty.   The
    ceiling curves up to a round arch
(07:40 PM) > Flint searches the walls.
(07:41 PM) > Mialee looks into the water.
(07:41 PM) <DM> There is nothing on the walls, and the water looks clear and
    clean, with a slight greenish tint
(07:41 PM) > Mialee smells the water.
(07:41 PM) > Flint tastes the water.
(07:42 PM) <DM> it tastes slightly ironish
(07:42 PM) <DM> but not bad
(07:42 PM) <DM> You have had worse
(07:42 PM) <Flint> ironish with a green tint?
(07:43 PM) <DM> yup
(07:43 PM) <Mialee> Strange.
(07:43 PM) <Mialee> Is there anything in the water, or on the bottom?
(07:43 PM) <DM> maybe more copperish, now that you think about it
(07:43 PM) <Flint> How deep is the pool?
(07:43 PM) <Jozlan> ok
(07:43 PM) <DM> you can't really see to the bottom
(07:44 PM) <DM> and can't tell how deep
(07:44 PM) <DM> visually
(07:44 PM) <Flint> Somebody us a spear to probe the pool.
(07:44 PM) <Jozlan> should we drop a rock in?
(07:44 PM) <Flint> >> use
(07:45 PM) <Flint> us >> use
(07:45 PM) <Quenda> ok it looks like there is nothing here shall we go on
(07:45 PM) <DM> Thror sticks his spear in, and hits bottom about 2 ft down
(07:45 PM) <Mialee> Hm, so it's not just a tint, the water is green. :)
(07:46 PM) <Flint> Thror...sweep your spear across the bottom to see if
    anything is down there.
(07:46 PM) <DM> He does so, and doesn't hit anything
(07:47 PM) > Mialee steps into the water.
(07:47 PM) <Flint> well, there is always the wish trick.
(07:47 PM) <DM> It's cold
(07:48 PM) <Mialee> I need to switch to the PowerBook; time to eat.  Back
    shortly.
*** (07:48 PM) <Mialee> has left the room.
(07:49 PM) > Flint drinks the water.
(07:49 PM) <Jozlan> anyone have a detect magic spell?
(07:49 PM) <DM> it is ok, and quenches your thirst
*** (07:49 PM) <Mialee> has entered the room.
(07:49 PM) <Mialee> re, sorry
(07:50 PM) > Quenda throws in a gold piece
(07:50 PM) > Mialee steps out of the water.
(07:51 PM) <DM> it sure just seems like ordinary water
(07:51 PM) <Flint> Is the pool a natural feature or constructed?
(07:51 PM) <DM> natural
(07:52 PM) <DM> Admin note, before we go on.
(07:52 PM) <DM> I need you all to make a note of this, since I seem to always
    forget.
(07:52 PM) <DM> I've added up all your collective bonuses, and they are here
    below:
(07:52 PM) <DM> Name                    Quenda  Mialee  Flint   Jozan   Dalwin
    Thror
(07:52 PM) <DM> Bonus To Hit Melee
(07:52 PM) <DM> achhh
(07:53 PM) <DM> let me try that again
(07:53 PM) <DM> I need you all to make a note of this, since I seem to always
    forget.
(07:53 PM) <DM> I've added up all your collective bonuses, and they are here
    below:
(07:53 PM) <DM>
(07:53 PM) <DM> Name                    Quenda  Mialee  Flint   Jozan   Dalwin
    Thror
(07:53 PM) <DM> Bonus To Hit Melee      4       2       1       1       1
    1
(07:53 PM) <DM> Bonus Damage            1       0       0       0       0
    0
(07:53 PM) <DM> Bonus To Hit Missile    3       2       1       1
(07:54 PM) <DM> Please add these to your combat rolls, and remind me
(07:54 PM) <Jozlan> ok
(07:54 PM) <DM> These are bonuses based on level and strength, etc
(07:55 PM) <Mialee> OK
(07:55 PM) <DM> ok, so what's the plan?
(07:56 PM) <Quenda> are we done playing in the water?
(07:56 PM) <Mialee> Guess so :)
(07:56 PM) <Jozlan> lets move on
(07:57 PM) <Quenda> we need a new map we want to move on
(07:57 PM) <DM> L  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(07:57 PM) <DM> L  LLLLLLLLLLLLLL      LLLLL
(07:57 PM) <DM> L  LLLLLLLLLLLLL   30a  LLLL
(07:57 PM) <DM>    LLLLLLLLLLLLL        LLLL
(07:57 PM) <DM> L  LLLLLLLLLLLLLL      LLLLL
(07:57 PM) <DM> L  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLL     LLLLL
(07:57 PM) <DM> L  LLLLL        LL    LLLLLL
(07:57 PM) <DM> L  LLL    30  LLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(07:57 PM) <DM> L  LL  L      LLLLLLLLLL
(07:58 PM) <DM> LLL  L  LL        LLL
(07:58 PM) <DM> LLL    LLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(07:58 PM) <DM> LLL   LLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(07:58 PM) <DM> LLL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(07:58 PM) <DM>
(07:58 PM) <DM> oops
(07:58 PM) <DM> well, you get the picture, right?
(07:59 PM) <Mialee> Yeah :)
(07:59 PM) <DM> Back in the NS hallway, it looks like this:
(08:00 PM) <DM> LL  LLLLLL
(08:00 PM) <DM> LL  LLLLLL
(08:00 PM) <DM> LL  LLLLLL
(08:00 PM) <DM>     LLLLLL
(08:00 PM) <DM> LL  LLLLLL
(08:00 PM) <DM> LL  LLLLLL
(08:00 PM) <DM> LL  LLLLL
(08:00 PM) <DM> LL  LLL
(08:00 PM) <DM> LL  LL  L
(08:00 PM) <DM> LL  L  LL
(08:00 PM) <DM> LL    LLLL
(08:00 PM) <DM> LL   LLLLL
(08:00 PM) <DM> LL  LLLLLL
(08:00 PM) <DM> LL  LLLLLL
(08:00 PM) <DM> LL  LLLLLL
(08:00 PM) <DM>
(08:01 PM) <Quenda> ok which way? North?
*** Roll by DM: 1d20 -> 10
*** (08:01 PM) <Flint> has left the room.
(08:01 PM) <Mialee> Let's go north, then west.
(08:01 PM) <Mialee> (sorry, I'm trying to eat and play at the same time :)
(08:01 PM) > Quenda walking N
(08:01 PM) <DM> 's ok
(08:02 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LL
(08:02 PM) <DM> LLL      LLLLLLL  LL
(08:02 PM) <DM> LL        LLLLLL  LL
(08:02 PM) <DM> LL                LL
(08:02 PM) <DM> LL     31     LL  LL
(08:02 PM) <DM> LLL           LL  LL
(08:02 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLL      LL  LL
(08:02 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLL      LL  LL
(08:02 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LL
(08:02 PM) <DM> You see a big chamber to the west
*** (08:03 PM) <Flint> has entered the room.
(08:03 PM) <Flint> reFlint
(08:03 PM) <Quenda> is there light in the room?
(08:03 PM) <DM> No, only your torchlight, which doesn't go far
(08:03 PM) <Quenda> ok
(08:04 PM) <DM> The floor of this chamber slopes steeply down to a mucky
    surface on the west side. The stalactites and stalagmites which fill this
    natural cavern are mostly covered with moss and the air is cool and damp.
(08:04 PM) <Quenda> do we hear anything?
(08:04 PM) <Flint> Quenda check for tracks in the muck
(08:05 PM) <DM> the occaisional drip of water
(08:05 PM) > Quenda checking the muck
(08:06 PM) <DM> You don't see any footprints
(08:06 PM) <Quenda> anything on the ceiling?
(08:06 PM) <Quenda> or on the walls?
(08:06 PM) <DM> just the natural formations I mentioned before
(08:07 PM) <DM> nothing but moss on the walls
(08:07 PM) <Flint> What color is the moss?
(08:07 PM) <DM> Green
(08:07 PM) <Quenda> looks like we need to move north and out of here!
(08:08 PM) > Flint probes the moss with a quarrel.
(08:08 PM) <DM> It seems to be normal moss
(08:08 PM) <Flint> Let's move on.
(08:08 PM) <Jozlan> torch it?
(08:08 PM) <Quenda> north everyone?
(08:09 PM) <Jozlan> ok
(08:09 PM) <Flint> north.
(08:09 PM) <Flint> who's leading?
(08:09 PM) <Quenda> Flint lead on!
(08:10 PM) > Flint heads north.
(08:10 PM) > Quenda follows
(08:10 PM) <DM> The hallway goes quite a ways north
(08:10 PM) <DM> L__
(08:10 PM) <DM> L  L
(08:10 PM) <DM> L  L
(08:10 PM) <DM> L  L
(08:10 PM) <DM> L  L
(08:10 PM) <DM> L  L
(08:10 PM) <DM> L  L
(08:10 PM) <DM> L  L
(08:10 PM) <DM> L  L
(08:10 PM) <DM> L  L
(08:10 PM) <DM> L  L
(08:10 PM) <Mialee> Hm, lots of watery stuff down here.
(08:10 PM) <DM> L  L
(08:10 PM) <DM> L  L
(08:10 PM) <DM> L  L
(08:10 PM) <DM> L  L
(08:10 PM) <DM>    L
(08:10 PM) <DM> L  L
(08:11 PM) <DM> L  L
(08:11 PM) <DM>
(08:11 PM) <DM> how do I speed up the send line speed in proterm
(08:11 PM) <Mialee> Should be in your service options.  Hit Command-L
(08:11 PM) <DM> yes, down here in the bowels of the earth, right under a
    river....
(08:11 PM) <Mialee> True.
(08:12 PM) <DM> right, but do I want a high line pace, or a low one?
(08:12 PM) <DM> ?/100
(08:12 PM) > Flint mutters something about elves.
(08:13 PM) <DM> L__
(08:13 PM) <DM> L  L
(08:13 PM) <DM> L  L
(08:13 PM) <DM> L  L
(08:13 PM) <DM> L  L
(08:13 PM) <DM> L  L
(08:13 PM) <DM> L  L
(08:13 PM) <DM> L  L
(08:13 PM) <DM> L  L
(08:13 PM) <DM> L  L
(08:13 PM) <DM> L  L
(08:13 PM) <DM> L  L
(08:13 PM) <DM> L  L
(08:13 PM) <DM> L  L
(08:13 PM) <DM> L  L
(08:13 PM) <DM>    L
(08:13 PM) <DM> L  L
(08:13 PM) <DM> L  L
(08:13 PM) <DM>
(08:13 PM) <DM> Anyway, you get to a door at the north end
(08:14 PM) <Quenda> shall we try to open it?
(08:14 PM) > Flint readies his Battle Axe.
(08:14 PM) > Jozlan listend to the door
(08:14 PM) <Mialee> Go for it.
(08:15 PM) > Flint will try to open the door after Jozlan finishes listening to
    it.
(08:15 PM) > Quenda trys to open door
(08:15 PM) <DM> you don't hear anything behind it
(08:15 PM) <DM>  No matter how hard you pull or tug on the door you cannot open
    it.
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d6 -> 5
(08:16 PM) <DM> it almost seems like the latch mechanism is fused shut
(08:17 PM) <Mialee> Hm.
(08:17 PM) > Flint tries to open the door.
(08:17 PM) <DM>  No matter how hard you pull or tug on the door you cannot open
    it.
(08:17 PM) <Quenda> anyone have some magic that they can try?
(08:17 PM) <Mialee> Not I.
(08:17 PM) <Mialee> Kick it in?
*** Roll by Flint: 1D6 -> 6
(08:17 PM) <DM> although the door seems normal enough
(08:17 PM) <Mialee> Anyone?
(08:18 PM) <Jozlan> would spiritual hammer be appropriate?
(08:18 PM) <Flint> Are the hinges on this side or the other?
(08:19 PM) <Jozlan> good thinking
(08:19 PM) <DM> The other side
(08:19 PM) <Flint> How wide is the door?
(08:20 PM) <DM> 3 ft wide
(08:20 PM) <DM> the door is made of heavy wood
(08:21 PM) <Mialee> Someone kick it in. :)
(08:22 PM) <Mialee> Jeez, guys.
(08:22 PM) > Mialee tries to kick the door in.
(08:22 PM) <Jozlan> say, did enyone else notice that rollo has been gone since
    the moss room?
(08:22 PM) <Mialee> He has?
(08:22 PM) <DM> Mialee, _kicking_ doesn't seem to do it
(08:23 PM) <Mialee> Gosh Flint, you were just about to suggest we use him as a
    battering ram.
(08:23 PM) <DM> Indeed, the little rascal is gone
(08:23 PM) <Mialee> Sigh.
(08:23 PM) <Mialee> Let's go back and look for him.
(08:23 PM) <Mialee> Then kill him. :)
(08:23 PM) <Flint> Should we go find him?
(08:23 PM) <Jozlan> might he have locked the door?
(08:23 PM) <Quenda> why shall we go to find him?
(08:24 PM) <Mialee> Because I don't trust him wandering around alone.
(08:24 PM) <Flint> Let's get two people on the door and try to break it down.
(08:24 PM) <Mialee> So we're not going to go look for Rollo?
(08:25 PM) <Jozlan> thror and dalwin?
(08:25 PM) <DM> Thror says that with the proper tool, he could probably get
    through the door
(08:25 PM) <Mialee> What tool?
(08:25 PM) <DM> it's made of wood, he says
(08:25 PM) <Jozlan> a key? :)
(08:25 PM) <DM> and axes chop wood
(08:26 PM) <Mialee> Well... do we have an axe?
(08:26 PM) <Flint> Everybody stand back from the door.
(08:26 PM) <Jozlan> Flint?
(08:26 PM) > Mialee steps back.
(08:27 PM) <DM> after 10 minutes of chopping, with the sounds of the axe
    echoing down the hall, Flint finally manages to chop a dwarf sized hole
    through the door
(08:28 PM) > Mialee looks back down the hall.
(08:28 PM) <DM> he peers into a large room.
(08:28 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(08:28 PM) <DM> L             L
(08:28 PM) <DM> L             |
(08:28 PM) <DM> L     34      L
(08:28 PM) <DM> L             L
(08:28 PM) <DM> L__           L
(08:28 PM) <DM> L  LLLLLLLLLLLL
(08:28 PM) <DM> L  LLLLLLLLLLLL
(08:28 PM) <DM>
(08:29 PM) <DM> You see one other door, in the NE corner
(08:29 PM) <DM> are you going into the room?
(08:29 PM) <DM> Mialee doesn't see or hear anything from down the hall
(08:29 PM) <Mialee> Is there anything else in there?
(08:30 PM) <DM> you're all still in the hallway, so you can't really tell
(08:30 PM) <Quenda> lets go in!
(08:30 PM) <Jozlan> lets send thror in to unlock the door
(08:30 PM) <Mialee> Well, let's go on in.
(08:30 PM) <DM> You all manage to squeeze thorugh the hole Flint made...
*** (08:31 PM) <Flint2> has entered the room.
(08:31 PM) <Mialee> reFlint
(08:31 PM) <Quenda> what do we see?
(08:32 PM) <Mialee> Huge jaws, just before they chomp down on top of us and we
    all die. :)
(08:32 PM) <DM> and see, stacked against the south wall, several weapons,
    including short swords, spears, crossbows, and bucklers
(08:32 PM) <Mialee> Hmmm... an armory. :)
(08:32 PM) <DM> there are also a few war hammers
(08:32 PM) <Mialee> Any arrows?  I need a few.
(08:32 PM) <DM> there aren't that many weapons, maybe 20 in all.
(08:32 PM) > Flint2 examines the war hammers
(08:32 PM) <DM> not for a longbow
(08:33 PM) <DM> there are some quarrels for the crossbows
(08:33 PM) <Quenda> we should all take the weapons
(08:33 PM) <DM> the hammers are serviceable, and jozlan remembers that he needs
    one in order to cast his spiritual hammer, so he picks one up
(08:33 PM) <Flint2> Yes
*** (08:33 PM) <Flint> has left the room.
*** (08:34 PM) <Flint2> is now known as <Flint>
(08:34 PM) <DM> Thror and Dalwin each help themselves to a short sword and
    buckler, and Thror takes the other hammer.
(08:35 PM) <Flint> How many war hammers were there?
(08:35 PM) > Quenda takes the buckler
(08:36 PM) <DM> 3.  there's one left, if you want it
(08:37 PM) <Flint> I already have one, so Dalwin can take it if he wants.
(08:37 PM) <DM> Nah, he says hes good with the sword
(08:37 PM) <Flint> otherwise, I'll take it.
(08:37 PM) > Flint takes the third war hammer.
(08:38 PM) <Quenda> I think the bucklers may come in handy!
(08:38 PM) <DM> Looking around, you don't see much else in this room.
(08:38 PM) <DM> there is a bench along the east wall
(08:38 PM) > Flint searches the walls for a hidden door.
(08:39 PM) <DM> roll a d6
(08:39 PM) > Mialee looks under the bench.
*** Roll by Flint: 1D6 -> 5
(08:39 PM) <DM> you don't find any
(08:39 PM) <DM> you don't see anything under the bench but cobwebs
*** Roll by DM: 1d6 -> 2
(08:40 PM) <Flint> there should be more here.
(08:40 PM) > Quenda trying to open the other door
(08:40 PM) <DM> It opens easily
(08:41 PM) > Quenda looks in
(08:41 PM) <DM> leading to a passage to the east, which goes 30 ft and jogs
    north
(08:41 PM) <Mialee> Let's go!
(08:41 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(08:41 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(08:41 PM) <DM> L             LLLLLLL
(08:41 PM) <DM> L             |
(08:41 PM) <DM> L     34      LLLLLLLL
(08:41 PM) <DM> L             LLLLLLLL
(08:41 PM) <DM> L__           LLLLLLLL
(08:41 PM) <DM>
(08:41 PM) <Quenda> Flint want to lead?
(08:42 PM) <Flint> Have we gathered all the weapons?
(08:42 PM) <Quenda> This is all I can carry
(08:42 PM) <DM> all that anyone wants to carry
(08:42 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(08:42 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(08:42 PM) <DM>  LLLLLLL            L
(08:42 PM) <DM>  |       LLLLLLLLLLLL
(08:42 PM) <DM>  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(08:42 PM) <DM>  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(08:42 PM) <DM>  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(08:42 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(08:42 PM) > Flint leads out.
(08:42 PM) <DM> the passage seems to zigzag to the ENE
(08:43 PM) <DM> The air in the passage is dank, and smelly, and the walls are
    damp
(08:43 PM) <Mialee> Mmmm, smelly.
(08:43 PM) <Quenda> is the torch all the light we have?
(08:43 PM) <DM> yes
(08:44 PM) <Flint> I have a lantern.
(08:44 PM) <DM> but that's enough to see the sliminess on the walls
(08:44 PM) <Quenda> we need to get our weapons ready I smell trouble!
(08:45 PM) > Flint readies his Battle Axe
(08:45 PM) > Mialee has an arrow ready.
(08:45 PM) <DM> as you travel up the hallway, by the second zag, the walls and
    ceiling are oozing with slime
(08:46 PM) <Quenda> do we hear anything?
(08:46 PM) <DM> no
(08:46 PM) <Flint> What color is the slime?
*** Roll by DM: 1d2 -> 2
(08:46 PM) <DM> GREEN!
(08:46 PM) <Mialee> Oh hell.
(08:46 PM) <Flint> EVERYBODY BACK!!!
(08:46 PM) > Mialee runs back down to the west.
(08:46 PM) > Quenda moving backwards
(08:47 PM) > Jozlan retreats
(08:47 PM) > Flint runns back.
(08:47 PM) <DM> as do the faithful dwarves  :)
(08:47 PM) <DM> ok, so you're back in the room.
(08:47 PM) > Flint advances to the beginning of the slime.
(08:48 PM) <DM> carrying?
(08:48 PM) > Flint probes the green slime with a Quarrel.
(08:48 PM) <Quenda> us my torch
(08:48 PM) <Quenda> use my torch flint
(08:49 PM) <Flint> Does the quarrel dissolve?
(08:49 PM) <DM> Flint, a piece of it slides off the wall
(08:49 PM) <DM> and you hear a slight sizzling at teh tip of your quarrel
(08:49 PM) <Flint> Runn away.....
(08:50 PM) > Flint runns back to the room.
(08:50 PM) <DM> and hears a "plop, plop, fizz, fizz" behind him
(08:50 PM) <Flint> Quenda...may I borrow your torch.
(08:50 PM) <Quenda> Flint take my torch and burn the slime
(08:51 PM) > Flint takes the torch and carefully advances to set fire to the
    slime.  Holding the torch at arms length.
(08:52 PM) <DM> The slime starts to burn quickly, and the hallway fills with a
    terrible stench.
(08:52 PM) > Flint then retreats back to the room.
(08:52 PM) <DM> after 10 minutes or so, the smoke rises to the ceiling, and
    dissipates
(08:52 PM) <DM>
(08:52 PM) <Flint> close the door.
(08:53 PM) > Flint returns the torch to Quenda.
(08:53 PM) <Mialee> Shall we go on in then?
(08:54 PM) > Flint gathers 21 more quarrels.
(08:54 PM) <Quenda> good idea
(08:55 PM) <DM> You get up around the 2d zag again, and the the walls  and
    ceiling look charred
(08:55 PM) <DM> there is still a strong scent of smoke in the air, but it's
    breathable
(08:55 PM) <Flint> Anybody want anything else before we advance.
(08:55 PM) <Quenda> is there anything else?
(08:55 PM) <Mialee> I'm good.
(08:55 PM) <DM> The passage goes as far as your lantern can show.
(08:55 PM) <Jozlan> fine
(08:55 PM) <Flint> Wipe your feet.
(08:56 PM) > Jozlan wipes
(08:56 PM) > Mialee wipes.
(08:57 PM) <DM> as you cautiously move up the hallway, it occurs to you that
    this is an extremely long passage
(08:57 PM) <DM> You get about 200 ft up the passage, with still no end in sight
(08:57 PM) <Mialee> Hm.
(08:57 PM) <DM> the walls are dry here though
(08:58 PM) <Mialee> Let's keep going.
(08:59 PM) <DM> Eventually, you see an end to the endless tunnel:
(08:59 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(08:59 PM) <DM>                           |
(08:59 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLL__LLL  LLLLL
(08:59 PM) <DM>
(09:00 PM) <Mialee> So, do we go through the southern passage or one of the
    doors?
(09:00 PM) <DM> ???
(09:01 PM) <Mialee> Anyone else here?
(09:01 PM) <DM> Is everyone else as tired as Quenda?   :)
*** (09:01 PM) <Flint2> has entered the room.
(09:01 PM) <Mialee> reFlint.
(09:02 PM) <Quenda> Flint pick the way I'll follow
(09:02 PM) <Flint2> again.
(09:02 PM) <Flint2> what are my choices?
(09:02 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(09:02 PM) <DM>                 |
(09:02 PM) <DM> LLLLL__LLL  LLLLL
(09:02 PM) <DM>
(09:02 PM) <DM> you've come to the end of the hall
*** (09:03 PM) <Flint> has left the room.
(09:04 PM) <Mialee> So...?
*** (09:04 PM) <Flint2> is now known as <Flint>
(09:04 PM) <Mialee> Let's head down that passage to the south.
(09:04 PM) > Mialee is tired of waiting. :)
(09:04 PM) <Flint> Did we check that door to the south?
(09:05 PM) <Mialee> Not yet.
(09:05 PM) <DM> you have the choice of door number, 1, door number 2, or
    passage number 3  :)
(09:05 PM) <Mialee> Nor the one to the east.
(09:05 PM) <Flint> let's check the door to the south.
(09:05 PM) <Mialee> OK, let's do that.
(09:05 PM) <Quenda> lead I'm behind you
(09:06 PM) > Flint listens at the south door.
(09:06 PM) <DM> and hears nothing
(09:06 PM) > Flint opens the south door.
(09:06 PM) > Quenda trys to open door
(09:06 PM) <DM> The door to this room is locked.
*** Roll by Flint: 1D6 -> 6
(09:07 PM) <DM> although this one jiggles like a normal locked door
(09:07 PM) <DM> You can't seem to get it open, Flint
(09:07 PM) <Flint> Quenda, want to try?
(09:07 PM) > Quenda looks on the wall for a key!
(09:07 PM) <Jozlan> :)
(09:08 PM) <DM> You don't see a key
(09:08 PM) <Quenda> I'm ready
(09:08 PM) <Flint> lol
(09:08 PM) <Jozlan> look under the welcom matt
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d6 -> 5
(09:08 PM) <DM> no luck
(09:08 PM) <Flint> Good thinking Quenda.
(09:08 PM) > Mialee tries to kick the door in.
(09:08 PM) <Flint> Next contestant.
(09:08 PM) <DM> It almost gives
(09:08 PM) > Mialee kicks again.
(09:09 PM) <DM> It seems it would need more weight
(09:09 PM) > Mialee gives it a shoulder.
(09:09 PM) <DM> or should I say, more mass?
(09:09 PM) <Mialee> OK, someone bigger than me.
(09:09 PM) <Flint> Quenda, let's you and I both try together.
(09:10 PM) <Mialee> OK.
(09:10 PM) <Quenda> ready go
(09:10 PM) <Mialee> 1...2...3!
(09:10 PM) <Quenda> oops
(09:10 PM) > Mialee kicks the door.
*** Roll by Flint: 1D6 -> 5
(09:10 PM) > Jozlan kicks the sdoor
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d6 -> 2
(09:11 PM) <Flint> why can't I be rolling init like this?
(09:11 PM) <DM> Thror grumbles, and says:  "Step aside!" and moves toward the
    door with his newly aquired war hammer
(09:11 PM) <Mialee> Hehe
(09:11 PM) <Jozlan> :)
(09:11 PM) <DM> he takes a mighty swing, and smashes the lock!
(09:11 PM) <Flint> OH sure , do it the easy way.
(09:11 PM) <DM> the door shudders back on its hinges
(09:11 PM) > Mialee grins.
(09:12 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLL
(09:12 PM) <DM>
(09:12 PM) <DM> LLLLL__LLL  L
(09:12 PM) <DM> L      LLL  L
(09:12 PM) <DM> L  6   LLL  L
(09:12 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLL  L
(09:12 PM) <DM>
(09:12 PM) <DM> This is a closet, or wardrobe/dressing room.   There are
    several racks of clothing of fine quality (Karak is apparently as vain as
    he is greedy).
(09:12 PM) <DM> There are racks of belts and some dozen pair of boots lined up
    against the west wall.
(09:12 PM) <DM> On the south wall is a large mirror.
(09:12 PM) <DM> On the open market, the whole collection might bring 300 gp.
(09:12 PM) <Mialee> Not worth lugging around.
(09:12 PM) <Mialee> But we should search through everything.
(09:13 PM) > Mialee searches the clothes.
(09:13 PM) > Flint tries the boots on.
(09:13 PM) <DM> You don't find anything unusual about the clothes, other than
    their gaudiness
(09:13 PM) <Quenda> anything up in the ceiling area?
(09:14 PM) <DM> Flint, there are a dozen pair
(09:14 PM) <DM> Nothing on the ceiling
(09:14 PM) > Mialee looks at the mirror.
(09:14 PM) <DM> Flint, pick a number
(09:14 PM) <Quenda> maybe on the floor a trap door
(09:14 PM) <Flint> Do any of them seem to fit?
(09:14 PM) <DM> The mirror is full length
*** Roll by Flint: 1D12 -> 7
(09:14 PM) <DM> are you trying them all?
(09:14 PM) <Flint> yes.
(09:15 PM) > Mialee looks behind the mirror.
(09:15 PM) <DM> ok. In the 7th pair that you try on, you stub your toe on
    something
(09:15 PM) <DM> the mirror is attached to the wall.
(09:15 PM) <Mialee> OK
(09:15 PM) <DM> looking inside the boot, you find a small flask
(09:15 PM) <Flint> Search the boots
(09:15 PM) <Flint> ok.
(09:15 PM) <DM> In the toe of one of the boots, there is a flask of amber
    liquid.  There is a label on the flask showing 3 red X's, with a larger
    black slash running through them.
(09:17 PM) > Flint takes the flask and continues trying on the boots.
(09:17 PM) <Mialee> Hm.  The FDA wouldn't approve of all the shoddy labeling of
    flasks and potions here. :)
(09:17 PM) <DM> the 11th pair seems to fit ok
(09:17 PM) > Quenda trying on some of the boots
(09:17 PM) <DM> they are of soft leather.
(09:19 PM) > Flint examines the boots.
(09:19 PM) <Quenda> These are elven boots
(09:19 PM) <Flint> All of them?
(09:20 PM) <DM> no, just the 11th pair
(09:20 PM) <Quenda> you can walk in them and no one can hear you!
(09:20 PM) <Quenda> there are very special
(09:20 PM) <Mialee> Too bad there's only one pair of those.
(09:20 PM) <Flint> I think we should take them.
(09:21 PM) <DM> more precisely, no one could hear your footfalls
(09:21 PM) <DM> Are you going to wear them, Flint?
(09:22 PM) <Flint> I'm probably the noisiest one in the party.
(09:22 PM) <Mialee> Put 'em on. :)
(09:22 PM) <Flint> What do you guys say?
(09:22 PM) <Quenda> good idea
(09:23 PM) <Flint> Jozlan?
(09:23 PM) <Jozlan> I don't need em
(09:23 PM) > Flint puts on the boots.
(09:23 PM) <DM> There is nothing else of interest in here, that you can see,
(09:24 PM) <Flint> Have we searched the clothes?
(09:24 PM) <Mialee> I did.
(09:24 PM) <DM> Yes, Mialee searched them
(09:24 PM) <Mialee> OK, I think we're done in this room.
(09:25 PM) <Mialee> Looks like we're getting down toward K's personal quarters.
(09:25 PM) <Mialee> Let's raid. :)
(09:25 PM) <Flint> Shall we go down the south hallway or try the east door?
(09:26 PM) <Mialee> Let's try the east door.
(09:27 PM) <DM> Who is opening the door?
(09:27 PM) <Quenda> I'll try
(09:27 PM) <Mialee> Go for it.
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d6 -> 2
(09:28 PM) <DM> the door opens softly
(09:28 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLL
(09:28 PM) <DM> |    LLL
(09:28 PM) <DM> LLL  LLL
(09:28 PM) <DM> LLL  LLL
(09:28 PM) <DM> LLL   LL
(09:28 PM) <DM> LLL
(09:28 PM) <Jozlan> I'm not feeling well, so I'm going to bed.  You can control
    me for me ::)
(09:28 PM) <DM>
*** (09:28 PM) <Jozlan> has left the room.
(09:28 PM) <Mialee> Night Joz.
(09:29 PM) <DM> The air is dry and musty, and it is dark.
(09:29 PM) <Mialee> Southward ho :)
(09:29 PM) > Quenda walking in with my torch
(09:30 PM) <DM> As you head south, you notice that the walls are covered with
    some sort of stringy material.
(09:30 PM) > Quenda has her longsword in the other hand
(09:30 PM) <Mialee> Stringy?
(09:30 PM) > Mialee looks at the material closely.
(09:30 PM) <DM> yes...
(09:30 PM) <DM> When you touch the stringy stuff, it is very sticky.
(09:30 PM) <Mialee> Hm.
(09:31 PM) <DM> You continue south  into a chamber
(09:31 PM) <Quenda> is it only on the walls?
*** (09:31 PM) <Flint2> has entered the room.
(09:31 PM) <Mialee> reFlint.
(09:31 PM) <DM> walls and ceiling, and strung eery which way between
(09:31 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLL
(09:31 PM) <DM>     LLLLLLL
(09:31 PM) <DM> LL  LLLLLL
(09:31 PM) <DM> LL  LLLLLLL
(09:31 PM) <DM> LL   LLLLLL
(09:31 PM) <DM> LL
(09:31 PM) <DM> LL   4
(09:31 PM) <DM> LLL
(09:31 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLL
(09:31 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLL
(09:31 PM) <DM>
(09:31 PM) <Mialee> Is it like spider webbing?
(09:32 PM) <DM> very much like...
*** Roll by DM: 1d4 -> 4
(09:32 PM) <Mialee> Oh boy.
(09:32 PM) > Mialee readies an arrow.
(09:32 PM) <Mialee> Let's hae a look in room 4 then.
(09:32 PM) <DM> Jozan! something has dropped on your head!  Oh gods! it's
    crawled down the back of your neck...
*** Roll by DM: 1d20 -> 14
(09:32 PM) <Quenda> maybe we should not go in here
(09:33 PM) <Flint2> Quenda set fire to the webbing!
(09:33 PM) > Quenda torching the web like stuff
(09:33 PM) <DM> Jozan  feels a stabbing pain as the huge spider stings him with
    his venomous bite!
(09:33 PM) <Mialee> Uhoh.
(09:33 PM) <Mialee> Back, back, everyone back!
(09:34 PM) <DM> The strands of spider-silk ignite quickly,  but as they burn,
    they produce large quantities of oily smoke.
(09:34 PM) <DM> Someone roll for Jozan
(09:34 PM) <Mialee> Roll what?
(09:34 PM) <Mialee> I'll do it.
(09:34 PM) <DM> who I'm sure, is trying to knock the spider off
(09:34 PM) <DM> d20
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d20 -> 18
(09:34 PM) <Quenda> we need to get out
(09:34 PM) <DM> Jozan hits with his hammer!
(09:35 PM) <DM> roll d3 for damage
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d3 -> 2
(09:35 PM) <DM> The creature scrabbles around on jozan'z back and tries to find
    some leverage for another attack.
(09:35 PM) <DM> The air is becoming unbreathable due to the smoke, which, with
    no outlet in the room, is working its way down from the ceiling very
    quickly.
(09:36 PM) > Flint2 does a called shot with the flat of his axe
(09:36 PM) <Quenda> let get out of here
*** Roll by Flint2: 1D20 -> 18
(09:36 PM) <DM> hit, FLint
(09:36 PM) > Quenda runs out
(09:36 PM) <Mialee> Agreed, we need to get out of here, we'll deal with the
    spider in the hallway.
(09:36 PM) > Mialee runs out into the corridor.
(09:37 PM) <Flint2> normal damage?
(09:37 PM) <DM> roll damage Flint
(09:37 PM) <DM> half damage
*** Roll by Flint2: 1D4 -> 4
(09:37 PM) <DM> and FLint squashes the spider, doing 1 damage to Jozan in the
    meantime
(09:38 PM) > Flint2 grabs Jozlan and drags him out of the room.
(09:38 PM) <DM> and you both roll out of the room
(09:38 PM) <DM> into the hallway.
(09:38 PM) <DM> the smoke roiling over your head
(09:38 PM) <Quenda> Lets remember this room not to go in there again
(09:38 PM) <Mialee> That sucked.
(09:38 PM) <Mialee> How bad is Jozan?  Did he catch venom?
(09:39 PM) <DM> Jozan is looking poorly,
(09:39 PM) <Flint2> it will be better with the webs gone.
(09:39 PM) <DM> but someone (Flint) should roll a saving throw
(09:39 PM) <Mialee> True... we can try going in there again later, once the
    smoke clears.
*** Roll by Flint2: 1D20 -> 8
(09:39 PM) <DM> oooo...
(09:40 PM) <Quenda> not me sorry
(09:40 PM) > Flint2 casts Cure Light Wounds on Jozlan.
(09:40 PM) <Mialee> Uhoh.
*** Roll by Flint2: 1D4 -> 2
(09:40 PM) <DM> Ok, roll d4
(09:40 PM) <DM> ok
(09:41 PM) <DM> He feels a little better, but is still green around the gills
(09:41 PM) <Flint2> Is Jozlan able to talk?
(09:41 PM) <Quenda> he needs some rest!
(09:41 PM) <DM> yes, and he tells you he is feeling light-headed and nauseous
(09:42 PM) <Mialee> Yeah, he's been poisoned.  Damn.
(09:42 PM) <DM> I guess Kelvin really was feeling ill  :)
(09:42 PM) <Mialee> Heh
(09:43 PM) <Flint2> I don't have any spells to deal with poison.
(09:43 PM) <DM> hmmm....
(09:43 PM) <Mialee> Shoot... hm.
(09:44 PM) <DM> btw, did you close the door behind you when you left the room?
(09:44 PM) > Flint2 takes out the metal flask he found in the boot.
(09:44 PM) <Mialee> Not that I recall.
(09:44 PM) <Flint2> yes.
(09:44 PM) <Mialee> Did we?  OK.
(09:44 PM) <DM> There is a label on the flask showing 3 red X's, with a larger
    black slash running through them.
*** (09:45 PM) <Flint> has left the room.
(09:46 PM) <Mialee> Could be a poison cure.
(09:46 PM) <Flint2> Using my First Aid skill, Can I slow down the poison?
*** (09:46 PM) <Flint2> is now known as <Flint>
(09:46 PM) <DM> Jozan feels willing to take the chance that it is
(09:46 PM) <DM> No FLint, that's really only for injuries
(09:47 PM) <Mialee> Flint, give him a hit off that flask.
(09:47 PM) > Flint give Jozlan one dose from the flask.
(09:47 PM) <DM> which is the whole flask
(09:47 PM) <Flint> I tried...:-)
(09:48 PM) <DM> Jozan drinks deeply, and slumps back with a contented sigh
(09:48 PM) <DM> "that's much better, thankyou"
(09:48 PM) <Flint> I knew those three red X's ment moonshine.
(09:48 PM) <Mialee> Heh
(09:48 PM) > Mialee wonders how much rest Jozan needs.
(09:48 PM) <DM> after a minute or two, he gets to his feet, and says he's ready
    to go
(09:48 PM) <Mialee> Oh good.
(09:49 PM) <Mialee> Southward then?
(09:49 PM) <Flint> Lets check that room again.  The smoke may have cleared.
(09:49 PM) <Quenda> not me sorry
(09:50 PM) <Mialee> I say we go south, we can look in that room on the way
    back.
(09:50 PM) <Quenda> I'll gladly wait here for you:-)
(09:50 PM) > Flint opens the door and looks into the room.
(09:51 PM) <DM> the room is still full of smoke
(09:51 PM) > Flint closes the door.
(09:51 PM) <Flint> let's head south.
(09:51 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(09:51 PM) <DM>                     |
(09:51 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLL__LLL  LLLLLL
(09:51 PM) <DM> LLLLL      LLL  LLLLLL
(09:51 PM) <DM> LLLLL  6   LLL  LLLLLL
(09:51 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LLLLLL
(09:51 PM) <DM> |               LLLLLL
(09:51 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLL_LLLLLLLLLLLLL
(09:51 PM) <DM>
(09:52 PM) <Mialee> Door to the south?
(09:52 PM) <DM> You notice, as you round the corner, the door in the south
    wall, and one in the west
(09:52 PM) <Mialee> Let's try the south door first.
(09:52 PM) > Mialee listens at the door.
(09:52 PM) <DM> and hears nothing
(09:52 PM) <Flint> Was there any writing or design on the outside of that door?
(09:52 PM) <DM> No
(09:53 PM) <Quenda> let me try to open the door
(09:53 PM) <Flint> ok.
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d6 -> 5
(09:54 PM) <DM> the door is locked
(09:54 PM) > Mialee kicks the door.
(09:54 PM) > Flint tries to open the door.
*** Roll by Flint: 1D6 -> 1
(09:54 PM) <DM> The door is locked.
(09:55 PM) <Mialee> All together now, let's kick it in.
(09:55 PM) <Mialee> 1... 2... 3....
(09:55 PM) > Mialee kicks the door.
(09:55 PM) <DM> Thror: "Is it my turn again?"
(09:55 PM) <Mialee> Hehehe.
(09:55 PM) <Mialee> Thror, go for it.
(09:56 PM) <DM> It takes two swings of Thror's hammer to smash the lock on this
    door
(09:56 PM) <DM>
(09:56 PM) <DM> but smash it he does, and the door swings slowly open
(09:56 PM) <DM> This is a large sleeping chamber. It is comfortably if
    spartanly furnished.
(09:56 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLL  L
(09:56 PM) <DM> |               L
(09:56 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLL_LLLLLLLL
(09:56 PM) <DM> LLLLLL    5    wL
(09:56 PM) <DM> LLLLLL h       DL
(09:56 PM) <DM> LLLLLL C  H     L
(09:56 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLL  L
(09:56 PM) <DM>
(09:56 PM) <DM> There is a large padded chair, a desk with some papers and a
    lantern, torch sconces on walls, a bearskin rug, a washbasin on a shelf, a
    feather mattress on the bed, and a chest next to the bed.
(09:57 PM) <DM> There is a painting on the wall of a wizard on a mountaintop
    casting a spell.
(09:57 PM) > Mialee searches the desk.
(09:57 PM) <DM> Mialee, As you open the first drawer of the desk, you feel a
    nick on your finger, and you start too feel woozy;  roll a saving throw vs.
    Poison. (+4)
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d20 -> 16
(09:58 PM) <DM> You feel woozy, but maintain control.
(09:58 PM) <Mialee> Didn't realize there was a drawer, I only meant to search
    the desk top. :)
(09:58 PM) <DM> after a moment, it passes
(09:58 PM) <Mialee> Oh good.
(09:58 PM) <Mialee> So, anything worthwhile? :)
(09:58 PM) <DM> In the desk you find some ordinary parchment, 7 sheets of the
    very finest vellum, 2 quills made from the feather of some exotic creature,
    2 bottles of dark, blue-black liquid, and 6 ivory tubes, sealed on the ends
    with wax.
(09:59 PM) > Mialee takes all of that.
(09:59 PM) <DM> Your pack is getting pretty full  :)
(10:00 PM) <Mialee> Yeah, well :)
(10:00 PM) <DM> Flint, you still with us?
(10:01 PM) <DM> <sigh>  I think , Mialee that you and I are the only ones left.
     Shall we call it a night?
(10:01 PM) <Mialee> Yeah, I think we should. :)
*** (10:01 PM) <Flint2> has entered the room.
(10:01 PM) <Mialee> Whoops, there he is.
(10:02 PM) <Flint2>
(10:02 PM) <DM> Flint, did you see the room?
(10:02 PM) <Flint2> no.
(10:02 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLL  L
(10:02 PM) <DM> |               L
(10:02 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLL_LLLLLLLL
(10:02 PM) <DM> LLLLLL    5    wL
(10:02 PM) <DM> LLLLLL h       DL
(10:02 PM) <DM> LLLLLL C  H     L
(10:02 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLL  L
(10:02 PM) <DM>
(10:02 PM) <DM> This is a large sleeping chamber. It is comfortably if
    spartanly furnished.
(10:02 PM) <DM> There is a large padded chair, a desk with some papers and a
    lantern, torch sconces on walls, a bearskin rug, a washbasin on a shelf, a
    feather mattress on the bed, and a chest next to the bed.
(10:03 PM) <DM> There is a painting on the wall of a wizard on a mountaintop
    casting a spell.
(10:03 PM) <DM> Mialee has already searched the desk
(10:03 PM) <DM> and gotten almost poisoned for her efforts
(10:03 PM) <Mialee> Yeah.  Close call.
*** (10:04 PM) <Flint> has left the room.
(10:04 PM) <Mialee> Flint?
(10:05 PM) <DM> ahh, well
(10:05 PM) <DM> I guess we can pick up the search next time
(10:05 PM) <Mialee> OK, let's do that.
(10:05 PM) <DM> for the record, let me give you what I have for hit points
(10:05 PM) <DM> QuendaMialeeFlintJozanDalwinThror
(10:06 PM) <DM> 15111116812 respectively
(10:06 PM) <DM> 15 11  11 16 8 12
(10:06 PM) <Mialee> Wlw, that's a lot of HP :)
(10:06 PM) <Mialee> OK :)
(10:07 PM) <DM> I'd like to upload the logs , if for no other reason, than to
    let Flint and Jozan see what they missed
(10:07 PM) <Mialee> Sure, that's a good idea.
(10:07 PM) <DM> Ok, then, see you Monday  :)
(10:08 PM) <Mialee> Seeya :)
*** (10:08 PM) <Mialee> has left the room.
*** (10:08 PM) <reFlint> has entered the room.
(10:09 PM) <DM> Hi Flint, we decided to quit for the night.  We've had 2
    casualties so far, Jozan and Quenda
(10:09 PM) <DM> :)
(10:10 PM) <DM> I'm just wrapping up and recording the game status
(10:12 PM) <DM>
(10:12 PM) <DM> The game paused with the party in Room 5 (Karak's quarters)
    Mialee has already searched the desk.
(10:12 PM) <DM>
(10:12 PM) <DM> FWIW, I have the following Hit points:
(10:12 PM) <DM> Quenda  Mialee  Flint  Jozan  Dalwin  Thror
(10:12 PM) <DM> 15  11  11  16  8  12
(10:12 PM) <DM> Flint has 3 cure lIght Wounds
(10:12 PM) <DM> Jozan has 3 cure Ligh
(10:12 PM) <DM> Jozan has 3 cure Light Wounds, 1 silence, 1 Sp Hammer, 1 Hold
    Person
(10:12 PM) <DM>
(10:13 PM) <DM> The Party has spent an additional 5 hours in the dungeon
(10:13 PM) <DM> That's it for me
*** (10:13 PM) <DM> has left the room.


========================
March 30, 2002
========================


<DM> Room 5, Flint
<Flint> ?
<Flint> ok, the question mark was a test.  Ignore it please.
<DM> just a test ---
*** Roll by DM: 1d20 -> 1
<DM> Ok, well, I think I'm ready
<Mialee> I'm good to go.
<Flint> I think half the maps are missing.
<DM> to recap, when we last left our intrepid band, they were in the midst of
    ransacking Karak's quarters
<Mialee> I think so too, Flint.
<Mialee> We seem to only have the left half. :)
<Quenda> Good evening everyone!
<DM> ??  What do you mean?  You've seen more than I show?
<Mialee> Well, there are corridors that disappear off the right edge of these
    maps.
<DM> there were 2 messages, I thought.
<Mialee> There were -- one was upstairs and one was downstairs.
<Flint> Left half of lower level and maybe right half of uper level?
<Mialee> Oh, hm.
<Mialee> Are these left and right of the same map?
<DM> well....   the left half IS the lower level
<Mialee> I see.
<Mialee> I was treating them as separate maps.
<DM> yes, you could tape them together
> Mialee tries to think of a way to glue them back together on his screen.
<Flint> I like paper...<eg>
<Mialee> Paper?  Bah! :)
<DM> Miaee, you could copy them into word, and then do an option-paste
<Mialee> Option-paste?
<DM> Here's your immediate area, at the moment:
<Mialee> Kelvin just showed up in A2 :)
<Mialee> I'm directing him :)
<DM>  LLLLLLLLLLLLLL  L
<DM>  |               L
<DM>  LLLLLLLL_LLLLLLLL
<DM>  LLLLLL    5    wL
<DM> LLLLLLL h       DL
<DM> LLLLLLL C  H     L
<DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  L
<DM>
<Mialee> I don't suppose he was waiting in the RPG forum. :)
<Mialee> He's on the way.
<Flint> Good question.
*** <Kelvin> has entered the room.
*** <Kelvin> is now known as <Jozlan>
<Flint> Hello Kevin
<Mialee> We have a quorum :)
<Jozlan> soory for being late
<DM> Shall I re-send the last little bit from the last time?
<Quenda> Hello everyone, I was thinking, we need to pick a leader and I do not
    want to be it. So does anyone have a suggestion or do we have a volunteer?
<Quenda>
<Jozlan> yes please
<Flint> NEW RECORD *** One hour without a lock up.
<Jozlan> :)
<Mialee> Yes, we need a leader.
<DM> Ok, this may wrap poorly, but here goes
<Flint> Yes.
<DM>
<DM>
<DM> (09:56 PM) <DM> This is a large sleeping chamber. It is comfortably if
<DM>     spartanly furnished.
<DM> (09:56 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLL  L
<DM> (09:56 PM) <DM> |               L
<DM> (09:56 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLL_LLLLLLLL
<DM> (09:56 PM) <DM> LLLLLL    5    wL
<DM> (09:56 PM) <DM> LLLLLL h       DL
<DM> (09:56 PM) <DM> LLLLLL C  H     L
<DM> (09:56 PM) <DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLL  L
<DM> (09:56 PM) <DM>
<DM> (09:56 PM) <DM> There is a large padded chair, a desk with some papers and
    a
<DM>     lantern, torch sconces on walls, a bearskin rug, a washbasin on a
    shelf, a
<DM>     feather mattress on the bed, and a chest next to the bed.
<DM> (09:57 PM) <DM> There is a painting on the wall of a wizard on a
    mountaintop
<DM>     casting a spell.
<DM> (09:57 PM) > Mialee searches the desk.
<DM> (09:57 PM) <DM> Mialee, As you open the first drawer of the desk, you feel
    a
<DM>     nick on your finger, and you start too feel woozy;  roll a saving
    throw vs.
<DM>     Poison. (+4)
<DM> *** Roll by Mialee: 1d20 -> 16
<DM> (09:58 PM) <DM> You feel woozy, but maintain control.
<DM> (09:58 PM) <Mialee> Didn't realize there was a drawer, I only meant to
    search
<DM>     the desk top. :)
<DM> (09:58 PM) <DM> after a moment, it passes
<DM> (09:58 PM) <Mialee> Oh good.
<DM> (09:58 PM) <Mialee> So, anything worthwhile? :)
<DM> (09:58 PM) <DM> In the desk you find some ordinary parchment, 7 sheets of
    the
<DM>     very finest vellum, 2 quills made from the feather of some exotic
    creature,
<DM>     2 bottles of dark, blue-black liquid, and 6 ivory tubes, sealed on the
    ends
<DM>     with wax.
<DM> (09:59 PM) > Mialee takes all of that.
<DM> (09:59 PM) <DM> Your pack is getting pretty full  :)
<DM> (10:00 PM) <Mialee> Yeah, well :)/hidetime
<DM> oops
<DM> (10:12 PM) <DM> FWIW, I have the following Hit points:
<DM> (10:12 PM) <DM> Quenda  Mialee  Flint  Jozan  Dalwin  Thror
<DM> (10:12 PM) <DM> 15  11  11  16  8  12
<DM> (10:12 PM) <DM> Flint has 3 cure lIght Wounds
<DM> (10:12 PM) <DM> Jozan has 3 cure Ligh
<DM> (10:12 PM) <DM> Jozan has 3 cure Light Wounds, 1 silence, 1 Sp Hammer, 1
    Hold
<DM>     Person
<DM> (10:12 PM) <DM>
<DM> (10:13 PM) <DM> The Party has spent an additional 5 hours in the dungeon
<DM> So I think you still have some searching to do here.
> Jozlan looks under the rug
<Mialee> Yeah, we're not done in here.
<DM> There is nothing of note under the rug
> Jozlan examines the chest
> Flint searches the painting and the wall behind it.
<DM> examining...
<DM> It looks like an ordinary, if well made chest
> Jozlan opens the chest
<DM> Mialee, are you still by the desk?
<Mialee> Yeah.
<DM> As you open the chest, a cloud of gas puffs out, enveloping everyone
    within 10 ft.
<DM> Roll a saving throw vs. poison
<Jozlan> what #?
<DM> that would be jozlan
<Mialee> I'm farther away than that, right?
<DM> yes, Mialee
<Quenda> next to mialee
<DM> d20
*** Roll by Jozlan: 1d20 -> 4
<DM> You didn't make that throw, Jozlan
<DM> You start to feel pretty sick
<DM> Flint, the painting is of a wizard on a mountaintop casting a spell
<DM> Jozlan falls over and starts snoring
*** Roll by DM: 1d8 -> 7
<Flint> Anything special about the painting?  Does it resember the mural down
    stairs in the room with the fountain?
<DM> It's the same TYPE of painting, apparently commissioned by an arrogant
    wizard
<DM> but it doesn't look like the SAME wizard
> Quenda pouring water on Jozlan
<DM> he hiccups, and then continues to snore loudly
> Quenda picking up his head.
> Flint searches behind the painting and the wall.
<DM> The smoke, or gas, or whatever, seems to have dissipated
> Quenda looking in the chest
<DM> Are you dropping his head?
<Flint> lol
<DM> Nothing behind the painting, Flint
<Quenda> sorry I did!
> Mialee slaps Jozlan.
<DM> In the chest is a bag of 4000 copper pieces another of 500 silver pieces.
<DM> and Jozlan continues to snore blissfully on
> Jozlan dreams a little dream
<Flint> Mialee, if it's magic induces sleep only time or a reversed sleep spell
    will wake him.
<Quenda> we need to split up these pieces
<Mialee> We've already abandoned copper.
<Mialee> We're all very close to overburdened.
<DM> True, Mialee
<Mialee> I say leave the coins.  We have plenty already.
<DM> Thror and Dalwin offer to carry some of the silver
<Flint> Sounds good to me.
<Mialee> Let them take as much as they can carry.
<Flint> I trust them.
<DM> Thror and Dalwin each take half of the silver
<DM> There is a large padded chair, a desk with some papers and a lantern,
    torch sconces on walls, a bearskin rug, a washbasin on a shelf, a feather
    mattress on the bed, and a chest next to the bed.
<DM> just as a reminder
<DM> of what's in the room
<Mialee> Have we gone through the papers on the desk?
> Flint searches the bed.
> Mialee looks in the washbasin.
<DM> Yes, that's the vellum you took
<Flint> No we haven't.
<Mialee> Thought so.
<DM> it's clean, nothing special
<Flint> oops.
<Mialee> I guess we're waiting for Jozlan to wake up. :)
<DM> Flint, you were, ah, looking the other way at the time  :)
<Mialee> :)
> Flint searches under the matress, under the bed, and in the matress.
<DM> The bed is comfortable, but otherwise normal
> Quenda sitting down on the chair
<DM> Quenda, deep in the cushions of the chair, you find a ring.  There is a
    feather etched into the outside of the ring.
<Mialee> Nice job :)
<DM> HOw long are you going to wait for Jozlan to wake up?
<Mialee> Hm.  Do we need to give up and drag him along with us? :)
<Flint> Not when I get done with it.
> Quenda ring onto my finger
<Flint> Anything IN the matress?
<DM> no, nothing in the mattress
<DM> about 20 minutes has passed since Jozlan passed out
> Flint searches the floor, starting under the rug.
<Mialee> Let's wait another 20 minutes.
<DM> finds nothing under the rung
<DM> err rug
<DM> 30 minutes...
<Quenda> can anyone tell me if this feather on this ring means anything?
<Mialee> It doesn't to me.
<Quenda> ok then I will just keep it on my finger until we figure it out!
*** Roll by Flint: 1D20 -> 11
<DM> 40 minutes
<Flint> Climb onto the desk and jump off Quenda.
<Quenda> doesn't anyone have a spell for Jozlan?
<Flint> no, all I have is healing magic.
<DM> 50 minutes...
<Quenda> we can do a dance around him?
> Flint continues to search the rest of the floor.
<Mialee> I don't know what to do.
<Flint> Check the walls Mialee.
> Quenda climbing on the desk
> Mialee examines all the walls carefully.
<DM> Flint, you don't find anything unusual about the floor.  However, it may
    not be obvious from the diagram that there is a door in the south wall as
    well
<Jozlan> do you know what the dark blue black or ivory tubes are?
<Mialee> Ah-ha
> Mialee thought Jozlan was asleep.
<Jozlan> I am :)
<Flint> AH-HA
<DM> he's talking in his sleep, I guess
<Mialee> Then shut up. :)
> Flint examines Jozlan
<Mialee> Flint, you and Quenda should check out that door.  I'm going to stay
    here and keep an eye on our slumbering compatriot.
<DM> 60 minutes....
<Quenda> I'm on the desk move I'm going to jump!
<Mialee> Go for it.
> Quenda jumpimg
<DM> Quenda hits the floor.
> Mialee sighs.
<Quenda>  I'm ok
> Mialee examines the door to the south.
<Quenda> I'll stay here with Jozlan
<DM> It is a normal wooden door
<DM> 70 minutes....
> Mialee opens the door.
<DM> Jozlan snorts and wakes up, still a little groggy
<Flint> Quenda, sorry I forgot it's got to be 10 feet or more of a drop (I just
    made my INT check after all.)
<Jozlan> finally :)
<DM> Mialee, there is a passage leading to the south for about 70 ft
<Mialee> Jozlan, let me know when you're up to moving out.
> Quenda tickleing Jozlan ear
<Flint> Mialee, do you want me to go first?
<Mialee> Then we'll head south with Flint in the lead.
<Mialee> Quenda will take the rear; Jozlan and I will be in the middle, with
    the tagalongs.
<Quenda> ok
> Quenda following behind
<DM> LLLLLLLL
<DM>  5    wL
<DM>       DL
<DM>  H     L
<DM> LLLLL  L
<DM> LLLLL  L
<DM> LLLLL  L
<DM> LLLLL  L
<DM> LLLLL  L
<DM> LLLLL  ]]]]
<DM>
<DM> You go down the passage, and come to a corner, with stairs leading up to
    the east
<Mialee> Let's keep going.
> Jozlan I
<Jozlan> I'm all rested and ready
<DM> LL L  [[[[[  L
<DM> LL ]]]]]]]]  L
<DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLL
<DM>
<DM> the stairs go up to a landing, and then reverse back to the west
<Flint> Ready to go up the stairs?
<DM> at the top, there is a landing, apparently going nowhere
> Mialee checks out the walls.
<Flint> ok
<DM> Mialee, roll a d6
> Flint searches the walls.
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d6 -> 5
<DM> Flint, d6
<DM> Mialee finds nothing
> Mialee pouts.
<Mialee> It's obvious something has to be here.
> Quenda looking up and down the walls
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d6 -> 6
*** Roll by Flint: 1D6 -> 1
> Mialee knocks on all the walls.
<DM> Flint finds that at the top of the stairs, the north wall is really a
    secret door
<Mialee> Well done, Flint.  Lead on. :)
<DM> by pushing on one of the stones, the counterbalanced wall opens in toward
    you.
<Mialee> Go Flint. :)
> Flint leads on.
<DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
<DM> LLLLL           X                        L
<DM> LLLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
<DM> You're coming into a passageway, at the X
<DM> there seems to be a passage to the south down at the west end, and the
    east end seems to dead end
*** Roll by DM: 1d20 -> 3
<Mialee> Well, let's advance to the end of the hall.
<DM> which end?
<Flint> West
<Mialee> The one we didn't just come from. :)
<Flint> Is the door hidden in the north or south wall?
<DM> The door you came from is in the south wall
> Flint marks the doors location.
<DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
<DM> LLLLL           X                        L
<DM> LLLLL  LLLLLLLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
<DM>                 \
<Mialee> Let's head to the west.
<DM> Flint?
<Flint> I just want to see what is around the corner, the hallway shouldn't end
    at the east end like that.
<Quenda> I'm behind you anyway you go!
<DM> So FLint, are you going east or west?
> Flint peeks around the west corner.
<DM> Not so fast --
<Flint> I didn't think it would be that easy.
<DM> as you creep down the hallway to the west, about 25 feet from the
    south-leading passageway,
<DM> you feel the floor shift beneath your feet and
<Mialee> Uhoh
<Flint> We really need a thief for this.
<DM> the end of the hallway slams around to the south, blocking the exit
<Jozlan> I could cast silence, if you want
<DM> revealing a hideous half-rotted corpse in a small alcove.
<Jozlan> might not help, though
<DM> To your horror and disgust, the corpse-thing starts shuffling toward you.
<Flint> Doesn't help with booby traps like we just set off.
<Mialee> Nail it!
> Flint Dispelles Undead.
<DM> The corpse thing gets within 5 feet of Flint
*** Roll by Flint: 1D20 -> 15
<DM> roll flint
<DM> the corpse thing, stops, and starts backing up
<DM> grumbling
<DM> or at least it sounds that way
<Flint> ROTF
<DM> current situation:
<DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
<DM> LLLLL  C   X                             L
<DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
<DM>                 \
<DM> you are at the X
<Mialee> Is C the corpse thing?
<DM> yes
<Mialee> Well, do we go check out the east end?
<Mialee> I think we should.
<Quenda> go Mialee
<Flint> It won't attack me, but we really should distroy it.
<Mialee> OK.
> Mialee shoots the corpse.
<DM> roll
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d20 -> 3
<DM> the arrow clatters off the floor
<Mialee> Great. :)
> Mialee shoots again.
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d20 -> 3
<DM> The corpse thing looks real mean at Mialee
<Mialee> Is anyone else going to attack it?  Come on, people. :)
> Quenda moving toward the corpse with bow ready to fire
<Mialee> Jeez, I suck :)
<DM> At least with the bow, you do
<DM> But now the creature starts shambling toward you again
> Quenda fires bow
> Mialee shoots again
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d20 -> 3
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d20 -> 7
<Mialee> What the heck is that?
<DM> jeez, Mialee, you really do suck  :)
<Jozlan> 4th time's a charge
<Flint> If I attack it, the dispell will break.
<Jozlan> charm
<DM> I think you need another missle weapon  :)
<Mialee> I only have 4 arrows left. :)
> Mialee shoots again
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d20 -> 1
<Mialee> Jeez.
*** Roll by DM: 1d20 -> 10
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d20 -> 13
> Flint charges the corpse.
> Mialee switches to her staff.
> Flint attacks with his Battle Axe.
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d6 -> 2
> Mialee whacks the corpse with her staff.
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d20 -> 8
<Mialee> Jeez.
*** Roll by Flint: 1D20 -> 3
<DM> Quenda's arrow plunges deeply into the corpses body
<DM> mialee misses
<DM> flint misses
> Mialee swings again.
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d20 -> 2
<DM> wait asec
> Mialee screams angrily.
> Flint misses big time.
> Quenda grabs her sword
<DM> the corpse swings back, at
*** Roll by DM: 1d2 -> 1
<DM> Flint
*** Roll by DM: 1d20 -> 4
*** Roll by DM: 1d20 -> 5
<DM> the corpse misses FLint twice
> Jozlan bashes the corpse
<DM> Flint, your turn
*** Roll by Jozlan: 1d20 -> 9
<DM> Joz, you can't get to it
<Jozlan> just as well :)
> Flint attacks with his Battle Axe.
<DM> Flint and Mialee are in the front rank, Joz and Quenda in the 2d rank
*** Roll by Flint: 1D20 -> 4
<DM> Mialee
<DM> go
> Mialee swings.
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d20 -> 19
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d6 -> 2
<DM> YES!
<Mialee> Finally. :)
<DM> a hit
<DM> staff does d6, no?
<Mialee> Yes.
<Mialee> That's why I rolled 1d6 :)
<DM> oh
<DM> didn't see that
*** Roll by DM: 1d2 -> 2
<DM> The creature swings at Mialee
*** Roll by DM: 1d20 -> 17
<DM> hit
<DM> ,2
*** Roll by DM: 1d20 -> 6
<DM> miss
<DM> .3
*** Roll by DM: 1d3 -> 2
<DM> Mialee takes 2 damage, and feels a sudden..
<DM> feeling of stiffness, but shakes it off
<Mialee> Whew
<Flint> That's why I wanted to distroy this thing at a distance.
<DM> Flint your turn
> Flint attacks with his Battle Axe.
*** Roll by Flint: 1D20 -> 13
<Flint> better
<DM> A hit, Flint!
<Flint> Y E S !
*** Roll by Flint: 1D8 -> 6
<DM> And chops the thing in half!
<DM> the two pieces slither to the ground
<Quenda> good job Flint
<Mialee> Nice job.
<Flint> If they keep coming at us, we need to burn them.
<Mialee> I wish I knew the command word for this staff of magic missile I have.
    :)
<DM> wouldn't that be nice?
<Mialee> Yes, it would.
<Mialee> If I'd known they had command words, I'd have tried to get it out of
    the former owner before we killed him. :)
> Mialee looks at the walls at the west end of this hallway, to see if there's
    a way to open it back up.
<Flint> Have you tried a Read Magic on it to check for a command word?
> Mialee looks at the staff, to see if there's any writing on it.
<DM> As a matter of fact, there is some magical looking script
> Flint searches the west end of the hallway.
<Mialee> Argh. :)
<Jozlan> i think the magic word is "please"
<Mialee> OK... next time I have a chance I need to rest up so I can memorize a
    Read Magic. :)
<Flint> Yes but in what language?
> DM wonders if that will work, and checks the DMG
<Flint> Check the spell discription in the PHB.
> Mialee watches his auctions that are ending tonight.
<DM> Ok, I found it, let's carry on
<DM> You're still in the hallway, with the (TRULY) dead ghoul at your feet.
<Mialee> So, I'll memorize a Read Magic at the next opportunity.
<Mialee> Let's check the walls, for now, see if we can find a way out the west
    end.
<Flint> Yes, page 119
<DM> got it, thanks
> Mialee starts closely examining the walls at the end of the hall.
<DM> roll a d6
> Quenda checking the walls
*** Roll by Mialee: 1d6 -> 2
*** Roll by Quenda: 1d6 -> 5
*** Roll by Flint: 1D6 -> 5
<DM> Mialee discovers that the wall you saw slamming shut is on wheels
> Mialee rolls it open.
<DM> there is a piece of stone protruding from the left edge at about waist
    height
> Mialee pushes the stone.
<DM> The stone rolls back, into the alcove, and you hear a "click"
<Mialee> OK, Flint... lead on. :)
<DM> and see what appears to be a normal wall
<Mialee> Hm?
<Flint> Shall I continue to lead the way down the hallway?
<Mialee> Yeah.
<Jozlan> yes
<DM> West?
<Mialee> Yes.
<DM>    LLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
<DM> L  LLLLLLLL 3
<DM> L  LLLLLLLL  LLLLL
<DM> L  LLLLLLL  LLLLLL
<DM>             LLLLLL
<DM> L  LLLLLLL   LLLLL
<DM> L  LLLLLLLLL   LLL
> Flint leads the way down the hallway, hoping to avoid the trip plate this
    time.
<DM> You come to this intersection, and realize you are back on the level you
    originally entered the complex on
<Mialee> South?
<Flint> Right, this must be his bolt hole - lets go back and examine the est
    end of that hallway.
<DM> west and south, or southeast from the intersection?
<Mialee> Is this an area we've already explored?  I don't see it on my map.
<DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL h
<DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL        LLLLLLLLLL C
<DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL    2   LLLLLLLLLLLLLL
<DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL        LLLLLLLLLLLLLL
<DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LLLLLLLL 3
<DM> LLLLLL
<DM>
<DM> that didn't work, hang on
<Mialee> OK, I see where we are now.
<DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL h
<DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL        LLLLLLLLLL C
<DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL    2   LLLLLLLLLLLLLL
<DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL        LLLLLLLLLLLLLL
<DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LLLLLLLL 3
<DM> LLLLLLL   _   LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LLLLLLLL  LLLL
<DM> LLLLL    | [[  LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LLLLLLL  LLLLL
<DM> LLLL     |_]]] L ]]]]]]]                    LLLLL
<DM> LLLLL   1a     LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LLLLLLL   LLLL
<DM> LLLLLLL       LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  LLLLLLLLL   LL

<DM> You are now just south of the 3
<Mialee> Then eastward it is.
> Flint heads back past the secret door and examines the east end of the
    hallway.
<DM> As you move down the hallway to the east, you feel the floor beneath your
    feet shift ever so slightly, and wall on the west slams open,
<DM> closing off your escape
<Flint> open?
<Mialee> Open?
<DM> well, the wall that was there originally opened up to reveal the alcove
<DM> where the ghoul was hiding
<Flint> Are we past it by the secret entrance to Karak's quarters?
<DM> Yes
<Mialee> Let's keep going.
<Mialee> Down to the east end of this passage.
> Flint continues to the east end of the hallway.
> Mialee doesn't believe in dead ends.
<DM> Ok, you move down the hallway:  after about 60 feet, the floor tips out
    from under you, and you all find yourself falling down a chute of some
    sort, to the north.
<Mialee> Wheee!
<DM> There is enough slope to control your descent, without injury
<Mialee> (hm, I have an auction about to end with no bids)
<Mialee> That's good.
<Mialee> What's at the bottom?
<DM> You've tumbled into a natural cave, about 30x40 ft.  The air is dry and
    musty, and it is dark.  There is a tinge of smoke in the air
<Mialee> Do we have a light?
<Flint> incense?
<Mialee> I'm worried this might be the spider cave we torched earlier. :)
<DM> ok
<Mialee> Someone light a torch. :)
<DM> I assume you've been using Flint's lantern
<Mialee> I don't have one.
<Mialee> Oh, yeah.
<Mialee> What do we see in here.
<DM>  |    LLLLLLL    LLL
<DM> LLLL  LLLLLL    LLLL
<DM> LLLL  LLLLLLL 4a LLL
<DM> LLLL   LLLLLLL   LLL
<DM> LLLL            LLLL
<DM> LLLL   4     LLLLLLL
<DM> LLLLL        LLLLLLL
<DM> LLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLL
<DM> LLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLL
<DM> LLL         LLLLLLLL
<DM> L    LLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
<DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
<DM>  XX
<DM> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL


It seems that some portion of the log of this adventure was lost along the way. :( Suffice to say that they did a lot of sneaking and peeking and snuck out just before Karak returned to his lair. We pick up again after they've made it safely back to Hillsview, to discover, to their chagrin, That Karak and his armies had raided the town while they were raiding his fortress.
____ _ __ ___ _ __ / __/__ ___ (_) /__ ___ / _/ | | /| / /__ _____ _\ \/ _ \/ _ \/ / (_-< / _ \/ _/ | |/ |/ / _ `/ __/ /___/ .__/\___/_/_/___/ \___/_/ |__/|__/\_,_/_/ /_/
After you've had the chance to rest and recuperate a little, you visit the town fathers of Hillsview, and express your regrets that you were unable to prevent the attack on the town. They are understanding, and appreciate the help that Jozlan and Flint are able to give over the next few days in tending for the wounded. Meanwhile, the next day, a well-rested Mialee studies her own spell-book, and is delighted to discover that for some reason, she is able to memorize not two, but _four_ first level spells! Over the course of the next week or so, you take stock of yourselves and what you have learned and gained from your adventure. What follows is what you've gained in this adventure, not counting what you already had. When all is said and done, you've accumulated 3880 gpv worth of coin, gems, and jewelry. In addition to the 2 135 gpv emeralds carried by Flint, you have amassed the following bits of jewelry: a small emerald, (25 gpv) previously carried in a small pouch by Ben. a jeweled dagger previously carried by Don, worth 200 gp. a gold chain from around Ed's neck that is worth 45 gp. 2 small rubies worth 60 gp each from the spider collection. You have also managed to haul out 3220 gpv worth of coins. The town is barely big enough to sport a Moneychanger, who will convert the coinage into any denominations you want for a flat fee of 5 gp, but who will only give you 50% of the value of the gems and jewelry. Flint could sell that orcish banded mail in this town for 30 gp each, and the robes for 25 gp each. You've collected the following "interesting" bottles of liquid: Flask of amber liquid. There is a label on the flask showing 3 red X's, with a larger black slash running through them. Flask marked with black circle, diagonal line through face full of pock-marks 4 bottles, marked, respectively; Philter of Love Extra Healing (3d8+3) Oil of Slipperiness Invisibility Other items: Mialee found a Staff and Wand of apparent magical ability. Casting a Read Magic reveals the word "Blitzen!" in magical script on the Staff and the word "Discover!" inscribed on the base of the wand. Mialee is also wearing a ring taken off of poor Ed's finger, with a cauldron inscribed on it. Flint is wearing some boots (of Elvenkind?). Quenda is wearing a ring found in Karak's quarters with a feather etched in it. There seems to be some confusion as to who carried what out of the dungeon, but there are 2 (count-em, two) large leather-bound books (1 from room 14 and one from room 13. If there was another, let me know where from). After spending some days in meditation and renewing of spells (at twice her normal rate), Mialee is able to determine that the 2 books are indeed magical spell books, containing the following spells: Book (Rm 13, Burne's quarters) Magic Missile, Read Magic, Shield, Sleep, Transfer By Portal, Write, Mirror Image, Web. Book (Rm 14) contains: Read Magic, Burning Hands, Sleep, Write, Identify, Tenser's Floating Disk You also found scrolls, in the typical Ivory tubes, sealed with wax. Between Mialee and Jozlan, you determine that they contain: 1. Levitate 2. !! Explodes in your face, doing 7 hp of damage!! Luckily, Jozlan is there to fix you up. 3. Leomund's Tiny Hut. 4. Magic Missile 5. Continual Light (Clerical) 6. Rope trick, Hold Person, Dispel Magic, Fireball 7. Identify, Push 8. Mending, Jump 9. Hold Portal 10. Cure Serious Wounds (2d8+1) (Clerical) 11. Tenser's Floating Disk 12. Create Food and Water (Clerical) Quenda announces to the group that she has had enough of this adventuring life, and plans to return to her forest home. Taking a satchel of 50 sp and 25 gp, she prepares to leave. Thror and Dalwin are anxious to return to their homeland. Of course, they wouldn't mind taking along some money for the road if you're willing to share your spoils with them (after all, between them, they did carry 1/3 of it out :)

Admin Note: Each character has earned 1224 xp. That means that Quenda and Jozlan each now have 7224 xp, so Jozlan goes to level 4 Cleric, and needs to roll for new hit points. The DM (that's me) has decided to make a _one_time_non_precedent_setting_ exception to the normal rules about splitting xp equally for multi-classed characters. I have decided that Flint and Mialee spent MUCH more time fighting in the last adventure than practicing their arcane arts, and so the xp split for them will be 1001/223 (Ftr/Other). This means that Flint becomes a 3/3 Ftr/Clr and Mialee becomes a 3/2 Ftr/MU, and both need to roll for hit points. If either object to this peremptory treatment, let me know :)

  Go to the next adventure